Replies

• CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Not for everyone, but a cup of frozen peas
  • parvy123
    parvy123 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this and good to see everyone's comments. I too am really struggling with this. I go in phases - sometimes my resolve is great for weeks and then I lose it and snack snack snack. I even find myself craving bowls of cereal at 10.30pm!

I am going to have to tell myself NO snacking after dinner - and perhaps stop the cup of tea or coffee too - because this usually has associations with snacking (tea and a biscuit or 10!)

Frozen grapes are great and so are orange juice ice lollies when it is hot - they really help

Good luck everyone!
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Some great suggestions here! My problem time is from the minute I walk in home, whether it's after school run at 3.30 or later, until I have got my evening meal ready, whatever it is, whatever I have eaten that day. I always seem to blow my diet!

However, from now on I will try doing sit ups, push ups, etc whilst dinner is cooking in the hope it will occupy my hands so they aren't in the biscuit cupboard!

B x
  • ohhbee2012
    ohhbee2012 Posts: 17
    Options
    tea! seriously, it is so filling and the possibilities are endless as to the Flavor you pick. Decaf will still let you get to sleep too :)
    My favorites : Yogi Tahitian Vanilla Hazelnut
    Celestial Seasonings Thai Coconut Decaf Chai

0 calories with a packet of splenda, and warm vanilla yumminess to help lull you to sleep!
  • sherryadams72
    Options
    My problem is not really that I am hungry, but if I ever sit down after 8 pm to watch television I fall asleep.....drives my husband insane...the only way I can stay awake is to eat popcorn. I buy the lite versions so the calories are not that bad, and I always have room in my daily allowance for it.
  • bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This sounds odd but I eat ice. I love the crunching and it gives me the feeling that I am eating something when it's just water. Weird but it works!
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Jerzeeblondie Posts: 236
    Options
    lots of great ideas..... eattin ice and making frozen juice popsicles sounds good, it's still helping the chewing part. I like the popcorn too, I find myself doing that a lot and then afterwards I crave something sweet. I've been trying to cut out the snacking altogehter but, maybe I'll just start working it into my calories!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    If I get the munchies I make a cup of decaf coffee put a little of light whip cream in there good to go..
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I like frozen raspberries/blackberries, carrots, and bell pepers for munchies. You can go hog wild on them and you probably won't eat enough to go over your calories ;)
  • jackiekayy
    Options
    Try vitatop chocolate chip muffin top with 2 tbsp of lite whipped cream. In total its 120 calorie snack that tastes amazing :)
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I keep enough calories (or earn enogh calories by going for a walk/bike ride) so that I can have an after dinner snack. If I don' t eat I feel nauseous in the morning, and its really bad if I don't eat and my kids have a bad night and I end up being up repeatedly during the night.

I usually have half a granny smith apple and some pretzels.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This is where I struggle too and I have a protein shake every evening and it really helps!!
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Evening snacking is my biggest downfall as well, it's really just a bad habit that I connect with watching tv. If I'm doing ANYTHING else I'm fine...but as soon as I'm in front of the tv I want to snack. So for me one solution is not to watch as much tv...but when I've decided to be in a couch potato mode then I allow myself one snack, and after that I switch to drinking tea.