Do u like getting flirted with?

Options

Replies

• slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    I have no idea of the flirting rules and cant be arsed to google them. ;)

I'm sure you can figure them out

Are you flirting with me? ;)

Depends, would you like me to be? LOL

Things are escalating to quick, It's not me it's you (I think that's the right?), I just need to be on my own for a bit. See, I'm rubbish at this!! :D
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't know what this "flirting" thing means
    It's a contraction of "flatulance" and "squirt", and I'm surprised how many people here freely admit to being in to that sort of thing.
  • TigerLilly98a
    TigerLilly98a Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

Things are escalating to quick, It's not me it's you (I think that's the right?), I just need to be on my own for a bit. See, I'm rubbish at this!! :D

ROFL.......crash and burn!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    mom216 wrote: »
    Yes! What I don't understand - why do men flirt and then not follow through with asking for a date. A gentleman, friend flirted hot & heavy for an extended period of time then didn't ask me out. We are both single, age compatible and have similar interests. When he didn't ask, I shifted gears and decided not to waste my time. He is still a good friend, but he will stay in the friend zone. My position, step up or step off. >:)

Not to pick on you, but this is something that drives me a little nutty. Why the heck didn't YOU just ask him out if you were interested? He likely could have felt the same... Just sayin'.

Different generation. I believe in some old fashioned dating customs.... If a man wants a date, he calls in advance, plans the evening, opens doors etc. I value my time and energy. If he wants me to pay attention then he will make the effort.

Would you rather date a man or treats you like one of the guys (always available, no planning, doesn't open the car door) or a man who treats you like a lady? Respect and integrity are always appropriate.

I think where we disagree is that I think you can have all those things out of a relationship: mutual respect, etc. I don't think that you expressing interest and physically saying the words "would you like to go on a date?" undermine the level of respect you'd receive.

Just because I made the first move, doesn't mean a man going to treat me "like one of the guys". It does mean that I value my own time and energy; if I've put in weeks flirting with someone (which I wouldn't do without a date anyway) I'd rather follow through than go "eh, time to move on. He's not following the schedule I've set in my head and haven't bothered to discuss with him".

We just have different dating philosophies. I hope that you can find a good, straight forward gent like you're looking for :)

It would be so much less complicated if more women thought of it like this.

Some of us men need to be trained also. If I'm into someone, I want to make her happy. Sometimes I fail only because I don't know what she wants/needs. Expecting men to know your individual desires is unreasonable, yet so many women want exactly that. Communicate what you need... if I want something to work out, I will follow directions.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options

Duuuuuuuuude....you were soooooo close! Still have a shot! Don't give up!!
  • Noogsofthenorth
    Noogsofthenorth Posts: 138 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Flirting,farting is such good fun :-)
  • slideaway1
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »

Thanks man. Your optimisme means a lot to me. I'll just chalk it up to experience. Another one that got away. I've got this!
  • TigerLilly98a
    TigerLilly98a Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

Thanks man. Your optimisme means a lot to me. I'll just chalk it up to experience. Another one that got away. I've got this!

Rejected is enough, glad I could help with your experience!
  • Noelv1976
    Options

She laughed at your comment, and made a joke about it. As a matter of fact, she was on the floor laughing! Rolling around, no less. so there's still a chance man!
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options

It's alright, bro. We got this.

We just need someone to start a "Flirting for Dummies" thread. Lesson #1, ladies and gents: Winky faces ;)
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    That winky face means it's a flirt? Just figure it meant I'm a dumba$$ or something
  • shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I like flirting I might not be good at it but I enjoy it lol
  • katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    Options
    I never get approached. Plus I suck at flirting. I'm not subtle. Lol
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    aawwww... I'll flirt with ya!!
  • katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    Options
    aawwww... I'll flirt with ya!!

Haha thanks sweets
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm never sure it's happening but it's a confidence booster

^^This^^ I never think I'm being flirted with until the person makes it blatantly obvious. (Like finally walks up and says so! lol) :blush:
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyingly specific. So, mostly no. But then there is an occasional "oh, yeah".
  • nomad5326
    nomad5326 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'd think we all do to a point. Most of us suck at it or think we do anyway.
  • slideaway1
    Options
    On Line Flirting is an even bigger minefield to real life. I have no idea what Emoticons represent and I once thought a girl was ROFL and it turned out she was having a fit! ;)