Selfie Sticks

Options
TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
Wow. Saw them everywhere when I was on vacation. Taking narcissism to a new level. Wish I had invented them. I could get rich off the total self-involvement of others.

So... You got one?

Or.. What do you think about them?

Replies

• Noogsofthenorth
    Noogsofthenorth Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Selfish sticks I call them
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    I don't get it. I'm on a cruise in the Sea of Cortez and some gal spent the whole evening taking pics of herself. She could have had some beautiful pics if she had just turned her cell phone the opposite direction. I guess when she posts it on FB everyone will be jealous of what's going on over her shoulder.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    They've had to actually put an official ban on them (on rides) in Disney parks. Not sure if they've brought it to a total ban yet. Not even Mickey Mouse wants to be a part of your selfie sticks!
  • jezzyrae
    jezzyrae Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Had one for a short bit, it's good for those hard to reach places. When I was done, I gave it to the kids! Haha
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    I never cared for Go-Pros either, but at least they were recording what's going on around them.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    It's a practical solution. Every girl should have one. And name it.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i need one
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    They make OUTSTANDING lightning rods... and I cannot WAIT for THAT news story!!!!!!!!!! >:)
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    ^ Strike a Pose!
  • Noogsofthenorth
    Noogsofthenorth Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Do they come in pink rubber lol
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    Do they come in pink rubber lol

She gets the implication. Ya, know. The implication.

• DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    They're handy if you're trying to include yourself in a photo and have no one around to take it. I find I'm often left out of the vacation photos because I am always the one taking the picture! :/ And if you are going to say, "just ask a random person to take it for you" ... yes this can be done, but you'd be surprised how many people truly do not know how to take a decent photo... ::sigh:: So for those reasons I am all for a selfie-stick! I just haven't purchased one yet.
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    @BFDeal See, you get it!
  • no_pink_skirts
    no_pink_skirts Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I don't understand WHY they exist...like you could EASILY ask someone "hey can you take a pic of me and my friends" and they would oblige. I don't believe there are that many people out there who would steal a phone. Everyone already has their own!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    It's a practical solution. Every girl should have one. And name it.

Winner!
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    I don't understand WHY they exist...like you could EASILY ask someone "hey can you take a pic of me and my friends" and they would oblige. I don't believe there are that many people out there who would steal a phone. Everyone already has their own!

But there are a lot of people who don't know how to take a decent photo!
    I have experienced this on many a vacation!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ....double post