Master Cleanse

Options
Hey everybody!! My name is Jordanne. I was a flight attendant for 3 years and gained 30lbs. I keep doing the yoyo diet thing and I have no results so to reset my system I'm doing the master cleanse. Basically you drink ceyanne pepper, grade B maple syrup, and lemon for 10 days....has anyone done this? Have any advice?? Anything else out there that works ((( yes diet and excercise but any tips ???)))

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    RUN AWAY
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Reset your system from what?

Unnecessary

Eat normal food in a caloric deficit. For good health eat lots of nutritious food, including protein, fats and fresh vegies and fruit.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I JUST read in another thread how a guy tried this and had explosive diarrhea all over his girlfriend and his bed in the middle of the night.

HAVE FUN!!!!!
  • jordannedundas
    jordannedundas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh wow!!! Thankx a bunch guys!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I JUST read in another thread how a guy tried this and had explosive diarrhea all over his girlfriend and his bed in the middle of the night.

HAVE FUN!!!!!

LOL What??????????? is this real???????
  • VioletteJ88
    VioletteJ88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have not tried this specifically but will say I did the juice fast for 5 days. Fresh fruit and veggies in my bullet mixed with coconut water or regular water and I lost 8 lbs! Although I gained it back
    Over the weekend even doing a low. Approve diet. Doing a cleanse or fast may help subside cravings but don't expect the weight you lost to be gone for good. Keep in mind you will be losing water weight not fat weight.
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yeah, clean eating and exercise is the tried and true method. Everything else results in gain back.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!! My name is Jordanne. I was a flight attendant for 3 years and gained 30lbs. I keep doing the yoyo diet thing and I have no results so to reset my system I'm doing the master cleanse. Basically you drink ceyanne pepper, grade B maple syrup, and lemon for 10 days....has anyone done this? Have any advice?? Anything else out there that works ((( yes diet and excercise but any tips ???)))

There are no magic diets or cleansings. Eat less than you burn, and you will lose weight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ccourcha wrote: »
    Yeah, clean eating and exercise calorie deficit is the tried and true method. Everything else results in gain back.

LOL what????

Fixed it for you..
    1. clean eating is totally unnecessary for weight loss
    2. exercise is unnecessary for weight loss
    3. all you need is a calorie deficit.
  • beachbodyproject
    beachbodyproject Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ok seriously the master cleanse is not that big of a deal! it is 10 days out of your entire life.
    you will not *kitten* alll over the place!!!! The first few days are hard, the following are not so bad. It is mostly a mental thing. For sure you'll feel hungry, but you wont die from it. just make sure you keep drinking that juice and lots of water in between. you will need to go pee 10 times a day.
    If you eat *kitten* food after, you will gain all the weight back and mmoooore.
    If it is a start for a good and healthy life style then go for it. BUT BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF!!!
    But dont blame the fad diet for gaining back the weight, blame the poor habits.
    good luck!!!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    RUN AWAY

I gigglesnorted.
  • Geekymonkey99
    Geekymonkey99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Poor habits include depriving yourself for ten days...

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    ok seriously the master cleanse is not that big of a deal! it is 10 days out of your entire life.
    you will not *kitten* alll over the place!!!! The first few days are hard, the following are not so bad. It is mostly a mental thing. For sure you'll feel hungry, but you wont die from it. just make sure you keep drinking that juice and lots of water in between. you will need to go pee 10 times a day.
    If it is a start for a good and healthy life style then go for it. BUT BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF!!!
    good luck!!!

A Master Cleanse killed my pa!
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    sounds like a homemade laxitive to me.........
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! Your correct OP. Also rub it on your bald spot if you have one...it grows hair too.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Ive done it twice, the second time for over 20 days and my digestive system is still suffering from it and it has been six years. Please don't do it just eat a deficit and exercise. You don't need to "reset" yours system.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    good luck!!!

How is starving yourself for 10 days the "start for a good and healthy lifestyle"?
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    People are still buying into the Master Cleanse?!

mad.gif
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    good luck!!!

In all honesty, I knew someone who did this and by day 8 had given themselves a massive ulcer. I'll grant the fact they were older and obese, but still.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand how anyone can seriously consider doing this and think it will "kick start a healthy lifestyle". Water, cayenne and lemon. You really think that is going to segue into long term health when that is all you consume for 10 days?