Should I fire the pool boy?

I need advice. First, how many calories could I really burn chasing a pool boy? Second, he has great abs and up until last week, kept the pool spotless. However, since the season began and all of my lady friends have been visiting, his role has expanded, to pouring champagne, fetching snacks, fluffing towels, that kind of thing. At first, I thought it was brilliant and maybe I could increase his wages. But then, I noticed he is consuming more champagne than he pours. This morning I swam straight into a raccoon. A living racoon. Should I fire Rudolf?

Replies

• SherrieTrifle
    SherrieTrifle Posts: 148 Member
    Can I exchange lives with you? My gardener has bad teeth and looks emaciated, so sadly I have nothing to offer in exchange. Perhaps, a slummy sort of adventure?
  • vypressme
    vypressme Posts: 228 Member
    Yes please, fire him and send his butt over here. I'll see that he gets the punishment he deserves.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    So just the other day I was cleaning this ladies pool and a raccoon jumped right in front of her as she was swimming. I wonder if I will get fired.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Why are there never pool girls. their uniform should be white T shirts.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    I say fire him, hire me, and let's talk about some more fantasies of yours, Ms. Betty. In a PM of course.
  • TheBettyVallencourt
    TheBettyVallencourt Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you, darlings, for your valuable input. It's like my third husband always said: "Dear, if you are unhappy with the first pool boy, just hire a second one to manage him". I abhor confrontation, so I've asked my tennis instructor to handle the whole thing. I can always just stock more champagne. And the raccoons are such precious little creatures, when you've been drinking.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Please....tell me more....
  • shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    I don't have a pool but I want a pool boy volunteers? Lol
  • Cindy4FunFit

Exactly. Consider this thread an open call for pool boys.

• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    I don't have a pool either. :/ I have a hammock. Are their hammock boys? I want drinks poured, continuous fanning, and the hammock rocked. Please send resumes and uniform pictures for consideration.
  • shoppingmaniac86

Exactly. Consider this thread an open call for pool boys.

Lmao probably
  • Cindy4FunFit
    I don't have a pool either. :/ I have a hammock. Are their hammock boys? I want drinks poured, continuous fanning, and the hammock rocked. Please send resumes and uniform pictures for consideration.

You are brilliant and have just created a new growth industry. Now, we just need to funnel applicants from the worst college fraternities & direct hire.

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    I hear hammock boys will just drive you bananas.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    senecarr wrote: »
    I hear hammock boys will just drive you bananas.

Banana hammock lmao
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    edited June 2015
    indubitably, forthwith.

Do you live anywhere near a major sporting university? If so you should have no worries finding replacement abs. Perhaps keep the old pool boy long enough to train up the new pool boy before firing him. One less chore.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member

You are brilliant and have just created a new growth industry. Now, we just need to funnel applicants from the worst college fraternities & direct hire.

Done and done! You and me, we'll be rolling in banana hammocks!
  • Cindy4FunFit

Done and done! You and me, we'll be rolling in banana hammocks!

For the love of fun, first person to grab & post a banana hammock pic/gif is my new best friend.

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Do you just have a vivid imagination or what?
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Um first off, and this is coming from a lady of leisure, you don't fire him...that's crass you are doing right having someone else handle that.

Secondly, you need a valet to be fluffing the towels and such, the pool boy is there for the pool...he should be in his "uniform" flexing his muscles handling that big long pole they all have. He could give some hands on swimming instruction and possibly the odd rub down after a hard swim. But sweetie....you need to hire more help.