Things I had to unlearn about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Well done, sir! <3

Add in something about cleanses being bogus and you've got the holy grail. :)

But THE TOXINS....how am I supposed to get rid of the evil toxins that are making me fat???? ;)

The only two cleanses that are proven to be beneficial are The Peeps Master Cleanse™ and The Haribo Sugarfree Gummy Bear Cleanse™ because delicious.

B)

Are those gummy bears the ones with the hysterical reviews on Amazon? I think I'll have to search there later "just for giggles" as my kids would say. lol

(thankfully I don't like gummy bears so I'm safe...)
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Well said OP! I've heard these things for years, and have always doubted each and every one of these myths because it just doesn't sound right to me. But it's hard to argue this with people who think they know "the truth"
  • msphae30
    msphae30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very informative! B)
  • alleolala
    alleolala Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

You know, looking at it all written out like that - it makes a lot of common sense. How is it that some of these ridiculous things seem sensible at the time?! Especially the 'unlimited healthy food' one... I've definitely fallen afoul of that in the past!
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    That there are "good" and "bad" foods and that if you eat the bad, you instantly plump up and gain 20 lbs after eating that 1 cookie! It's funny now that I look back on it, while right now I eat whatever I want and lose it
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Thanks @mamapeach910, @orphia, @rabbitjb, and @ILiftHeavyAcrylics!

You guys deserve a lot of the credit for trying to bring sanity to the disinformation out there. I'm in y'all's debt.

:blush:

• FullofTrixie
    FullofTrixie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There needs to be a like button
    This is great
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Just looking at the recent forum threads, I would probably add "My endomorph body type/ Ayurvedic type/ blood group/ star sign/ whatever determines what I should do to lose weight." That family of myths seems to be perennial. :/

Thankfully, I never bought into that group of myths. I think I read the blood type diet at one time and I just couldn't grok it. A bunch of the others were just truthy enough for me to believe in when I had a trainer telling me how it all worked for him or reading some doctor's book.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Bump, since this is good info.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Excellent post and quite simply wrote. Good job. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    errollm wrote: »
    This needs to be stickied/be a pop up add when you download the app/ put in every "health" magazine, blog and pintrest, put under childrens pillows, handed out to people on the street, and dropped from airplanes leafleting major cities!!!!

Excellent post!!!

Awww shucks!

I am late to the party, but I will second the sticky. This pretty much covers most of the derp on the forums.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just looking at the recent forum threads, I would probably add "My endomorph body type/ Ayurvedic type/ blood group/ star sign/ whatever determines what I should do to lose weight." That family of myths seems to be perennial. :/

Thankfully, I never bought into that group of myths. I think I read the blood type diet at one time and I just couldn't grok it. A bunch of the others were just truthy enough for me to believe in when I had a trainer telling me how it all worked for him or reading some doctor's book.

Ok now I doubly heart you for the Stranger in a Strange Land reference. You're good people, OP.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    200.gif
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    There needs to be a like button
    This is great

Like!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    good post, would have added " clean " in there somewhere though
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love this!!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    This is definitely sticky-worthy!

05-BILL-MURRAY-CLAPPING.gif
  • PatriciaGentileschi
    PatriciaGentileschi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for directing me to this post!It makes sense! I will stick that in my mobile to have on me...to remind myself why am I am doing this and doing it RIGHT!