Things I had to unlearn about losing weight

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Well done, sir! <3

Add in something about cleanses being bogus and you've got the holy grail. :)

But THE TOXINS....how am I supposed to get rid of the evil toxins that are making me fat???? ;)

The only two cleanses that are proven to be beneficial are The Peeps Master Cleanse™ and The Haribo Sugarfree Gummy Bear Cleanse™ because delicious.

B)

Are those gummy bears the ones with the hysterical reviews on Amazon? I think I'll have to search there later "just for giggles" as my kids would say. lol

(thankfully I don't like gummy bears so I'm safe...)

Yes. One and the same. :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2015
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Well done, sir! <3

But THE TOXINS....how am I supposed to get rid of the evil toxins that are making me fat???? ;)

The only two cleanses that are proven to be beneficial are The Peeps Master Cleanse™ and The Haribo Sugarfree Gummy Bear Cleanse™ because delicious.

B)

Are those gummy bears the ones with the hysterical reviews on Amazon? I think I'll have to search there later "just for giggles" as my kids would say. lol

Could there be a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup cleanse? I'd pay cash money for that.

Invent it! You could be rich and famous. :)

Oh, and here's the link to the Haribo reviews on Amazon. Viewer discretion is advised.

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Classic-Gummi-Bears/dp/B006J1FBLM

Scroll down to the reviews. ;)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Well done, sir! <3

B)

Could there be a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup cleanse? I'd pay cash money for that.

Invent it! You could be rich and famous. :)

Oh, and here's the link to the Haribo reviews on Amazon. Viewer discretion is advised.

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Classic-Gummi-Bears/dp/B006J1FBLM

Scroll down to the reviews. ;)

uvwcnbn0zldt.jpg
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Thanks for posting this so I don't feel like a complete loser when I have a treat every so often.. ! I have forgotten that I am human and can enjoy foods, too!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Right on!

ice-cream-sandwich-cake-recipe.gif
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Your post exemplifies everything I love about weight loss via calorie counting.

8nmclojhceaw.gif
    giphy.gif 1014.6K
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Nice post - My "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper" experiment made me sad, lol. Glad to see someone had success without all the calorie "arrangements"...
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Right on!

That's just wrong! Now I want one!
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Right on!

Dear God! Quit quoting that picture and allowing it repost!!! I want that!

DOH!....

• cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Fantastic post - bump da bump.

Also recognition to the hysterical giffs and link to Amazon review - stomach muscles are now sore from all the lols!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Love this. Biggest thing that help me lose weight was clearing up the, "don't eat after x time," myth. Once I found out that wasn't true, the weight seemed to fall off. I wish I would have known this earlier.
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Agree, agree, agree.
    When we start turning diet into a religion of guidelines - you know there's a massive problem there.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    These are some of the things that were either bad information peddled by diet plan sellers (Atkins, South Beach, Tim Ferris, etc) or broscience that I had to unlearn to actually lose weight successfully. Unlearning these things has helped me approach eating and losing weight from a far better direction mentally.
    • Cut out all bad foods, eat only healthy things. (No, I can have a balanced diet that allows room for some treats)
    • Cut out carbs or fat or sugar. (No, carbs are good, and healthy fats are necessary. An appropriate level of all of them can be had if I work them into my calorie budget)
    • Don't eat anything after X o'clock, it'll go straight to fat. (No, eating so that I end up in a surplus made me fat)
    • Starvation mode will make me store fat. (No, but undereating too much will cause other problems)
    • Certain types of foods must be eaten in the morning or afternoon. (No, our bodies evolved to make the most of the food we eat when we get it)
    • You must eat 6x a day to boost metabolism. (No, eating frequency does not significantly change metabolism)
    • You must take certain powders or pills to boost metabolism [usually part of a diet plan]. (No, supplements are not effective to change metabolic rates)
    • You can eat unlimited amounts of certain healthy foods. (No, eating too much of anything will put on weight, but very calorie dense foods are much easier to overeat)
    • You must eat certain combinations of foods in certain orders to optimize thermogenic effects. (No, any such effects are too small to make enough of a difference)
    • You have to work out X minutes a day, or do certain routines to lose weight. (No, you don't have to exercise to lose weight, but it can help you get to a deficit and has other benefits)

Good list. :)

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Great post, bumping for others to see.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Bump

And for those of you suggesting sticky status, here is the link for where threads can be nominated.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177916/nominate-posts-for-announcement-status-stickies#latest
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Thanks, like and sticky.
  • l8knut
    l8knut Posts: 18 Member
    BUMP