Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    One lobster tail has 180 calories. B)
    Yum!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell can be surprisingly reasonable. But lately my favorite "diet" food is cheeseburger made with 93% lean beef (grass fed, antibiotic free, etc.) and herbed goat cheese on sandwich thin buns. 360 cals, 28 grams protein.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    McChicken sandwiches. I posted a theory on it on my news feed today and it was very well received.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I plan on making a lunch of quinoa, steamed kale, kalamata olives, black beans, and chicken--- around 300 calories or so calories, and very huge and filling. Mmmmmm
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell can be surprisingly reasonable. But lately my favorite "diet" food is cheeseburger made with 93% lean beef (grass fed, antibiotic free, etc.) and herbed goat cheese on sandwich thin buns. 360 cals, 28 grams protein.

Now I gotta go look up calories for In 'N Out burgers.
  • whmscll
    Options
    Sigh. As I suspected In 'N Out is high calorie. 480 for a cheeseburger with grilled onions and another 395 for fries. Guess this will continue to be a few times a year treat only.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight was a big plate of sauteed sausage with garlic, onions, and red cabbage. Very filling and only 338 calories.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • heathsab
    heathsab Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    whmscll - I actually had the opposite reaction. My happiest "diet food" realization was when I realized I could get a hamburger (with the sauce!) and a diet coke for only 390 cals!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Snickers ice cream bar - 179 calories
    Mars icecream bar - 140 calories
    Solero 85 calories
    Fab ice lolly - 90 calories
    Quavers from a multipack - 85 calories

White thick sliced farmhouse bread - 105 calories

Sourdough anchovy and mushroom pizza - under 800 calories

On the flip side I'm surprised how many calories salmon and fresh tuna have comparative to expectations
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Bacon!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Youngs crab sticks, only 16 calories. I thought around 50 each!

It was nice to read about the Mars icecream bars, might treat my husband to one today.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Bacon!

true dat - 110 calories for 2 rashers

nuffink
  • whmscll
    Options
    heathsab wrote: »
    whmscll - I actually had the opposite reaction. My happiest "diet food" realization was when I realized I could get a hamburger (with the sauce!) and a diet coke for only 390 cals!

It's certainly do-able!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    -How low in calories chili is (while so high in protein and fiber--my chili has beans)
    -How low most fish is--try fish tacos, OP!
    -an ounce of cheese cut into strips and wrapped in 2 ounces of deli meat is a low-cal and filling snack
    -mashed potatoes cooked with canned tomatoes and kale is a low-calorie and filling, if low-protein, meal
    -cut-up vegetables dipped in hot sauce. I can get through a whole bunch of celery like this.
  • teresa_garcia29
    teresa_garcia29 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Finding out something I always ate before I started this journey is not high in calories...umm...gets me angry....so why the hell do I have so much trouble losing weight or gaining it in the first place for that matter....I know...its all about portion control....arggghhh!!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Wine.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Bacon!

Yes! I love bacon! The brand that I buy is only 60 calories in two pan-fried slices. I'm a happy girl with my giant plate of bacon, egg whites and veggies in the morning :smile:

And yes, a couple of years ago I was amazed to find out that a lot of good foods were not as high in calories as I suspected. On the flip side, I was also amazed that some of the foods I thought were healthy weren't, and had huge calories. Over the years I've found that I can select good foods that are nutritionally dense but fairly low in calories. I've found a lot of really great substitutions as well. It's a learning process that's for sure! I remember being thrilled when I discovered that Laughing Cow cheese only had 35 calories in one yummy wedge!
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options

That sounds amazing. In the last couple of years I have gone from hating goats cheese to totally loving it.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Fast food in general. There are definitely some calorie bombs but I was surprised to realize how many reasonable items I can fit into my day. I used to avoid fast food like the plague. Often it's a lighter choice than a restaurant meal.

Potatoes! Because of everything you hear about potatoes/pasta/bread making you fat I expected potatoes to be very high calorie. I was pleasantly surprised by the portion size i can have for under 100 calories

All types of squash.