Females attempting to gain weight

Options

Replies

• katelynnbarkley18
    katelynnbarkley18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me. I'm also trying to gain and need support along the way :)
    jhepstall wrote: »
    I'm currently starting a new journey in life to gain weight. To most, that sounds ridiculous. But for me, it truly is a struggle. So, with that being said, I'm looking for a great support group. Any ladies interested?

I feel you too girlfriend.. Gaining weight has been a struggle for me too.. Well keep each other spirits up on this group chat.. Add me too!
  • tuma_fm
    tuma_fm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in too.23 year old 5.2 and weighing only 99lb. Need all the tips. I am ready for the gains!!
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    been there, still there to a degree!!! I maintained around 90-95lbs for many years, now finally up around 116 and keeping it up! still looking to put on some leaaaaaaan muscle!!!
  • russkiballerina
    russkiballerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Do you accept those of us recovering from ED? If so, can I join? :)
  • Twonk2015
    Twonk2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I'm personally happy to help you on your journey...

• Mookie252015
    Mookie252015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    been there, still there to a degree!!! I maintained around 90-95lbs for many years, now finally up around 116 and keeping it up! still looking to put on some leaaaaaaan muscle!!!

how long did it take you to get to 116?
  • ShelbyArdeno
    ShelbyArdeno Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Weighed 113 before I got pregnant with my daughter. Dropped down to 99lbs afterwards, got pregnant again and dropped back down to 99lbs afterwards. Trying to get to at least 110!
  • twentyone66
    twentyone66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was there myself, and I managed to gain 20 pounds! Love to help those in need!
  • jhepstall
    jhepstall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was there myself, and I managed to gain 20 pounds! Love to help those in need!

Girl give up the secret! Lol
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    it's not exclusively for women but check out the Eat, Train, Progress group

it's very active with a ton of members and some very knowledgeable group owners
  • arlettasloan5
    arlettasloan5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello. I don't need to gain weight, myself, by any means; but, I did just read something in a magazine that might potentially be helpful to you.

First of all, let me say that I have thyroid problems, but, when I was tested, I was told that it is not diseased; more like there is something that is just affecting it and he didn't know what. During my talk with the endocrinologist, we examined my history of weight gain and also a few bizarre times of extreme weight loss. He said, by the way it sounds to him, those times were also my thyroid malfunctioning. He told me that even in cases where the thyroid is diseased, it's not necessarily all just gaining weight or all just losing weight, and, the same factors can cause a different issue for different people. And, it's because of that talk that I am telling you this, just in case it is helpful to you.

In the magazine article I read, it said that you can have a test that says your thyroid is perfectly fine and you can have a test that says you have plenty of iron in your blood, but, you may still have a situation where your thyroid is malfunctioning because it is not receiving the iron it needs from the cells. In which case, it cannot produce all the hormones it needs to make.

It is my understanding that this can also lead to an overactive thyroid instead of an underactive one. It is also my understanding that, even if the thyroid is not being directly affected, considering how often women are anemic, this is probably an important step to take, anyway.

Basically, to have the proper hormones to build muscle and regulate your body, you have to have enough iron and it has to be accessible. For some women, the problem may be more the amount of iron they are taking in and for others it may be more about their body's inflammation response preventing the thyroid from accessing the iron that is there.

Either way, pairing iron rich foods with Vitamin C sources might be a big help, since the Vitamin C both helps quell inflammation and helps absorb much more iron from the food. So, eating bean burritos with salsa, having nuts and strawberries together, eating hummus and bell peppers, having an orange with a spinach salad, and, such as that would do the trick.

I don't know, for sure, that this will help you gain weight. But, since you are going to be eating, anyway, you might want to give it a try, for a week or two, and, see if it helps any.

I wish you all the best of luck!
  • HAS415
    HAS415 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Twonk2015 wrote: »

I'm personally happy to help you on your journey...

same here. Recovering from an eating disorder. I have a serious problem eating during the day. Such a struggle (
  • perigo22
    perigo22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm interested! Always been scrawny...would love to pack on about 10 lbs. 5'8 and 122 and moderately active (running, biking, mostly) so it's been a challenge.
  • CeairraJohnson
    CeairraJohnson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeee lets do this!! What are some good exercises to gain?

• sharhealth
    sharhealth Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've just currently been 'put' into an ED program...oh yes, I'll be gaining weight - I've only been here one week and have gained one+ pounds and am now eating more than twice the amount I usually do...oh my it's hard. Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • sarahopelor
    sarahopelor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There's so many comments! Mine will probably be lossed. Ice always been the skinny stick girl, I feel silly saying that I'm trying to gain weight. Then I remember that I'm trying to gain muscle, so it makes me happy :) add me I'm new to this app and love it already
  • sarahopelor
    sarahopelor Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    There's so many comments! Mine will probably be lost. I've always been the skinny stick girl, I feel silly saying that I'm trying to gain weight. Then I remember that I'm trying to gain muscle, so it makes me happy :) add me I'm new to this app and love it already
  • Georgina2194
    Georgina2194 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me!! Im over 6st...not sure what that is in pounds or whatever!? Im new to this but im determined to look better.does anyone know any good protein supplements for this sort of weight gain? I don't want to be a body builder btw :smile:
  • KristinParris
    KristinParris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to have found a forum with women who want to gain! I'm 5'5" and have weighed 105-107 my whole life. I've been using this ap for 25 days now and have gained 7lbs! I now weigh 112 but looking to get to about 120. I seem to have hit a plateau! Anyone, please add me so we can support each other.
  • KristinParris
    KristinParris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    jhepstall wrote: »
    Alright then ladies... Let's make this happen? Lets get these gains!!

Yes! Lets do it! Add me!