Must stop eating chocolate!

Options
Chocolate is my let down every time, food I can handle, am mostly eating salads and slim shake....but I can't stop snacking at work on chocolate and biscuits etc. genuinely has anone managed to get over this hurdle and can give me advice other than will power which I lack!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I actually started eating more chocolate, on a daily basis at least, once I started losing weight. So maybe I'm no help. I prefer chips but find sweets are easier to fit into my goals. I either plan for a square or two of dark chocolate, or plan for half or a whole bar.
  • Marcia180880
    Marcia180880 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea I never thought of using it as a reward? I guess a little bit is harmless????
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to stop eating chocolate. Make it fit into your day! It can work!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Hmm...I actually started eating more chocolate, on a daily basis at least, once I started losing weight. So maybe I'm no help. I prefer chips but find sweets are easier to fit into my goals. I either plan for a square or two of dark chocolate, or plan for half or a whole bar.

Yeah, I stopped looking at it as "bad" and started actually enjoying it instead of shoveling it in--maybe the reason you can't control your consumption is that you're sticking to slim shakes and salads? Maybe tweak your meals and have more fat and fiber in the day so you can pass it up when people offer it? Just adding protein, cheese and beans to round out your salad might help.
  • arditarose
    Options
    That's a good idea I never thought of using it as a reward? I guess a little bit is harmless????

I actually wasn't saying I use it as a reward...I just eat it. Because.
  • Marcia180880
    Options
    Yep I'm definitely not full, its the afternoon at work is the worst time for me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of sweets, but if I want something I just fit it into my day.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I find the best thing for me is to keep some calories aside every day for chocolate (or ice cream, cake, whatever I'm craving). If I tell myself I can't have any, I feel deprived and it's impossible to resist goodies I come across. On the other hand, if I know I have a treat waiting for me later, it's easy to resist and just have my measured portion later.
  • arditarose
    Options
    What chocolate are you eating? It can help if you switch to a higher end dark chocolate. It costs more, so I find I save it a little longer. Plus it tastes better and you might be satisfied with a little less.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm definitely not full, its the afternoon at work is the worst time for me.

My usual salad: big bed of lettuce, tomatoes/carrots/whatever other fresh veggies I have, 100+ g of chicken, 50+ g of kidney beans, and an ounce of mozzarella. Keeps me for about 5 hours (probably could be longer but I am "trained" to eat at 7 pm)
  • Marcia180880
    Options
    Milk chocolate usually, or anything I can get my hands on and in large amounts!!! I'll give dark choc ago, hopefully it might put me off chocolate all together if I dont like it
  • Marcia180880
    Options

My usual salad: big bed of lettuce, tomatoes/carrots/whatever other fresh veggies I have, 100+ g of chicken, 50+ g of kidney beans, and an ounce of mozzarella. Keeps me for about 5 hours (probably could be longer but I am "trained" to eat at 7 pm)

Thanks so much I need to get some beans!!!!!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Milk chocolate usually, or anything I can get my hands on and in large amounts!!! I'll give dark choc ago, hopefully it might put me off chocolate all together if I dont like it

Meh.
    Try Lindt, Vosges, Chuao. Just to name a few. Some other chocolate lovers can suggest more. 80% and up is great.
  • JessBarnett88
    JessBarnett88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i've found a few diet chocolate recipes for the no bake cookies and muffins on pinterest! and weight watchers fudge bars are sooo good lol. try those !
  • jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is my let down every time, food I can handle, am mostly eating salads and slim shake....but I can't stop snacking at work on chocolate and biscuits etc. genuinely has anone managed to get over this hurdle and can give me advice other than will power which I lack!

Have you tried the 90+% chocolate, a little goes a long way
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Lily's and Coco Pollo make dark chocolate sweetened with stevia. Less calories, all of the dark chocolatey goodness! :smiley:
  • arditarose
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Lily's and Coco Pollo make dark chocolate sweetened with stevia. Less calories, all of the dark chocolatey goodness! :smiley:

They aren't really less calories though.
  • Marcia180880
    Options
    Lots of fab ideas girls, thanks so much!!
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Using it as a reward is a slippery slope, especially if you're still in the "starting out" phase and the rest of your meals aren't satisfying (I've never tried a slim shake, but I don't think I would feel that it was a proper meal).

Adding in a piece of dark chocolate in your daily calorie count is a good idea - if you're able to just have that one piece and be satisfied and happy and not go back for seconds, and thirds... until the whole bar is gone. So, if you can have chocolate at home without eating it, working it into your diet is a great idea, but if you can't, then work on that first.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I also just add unsweetened cocoa powder to like...everything. I just ate it on my berries.