Goal weight? How big of a deficit? Plateue?

Options
2»

Replies

• ANT98
    ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ysullivan7 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how accurate it is but I read that in order to lose weight you should intake the calories of your goal weight. Example: I want to be 130 lbs I need to consume 1,300 calories. So if you do cardio and let's say burn 200 calories you could eat 1,500 that day. I've been doing this for two weeks and lost 2 lbs.

Well I was talking to an online coach asking for some advice and he said that 1600 wasn't enough for me and not to go less. so I should up it to 1700-1800. I'm stuck between going up or down further in calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Whenever I log a food i search until I find the grams option.
    Veggies and fruit seems to be the most difficult to find. For some reason the majority of entries are in "cups" :disappointed:
  • ANT98
    ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Veggies and fruit seems to be the most difficult to find. For some reason the majority of entries are in "cups" :disappointed:

Yeah I agree! Fruits are the absolute hardest because they always are different
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

yes and ounces too lol
    but i have a converter I weigh everything in grams
    When my entree is good ( i checked the usda site always for new entrees) i use it and calculate how much it is in grams
    And like my grapes today the right entree is 1 cup 138 gram
    There is no 1 gram option so i calculate than i had 0.9 cup lol ( it wasnt 138 gram it were the last ones hehehe)

But i make mostly my own entrees when i cant find the right option.

• ysullivan7
    ysullivan7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    alexxazt wrote: »
    ysullivan7 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how accurate it is but I read that in order to lose weight you should intake the calories of your goal weight. Example: I want to be 130 lbs I need to consume 1,300 calories. So if you do cardio and let's say burn 200 calories you could eat 1,500 that day. I've been doing this for two weeks and lost 2 lbs.

Well I was talking to an online coach asking for some advice and he said that 1600 wasn't enough for me and not to go less. so I should up it to 1700-1800. I'm stuck between going up or down further in calories.

Yeah my trainer at my regular gym said it was too little calories but my trainer at the gym at work said it was just perfect. There are so many contradicting stuff out there and in the end you have to do what works for you.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It depends how hard or soft you cram your ingredients into the cup!
    My cup measurement could be completely different to the next persons..
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    the best thing is to try it out folks...trainers dont know your body at all. Start at 1700 or 1800 Do this for 2 or 3 weeks
    no loss ...lower it a 100 and see again in 3 weeks.

This works perfect when you weigh ALL your food!

My calorie intake goes up with 100 till i reach maintenance level... ( i still have 20 to lose) but eating now around 1300 and next week i go to 1400....When i only have 10 to lose i go up to 1500. Almost maintenance for me. When i dont lose than my logging isnt right or i eat to much

And this you can do the other way around too. Start with 2000 and take off 100 or 250 etc etc.
    But give it some weeks. Than be stable at one point When stalled again ( which means you dont have a deficit anymore) and you are sure you weigh everything right...take 100 off and wait some weeks and see what happens etc etc

It is really not hard :)