Need a workout

I am having a hard time finding a workout I like! I love running but can only do that certain days due to having two small children. So, I have been looking on YouTube for different workout videos, but haven't found any that I actually like. Any advice?

Replies

• jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    edited June 2015
    hi, what type of workout are you after? just cardio? or some resistance in there too? what are your goals?
  • eimommy
    eimommy Posts: 5 Member
    I have been doing mostly cardio. I only have a weight loss goal as of now.
  • KellyAnnMeegan
    KellyAnnMeegan Posts: 5 Member
    Where do you live? if you are in Texas, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana or North Carolina come out and try camp gladiator 60 minutes of working out with life minded people of all fitness levels.
  • KellyAnnMeegan
    KellyAnnMeegan Posts: 5 Member
    IF you want to workout with others and not in a gym you could always try metope.com and try different groups from there
  • eimommy
    eimommy Posts: 5 Member
    I live in Ohio. :(
    My main thing is it has to be able to be done in my home, because I have children.
  • carolineee321
    carolineee321 Posts: 4 Member
    try Christine Salus, her HIIT workouts are great! Also PopPilates is great for ab exercises
  • Tmdesir
    Tmdesir Posts: 68 Member
    At home I like to do kettle bells, I bought a Jillian Micahels DVD but there's a bunch on youtube as well. It's cardio with some weights as well.
  • jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    ok, well you want to incorporate some resistance training in there, it's more effective than cardio on its own but combined with cardio you will see much better results much quicker.

difficult to put together a proper routine with so little info...if you enjoy interval training, check out the body coach on youtube, he's got some great workouts that really get you going!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i like the Rodney yee and Bob Harper videos.
    many videos are available online. some very good ones.
    also take the kids for a walk. maybe make a scavenger hunt?
  • cam52404
    cam52404 Posts: 15 Member
    Look up fitness blender on YouTube. They have hundreds of videos. Focus on one body part a day and add in some cardio
  • KetoMamaLife
    KetoMamaLife Posts: 27 Member
    I love the 30 day shred and 6 week 6 pack workouts!
  • kierenedwardske438
    kierenedwardske438 Posts: 4 Member
    eimommy wrote: »
    I am having a hard time finding a workout I like! I love running but can only do that certain days due to having two small children. So, I have been looking on YouTube for different workout videos, but haven't found any that I actually like. Any advice?

Hi u should look into some kind of boxing i do it and its great good variety of cardio and strength
  • clschuma
    clschuma Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    My favorite at home workouts are anything from Beachbody (Insanity, PiYo, P90X, etc); I love them so much I decided to become a coach and I know a lot of other people who love them. They have a wide variety of different programs for people of different fitness levels and different workout preferences. They are having a sale right now if you'd like to check it out but the last day is tomorrow: http://www.teambeachbody.com/en_US/Shop/summer-sale?referringRepId=courtneyschu92

If you're looking for something that's not going to cost you any money though, I see a few other people have also mentioned some Jillian Michael's workouts. I'm a big fan of anything from her as well and several of her workouts can also be found on Youtube (30 Day Shred Levels 1&2 and No More Trouble Zones are on there for sure, and I think I also saw Burn Fat Boost Metabolism at one Point). I'm also a runner and I like her workouts because they make me sweat, but also involve resistance training so you'll tone up your muscles too. :)
  • Arduinna4
    Arduinna4 Posts: 129 Member
    I like this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvYj-hEcAuE
    It's quite challenging (at least for me), its only 35 minutes and you only need some dumbells. She has more videos on her channel too.
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    I second FitnessBlender. They have all kinds of cardio and resistance training videos. You can either put together your own routine for free or, if you want/need some more guidance, you can purchase a plan for I think between 5 and 10 US$.