Is my breakfast gross? What weird breakfasts have you made?

Options
2»

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I would not make that for myself and I don't think it's gross. Glad you enjoyed it though.
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own tastes, so it'll be gross to some people, delicious to other people.
    Regarding nutrition though. Depends on what you were/are looking for. For me personally, it could do with more protein, but that's just cause i have a high daily protein intake.
    But overall, it as a little of everything, carbs (not sure if complex or simple, too lazy to look it up), protein, healthy fats, lots of fiber. IF you enjoyed it, then good for you, have it more often :)
    Also its very low calorie / a super small breakfast.

Today, first time ever. I attempted protein pancakes. Although they kinda turned out as a big omelet. But they were tasty. And while an odd concoction of ingredients, they were full of lots of fiber, protein, healthy fats. And there were some sugary carbs in there, but very few. But it was a big meal too. Calorie wise. Almost 600. But hoping that due to the nutrient profile (fiber/fat/protein), that it should keep me satisfied for hours and hours. If so, then I think it would be a relatively successful filling breakfast :)
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Mine is generally a green smoothie or carb/protein drink.
    Lately it's been,
    2 cups spinach
    1.5 scoops strawberry ON whey protein
    1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
    1 cup blueberries or 1 banana
    1 scoop daily flax seed cleanse
    1-2 tbsp hemp hearts or natural PB
    Sometimes a square of 90% cocoa for added anti oxidants. Make sure to blend very well.
    Great tasting smoothie in the morning especially with the strawberry, banana, and PB flavours
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I eat leftovers from dinner if there is any and typically prefer a whole meal over traditionally breakfast type foods.
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    A past breakfast was once.. Leftover hamburger, cheddar cheese, wheat bun, fried egg, hot sauce, ranch dressing, sauerkraut. All on one burger. Very bad nutritionally, but tasted amazing.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a peanut butter and bacon sandwich. It was delish, but everyone else found it weird.

PB and bacon is magical.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I just had a pan fried polenta square with 1/4. c of ricotta cheese on top. I thought it was going to be weird, but turns out it was really good.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I just made and ate this breakfast, it consisted of 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1 tbsp oats, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp ground flax, 1/2 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and a splash of unsweetened almond milk, topped with some strawberries and rock sea salt. It was basically an (almost) paleo, salted chocolate strawberry oatmeal mash? It wasn't pretty but it was tasty! I could see how some people might need a sweetener though..

Nutrition-wise, is this actually a good breakfast? Feel free to view my diary to see it more in detail.

Otherwise, would you eat this? :P And what would you call it?

Any other weird breakfasts that you guys have made? :)

~ Meg.

It sounds like a mixture you could bake to make a chocolate oaty cookie. Without the strawberries....
  • JuliannaEP
    JuliannaEP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Girl, I eat whatever for breakfast, and if you ask my family, in weird combinations sometimes! Rock on with your strange breakfast self as long as YOU liked it! :wink: My hubs thought it was weird when I baked eggs in a spicy tomato sauce and topped it with some parmesan cheese.... until he tried it. Then he heard it was a thing (I hadn't even heard of it, just followed a weird craving to it's delicious ends) called Eggs in Purgatory. <-Look it up, it's freaking amazeballs extreme!
  • dhuntster
    dhuntster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast may be weird to some, but it is fried egg, bacon and avocado on wheat toast with olive oil mayo spread lightly on the toast.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    JuliannaEP wrote: »
    Girl, I eat whatever for breakfast, and if you ask my family, in weird combinations sometimes! Rock on with your strange breakfast self as long as YOU liked it! :wink: My hubs thought it was weird when I baked eggs in a spicy tomato sauce and topped it with some parmesan cheese.... until he tried it. Then he heard it was a thing (I hadn't even heard of it, just followed a weird craving to it's delicious ends) called Eggs in Purgatory. <-Look it up, it's freaking amazeballs extreme!

Sounds like shakshuka..... Yummmm!