What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    LBeth1015 wrote: »
    So maybe not as big of a deal as some....but no more plus sizes for me and 4 lbs from Onederland where I have not been since probably freshman year of high school.

This! I weighed myself yesterday morning and am officially down 25 lbs and am 4.5 lbs from Onderland!! I immediately dug out some skinny clothes that I've had in storage since my last year of college. I now have a giant garbage bag to donate. A lot of the skinny clothes are too big! I've also noticed that tops that fit me really well then look terrible on me now. Since I've started working out my shape has started to change. Such a great feeling!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just came back from a week long vacation and I have a few NSVs...

I didn't beat myself up for enjoying food while on vacation. I didn't really log but I kept myself on MFP daily.

Stayed on an island an entire week without a car and walked EVERYWHERE. The beach was about a 1.5 mile walk each way, the brewery we toured was 2.5 miles away, and one of the lighthouses was about a mile away. I wore my FitBit everywhere, the least amount of walking I did was 11,000 steps and the most was just shy of 20,000!

I brought workout clothes with me and ran twice before breakfast. This is the first time I've ever worked out on vacation.

Wore the heck out of my fatkini and enjoyed running around on the beach.

The scale says I'm up 3 lbs but I'm counting that out as water retention from the 25 hour trip back home...I'm not letting that discourage me.

Before vacation started I went through most of my closet to pull outfits and ended up with another bag of clothes to give away that are too big now. A lot of my graphic t's have gone from daily wear to baggy gym wear.

Got a ladies hoodie on vacation in a Large. It's pretty fitted right now but this time last year I know it would have been a men's fitted large. Pretty exciting stuff lol.

Oh and last one...I noticed my steps were only at around 6K on Saturday and I was on a layover waiting in NYC. I decided to just run in place waiting in line for the next bus. Was going to stop at 8K but this guy came over and started talking about how motivating I was and how inspired he was at my dedication. Ended up chit chatting with him and didn't even realize I had hit 10K. :)
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just home from my first shift at a new job, since my maternity leave...I had to order a size Small uniform...I've never been classed as a small...eeeek :) *jumping around with happiness *
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Not sure if i will be on again tonight, but after the walk I am about to take, i will have set a record of 11.5 miles in 1 day.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I have more energy than I did a few months ago.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    My recent NSV from Sunday. Copied from the June 2015 Running Challenge
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Peace River Heritage Run ( Harlan Hunt Memorial ) Half marathon, 10 km, 5 km, 5x2 km Team Relay and 5 km walk.

According to the Organizers there were 170 registered runners, ~75 in the 10 km run.
    Before I got to the turn I started meeting the faster runners wearing the 10 km bibs so I started counting and my placement number was 26 when I got to the turn. I got passed by one long lean guy at about km 8 who kicked away from his wife ( he said he could see me for 3 km's before he caught me ).
    My first Official Timed Race 10 km in 1:00:25 a PB for me as my normal 10 km time is 11 minutes slower.

So I guess I was 27 out of 75 :) for the 10 km race and not sure of my age group placement yet, as they have not been posted. Limited number of volunteers so not expecting anything for a few days.
    Placement doesn't really matter, as I read in one other post the persons goal was to
    1. Finish
    2. Finish Standing up
    3. Not get carried off in an Ambulance
    Next run hopefully will be the Emperor's Challenge if our team made registration.

The bad news is just found out we didn't make registration for the Emperor's Challenge, that's what happens when an event gets a good reputation and has amazing terrain/scenery. The 1000 20km race slots filled in ~ 20 hours according to the website.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My recent NSV from Sunday. Copied from the June 2015 Running Challenge
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Peace River Heritage Run ( Harlan Hunt Memorial ) Half marathon, 10 km, 5 km, 5x2 km Team Relay and 5 km walk.

According to the Organizers there were 170 registered runners, ~75 in the 10 km run.
    Before I got to the turn I started meeting the faster runners wearing the 10 km bibs so I started counting and my placement number was 26 when I got to the turn. I got passed by one long lean guy at about km 8 who kicked away from his wife ( he said he could see me for 3 km's before he caught me ).
    My first Official Timed Race 10 km in 1:00:25 a PB for me as my normal 10 km time is 11 minutes slower.

So I guess I was 27 out of 75 :) for the 10 km race and not sure of my age group placement yet, as they have not been posted. Limited number of volunteers so not expecting anything for a few days.
    Placement doesn't really matter, as I read in one other post the persons goal was to
    1. Finish
    2. Finish Standing up
    3. Not get carried off in an Ambulance
    Next run hopefully will be the Emperor's Challenge if our team made registration.

The bad news is just found out we didn't make registration for the Emperor's Challenge, that's what happens when an event gets a good reputation and has amazing terrain/scenery. The 1000 20km race slots filled in ~ 20 hours according to the website.
    The good news is the bugs I ate didn't put me over my protein allotment for the day.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I had the best day! One of those where everything goes right!

Went to the doctor and had the first normal blood pressure reading in the office in years.

Tried on some size 10 jeans and just zipped them right up! I had a bit of muffin top so they are a little bit snug but not lay on the bed and zip up with pliers tight.

I easily completed this workout that before, when I first started doing it, would make me nearly keel over.

I'm seeing a bit of shoulder definition.

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    happygalah wrote: »
    I had the best day! One of those where everything goes right!...

I'm seeing a bit of shoulder definition.

I like the other stuff, but this ws cool when I saw that.

My NSV is going on over a few days. I lost my purse on Saturday and in the proecess os replacing everything! (keys, credit cards, license, phone, Swiss Army knife, metrocard, gym id (regular & staff), HRM...), I haven't been compensating for the frustration by burying my head in comfort food.
  • BritBoogaloo
    BritBoogaloo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    7 weeks in and I think I need to buy a new work skirt! What do you think? :smiley:tj7is9ex3plk.jpg
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has stalled a big lately as I've had a really busy couple of weeks with social events, but I've not gained!

I've also started getting comments about my weight loss - gone from just over 200lb to 181lb and quite a bit left to go!

But my favourite NSV of late is that I measured myself this week for the first time in a while and since the start of the year I'm down 4 inches on my waist, 4 inches on my hips, 2 inches on my right thigh, 2.5 on my left thigh and 1 inch on each arm! So chuffed with that!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I had a big surprise this last Friday and I can't keep from thinking about it. I've done my first plank.
    Plank1.png
    Without shaking, without collapsing my belly on to the mat.

This has got to be an advantage of doing the same routine over time. I attend a yoga class on Fridays, and every once in a while, bang, I can do something new. What happened in between? Slow and gradual strengthening I guess. Stronger core. Stronger quads. A little more upper body strength.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I ran a 10km! Just like that. I was putting it off for soooo long and was planning to do it on thursday, but decided to run it before because nothing was really stopping me! I am really proud of myself and my determination :-)

All of you are doing amazing and you motivate me a lot!
  • smuller73
    smuller73 Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Picked up a a top on Saturday in a size M instead of an L or XL or XXL. Was convinced it would be too small but it fit perfectly and made me feel like a supermodel. Also got a few compliments when I wore it out on Saturday night.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    fearnsey71 wrote: »
    My NSV is today I was feeling un-motivated to do any exercise or weights. Getting annoyed with myself in work, wanting to hit Maccies on the way home. Got home, helped my little one with her homework and thought "Sod this" where's my to-do list. Worked my way through the to-do list, had a big steak and slimming world chips for tea (and stayed within my calorie limit). Now, the NSV bit - went for my 3 mile walk and for the first time not only did I complete a sub 16minute mile, I nailed all three at around 15:30. When I got home I was blowing for tugs and sweating like a pig but god it felt good. I've been doing these walks for around 5 weeks and was staying at around 16:30 per mile, but something may have just clicked.

sorry for going on, but I am so glad I did it and largely it's thanks to everyone on these boards giving me the inspiration and motivation to keep going and not allow myself to get out of what are becoming very good habits.

Sometimes those workouts you didn't think you wanted to do turn out to be the best ones! Congrats on great progress, and getting out there.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    My company is doing a corporate fun run (raising money for a kids hospital, good stuff). The organizer asked my very fit co worker to join and he said "hey, you should ask Crazy too"! So I'll be doing another 5K in July!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've had a few in the last week or so (only started four weeks ago)... After four weeks of CrossFit and MFP, I have:

-Had to tighten my HRM strap by a lot
    -Seen dimples on my face
    -Fit into pants comfortably that I couldn't even button before
    -Feel good!

These are important NSVs for me because the scale hasn't really moved much at all. Which can be so frustrating!
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I ran a mile for the first time EVER the day before yesterday =) soooo excited, gonna do it again tonight
  • Linnea1972
    Linnea1972 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This is just a one months differance... deaf a NSV as it was only a 7 pound loss in the month. I've lost 50lbs so far..
    just amped up the work outs... at the bottom is beginning of my journey

zbt3i1a574e0.jpg

ywj1up0lutzj.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!