CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Saw myself in the mirror.....liked it

Because this. :)
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Last night I took a rest day. Trust me, that's a NSV. Sometimes I push myself too hard and get off track when my body rebels and needs a rest week, not just a day.

I sooooo get this! My trainer and I were talking about an upcoming event in April we are both training for, and he was telling me that for 2-3 days before the event it is really important that I rest up and take it easy. I looked him square in the eye and told him, "Really? That's going to be really hard!" He just laughed when I said that, and then agreed with me.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I found an awesome suit at the second hand store that fits me like a glove! I dropped the pants off to be hemmed this morning, but I am going to look absolutely perfect for the interview I am hoping to have in 2 weeks. It's been forever since I felt good in clothes, and I am totally rocking this suit!!!
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My diary showed a red number yesterday for the first time! Why is this a victory? Because in the past I would NOT have logged it (but my body always did!) Feels good to "own up" and realize that on this journey, sometimes you need to go into the red!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 1 stone (14lbs) since starting back on MFP 7 weeks ago and today my trousers started blowing in the wind. Yup! Like a couple of flags on my legs! These are the same trousers which were bursting at the seams. :D
  • TrinNZ
    TrinNZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Having to make a run for the bus and nearly losing my pants! Realising that I can actually pull my current pair of jeans all the way down with ease without unbuttoning them. Time for a size down I think!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Today I have a couple
    Measurements today, I am down 11 1/2 inches since Christmas
    I learned how to front crawl (swim) I can dog paddle, breast stroke, back stroke 30 laps easy. I never learned how to front crawl until last night. It just clicked.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    jknox2009 wrote: »
    Went out to dinner with my other half, stared at the 1350 cal deliciously fried entree that used to be my favorite. Sighed and ordered the 600 cal caesar salad instead - still tasty and a treat, but kept me under my calorie goal for the day.

Both the old size 14 pants in the closet and the new size 14 pants I bought last week fit! Three months ago the 16s were tight!~

^^this^^ :). Same thing happened to me. I was so stoked when I went from my size 18 to 16. Last January I bought a size 16 dress pant for a funeral and they fit perfectly. I finally had to donate them because they were so big. Went to Marshalls and picked up 3 pairs of size 14 and the look great!! Can't wait until I fit into my size 12s again!!

• pettijdj
    pettijdj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I recently celebrated one year of eating breakfast, lunch and dinner sitting at my dining room table. No reading, no TV watching, no distractions while eating. I had been doing one of those while eating for over 40 years, so this is/was a big deal for me. It's helped me so much to eat mindfully. Thank you each for posting these amazing NSVs, as they really inspire me!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    There is not one ounce difference between these 2 photos but this is 6weeks of working out and the scale doesn't need to show me progress.
    010915-2_zps5626d59c.jpg
    0220152_zps9e2347b9.jpg
  • OverlandingRN
    OverlandingRN Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The scale says I haven't lost a pound, but after 6 weeks of interval running and strength training, I've lost 4.25 inches total and was nearly able to button my pre-pregnancy jeans today without any creative material stretching. 6 weeks ago, I couldn't get those jean over my hips.
  • OverlandingRN
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    There is not one ounce difference between these 2 photos but this is 6weeks of working out and the scale doesn't need to show me progress.
    010915-2_zps5626d59c.jpg
    0220152_zps9e2347b9.jpg

Tricia, I beg to differ. I see more bicep/tricep and ab definition-keep it up!
  • Liams_momma14
    Liams_momma14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    can someone tell me what NSV stands for?
    \
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I'm officially in single digit jeans :)

This is one of the best feelings ever!
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 no meat!!! Feels pretty darn good. 14 more days to go :smooched:

Almost 13 years meat free here! Still loving it!
  • OverlandingRN
    Options
    can someone tell me what NSV stands for?
    \

Non-scale victory. :smile:
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Went "shopping" in my basement (where all my skinnier clothes went to languish) and now have 2 pair of jeans and a pair of dress slacks i can fit into again.

I love having pants!
  • jusbowers
    jusbowers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feeling so good at the end of my 5k run this morning that I managed to Sprint the last 100m.
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I tried on a tank top that didn't fit. Now it fits.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    010915-2_zps5626d59c.jpg
    0220152_zps9e2347b9.jpg

Tricia, I beg to differ. I see more bicep/tricep and ab definition-keep it up!

No literally not one ounce. Its a non scale victory. I have not lost a single ounce in weight but even as self critical as I can be I can see there is a difference in my muscle tone and shape. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!