Food Shaming...............

Options
123457»

Replies

• LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Laugh and say "oh don't give it another thought! I know you have Many More things you need to worry about. And I hope it all works out for you." wink then say "if you get my meaning......" put the headphones back on and eat the pizza.
  • LenaGracie
    LenaGracie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When someone says, "Do you know how many calories are in that?" simply respond, "You have no idea how many calories I burn putting up with your BS." :)
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have this problem at work, but I shame myself. When I started there 4 years ago I was only about 5 lbs overweight and everyone in the office was thin.(it's a small office) Now 4 yrs later I'm 35+ lbs heavier and they are all still thin. I am very self conscious when eating around them. Whenever I do have an unhealthy lunch, I feel ashamed and have often eaten in my car so they don't see. There is always tons of sweets in the office too and it's hard to say no when everyone else is gathering for some cake, or ice cream or cookies etc... Still, when I do I feel judged, even though my co-workers are great people and no one has ever "fat" shamed me or said anything hurtful.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If someone came in and told me that when I was eating my damn pizza ... I would say to them, loud and clear, "Thats okay, I burned xxx calories this morning and I will still lose at the end of the week" or maybe "Do you know how many calories I burned at the gym at 6am this morning?"
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I tell them to research how weight loss works and to get out of my face. I then resume the eating of my ice cream.
  • MissPauling
    MissPauling Posts: 33 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I don't get why it isn't enough to friendly explain to them once, and then go into ignore mode and not putting headphones off, continuing to eat and watching the show. Complete ignore, not even looking at them, helped me with annoying office "captain obvious knows best"people several times. They feel like the nuisance they are and stop trying.

I wouldn't encourage them to talk in any way. This is what they want. They know everything better, because you know, they have read stuff in this and that magazine, or seen it in TV, and they are bored and seek for attention. Don't go on their playing field. You will lose there. Even if you win the discussion with proof and good arguments (and they will always find a ..but I read there and there ... ) it will cost you your time, nerves and joy. Forget it. They will have had a great time with that, they don't even care about the subject, and will come back to you until you start ignoring.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, office politics prohibit me from "place putting". Maybe a sign on the door "food amnesty zone". No food left behind.