Food Shaming...............

Options

Replies

• cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Eyes on your own plates! (unless you're on my mfp friends list, lets share meal ideas).

Love this! My canteen in work definitely needs a sign that says that, people are way too pass remarkable in my place.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I always get the "is that on your diet" line from my female coworkers.. They eat candy and cookies all day long.. I explain I'm not on a diet I watch what I eat and work out and I lose weight.. its easy.. I get dirty looks... oh well I'll be skinny and they wont
  • Indigoblu1
    Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    joeboland wrote: »
    Whenever someone has said this to me (particularly on a cheat day), I stare at them defiantly, and, without breaking eye contact, try to jam as large and disgusting a mouthful of the food in question into me as I can possibly muster.

LOL! Jeez, I wish I could do something like that.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just go on the McChicken diet.

Your situation hasn't happened to me (except for judgies looking at my food diary), but it's nice having a cafeteria run by a foodservice company. If someone were to ask me if I knew how many calories were in my pizza, I could say "Yes! Yes, I do know! :D " (smiling like an idiot for dramatic effect)
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    At my work, those of us that watch what we eat just get a lot of nosy rosies telling everyone that "Oh blondewolf and her friends can't eat that because they're on a diet!" So we don't even get invited to the pizza lunches.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I'm just...

whatever.gif

until they walk away.

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Charlie003 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Sorry, but your first "mistake" was interrupting your movie, removing your ear phones and interacting with them. I'd have given them a brief wave or nod of acknowledgement and continued what I was doing. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Eventually they'll get tired of standing there and will move on, right? Hopefully.

People here can be persistent. They want to be sure they are acknowledged. I try, but they keep on calling. At least it is only once a week.

Make a sign with the calories of the pizza you are eating, your calorie burn from cardio, and your net. Prop it next to you. When people butt into your room, keep earphones in, smile, wave, point to sign and keep on eating and watching your movie.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I get food shamed, in a weird way. "I could never eat like you!", "your pizza is basically a salad" ,"your sandwich is basically a salad", "your salad is basically a salad"...etc etc etc. I eat a lot of produce. I am part brontosaurus.

I've been reverse diet shamed too, for eating "healthy" food.

• DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Charlie003 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Sorry, but your first "mistake" was interrupting your movie, removing your ear phones and interacting with them. I'd have given them a brief wave or nod of acknowledgement and continued what I was doing. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Eventually they'll get tired of standing there and will move on, right? Hopefully.

People here can be persistent. They want to be sure they are acknowledged. I try, but they keep on calling. At least it is only once a week.

Make a sign with the calories of the pizza you are eating, your calorie burn from cardio, and your net. Prop it next to you. When people butt into your room, keep earphones in, smile, wave, point to sign and keep on eating and watching your movie.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    I was just "informed" today that protein shakes are unhealthy. This was coming from an MFP friend who eats everything "pure, pure, pure" yet has a closed diary and openly admits to taking glutamine (not sure what it is but it doesn't sound pure to me).

People can have different opinions, but food is food. It fits my macro and calorie goals and it didn't kill me. Win-win!

Glutamine is an amino acid. It's used, ironically enough, in a lot of protein powders for amino spiking.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    You have a private room at work where you watch Netflix?

This. This is what I want to know more about. Do you work for Netflix?

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I get food shamed, in a weird way. "I could never eat like you!", "your pizza is basically a salad" ,"your sandwich is basically a salad", "your salad is basically a salad"...etc etc etc. I eat a lot of produce. I am part brontosaurus.

"Look at you, you're so good"
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

"Look at you, you're so good"

That, yes, and shamed for not having the indulgent stuff. Sometimes, it was because... meh, didn't feel like it, and others it was because there was nothing on the menu I could eat.

The worst was learning about a family discussion where my own mother, sister, aunt, and cousin (who was engaged at the time) were talking about the wedding. I was not asked to be in the wedding party, and they started trash talking me, saying how they'd have to have a special plate made up for me with broiled chicken and steamed vegetables since I like all that "healthy" stuff. Yes, I like vegetables. It's terrible.

• angel_29476
    angel_29476 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd say "yes, I know...and guess what? I've lost 10lbs eating it, you should try it!" Then when they go and eat pizza and get fat I secretly laugh inside! Muahahahahahahaha! :D

haha that's a nice answer!

• mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    @Charlie003 I posted this a few times.. get this tat..they wont mess with you anymore. Also there is special finger for those type of people. Raise it. :)
    6pya5fhn24rv.jpg
    PZ.jpg 39.6K
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    So we don't even get invited to the pizza lunches.

I like the people who know and are mindful/respectful on my eating habits. When there is a potluck or food they will call my extension and tell me they are having pizza or cake and ice cream or whatever. They'll say "I know you probably won't want/eat it but we have blah blah blah over here if you want". I appreciate they are understanding yet still give me the invite just in case.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Probably off topic, but I detest it when restaurant servers say things like "Wow, you ate it all. Good job!"

I usually just blink and squint until they walk away, which I suppose is better than replying with "You're not being paid to have opinions. Run along now." shooing them away with my hand.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Just go on the McChicken diet.

Your situation hasn't happened to me (except for judgies looking at my food diary), but it's nice having a cafeteria run by a foodservice company. If someone were to ask me if I knew how many calories were in my pizza, I could say "Yes! Yes, I do know! :D " (smiling like an idiot for dramatic effect)

I had to call out the cafeteria manager at work because the calorie counts were super low. Finally this week they put 795 for the Sicilian Panini...
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The worst being when I sat down for a quick break at work on a bench in the mall and some woman came up to me and said "Honey, you need to stop dieting and learn to love yourself." I was eating a bag of mini carrots on a snack break.

eating mini carrots = OMG YOU ARE SERIOUSLY ANOREXIC

Once, while dining at a restaurant, my mother, very loudly, told me, and everyone within 10 meters of our table, I was anorexic. What led her to this conclusion was that I only ate half of the American-sized platter of pasta the waiter served me for dinner [read: it was enough food for a family of four]. During this same dinner, my mother merely sipped a very, very large glass of wine and picked at her salad.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You have a private room at work where you watch Netflix?

LOL! That's what I was thinking!!