Zucchini Recipes?

kaylahardison
kaylahardison Posts: 141 Member
I am practicing to be vegetarian due to newly found health problems. I have a garden that is full of zucchini, squash, corn, peppers, etc. I picked zucchini yesterday, and want a really (good) healthy recipe to make to bring to work for lunch.

Suggestions?

Replies

• heavyduty1981
    heavyduty1981 Posts: 38 Member
    Try these zucchini chips:

Slice your zucchini medium/thin. Press the slices between paper towels to pull out the moisture. Line them up on baking sheet. Brush a little Olive oil on them and sprinkle with sea salt. Don't put too much salt cause the zucchini will shrink a little and be too salty.
    Pop them in the oven at 225 for a couple hours. or until they aren't soggy anymore.

Great little snacks
  • meadowlark42
    meadowlark42 Posts: 23 Member
    I really like grilling zucchini, or broiling in the oven. Grilled or broiled leftover zucchini is also a great sandwich or wrap filling, sliced thin and sprinkled with salt/pepper/balsamic vinegar. Fresh corn - boil or microwave, then slice off the kernals. Mix with diced shallot, tomatoes and chiffonaded basil, feta (if you eat chese, it is good without!) with a vinaigrette dressing, there's nothing better.

Congrats on your garden success!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    This might not work for a take to work dish, but they're quite good:

https://buttoni.wordpress.com/2014/12/03/spicy-zucchini-cakes/
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    On the grill. Just half lengthwise or cut into large chunks, season and grill.
    It's great in a stir fry.
    Just slice and saute in a little butter or olive oil
    It's very good raw, add it to salads or eat as a snack
    Roast it, allow to cool and toss in a vinaigrette. Great alone, in salads or on sandwiches
    Spiralize it and toss with pesto, marinara, mushroom gravy or whatever sauce you like
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Skinnytaste has a bunch.
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    I also love it grilled...or made into zoodles (zucchini noodles) to top with whatever sauce is your favorite. Lots of recipes online for how to make 'em.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    zucchini boats - basically stuffed zucchini. cut lengthwise, scoop out seeds and some of the flesh, chop up removed seeds and flesh, add garlic powder, parmesan cheese (if you're eating cheese), breadcrumbs; rice or your favorite grain, if you like vegetarian sausage. Mix it up and stuff back into shells. Pour some marinara in pan, put stuffed boats into sauce pour more sauce around. lightly brush with olive oil. bake.

You could probably look up stuffed peppers and tomatoes and use that same filling or most anything you want to stuff it. If you look online I dont' know if you'll actually find vegetarian version, but just leave out the meat.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    I love to slice zucchini & squash & sautee them in a lightly coated pan with (extra virgin olive oil) with sliced onions. I sprinkle some black pepper and garlic powder (not garlic salt) on them and they are awesome. I then had so many of them I started making that & adding my scrambled eggs to them. So delicious. Top them with a sprinkle of shredded low fat mozarella or feta cheese & I am drooling. Sooooo good~
  • kaylahardison
    Thanks y'all! I love all of these ideas!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Grilled zucchini is one of my favorites, sometimes I add other veggies and do kabobs for a mix of flavors. Cut into large chunky then baked with salt, pepper, garlic and parm is fabulous with a garlic butter pasta or just by itself. One of the most natural combos with zucchini is tomato, you can slice the zucchini lengthwise and then top with diced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese and bake for a pizza replacement.

I haven't tried it yet but I also heard about a spicy black bean and zucchini burger.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    I like to use it as pasta; I cut it in linguine shape. I also use it in muffins, check out zucchini chocolate bread and you'll find tons of recipes. I use it in stir frys. It's also quite good if you cut it in thick slices and bbq it with some pesto and goat cheese; or even with some balsamic glaze.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Grill them and top with parmesan cheese. Like little zucchini chips. Delish!
  • donna137
    donna137 Posts: 1 Member
    Sliced or chunked with a little EVVO and balsamic vinegar, oven roasted at 375 for 30 minutes is my favorite. Easy and yummy!
  • Guineagirl913
    Guineagirl913 Posts: 77 Member
    I sauté a little onion in some olive oil, add zucchini, then add either fresh chopped tomatoes or a can of tomatoes. Cover and simmer until zucchini is soft. Of course, season with salt, pepper and whatever other seasonings you may like.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    I like to use zucchinis in quiches, saute with brown onion and/or mushrooms and capsicum, add scrambled eggs and pop in the oven :)
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    ZOODLES! I received a vegetti as a gift and it changed my life. They're great on the grill as well :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Roasted/grilled, or noodles...
    Zucchini slice - grated, baked with eggs, cheese, spices

Or zucchini "bread" (sweet), or pancakes for something different.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Yes, zoodles! Here's a great site on how to cook them http://elanaspantry.com/how-to-make-zucchini-noodles/
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I echo what @aerochic42 suggests. Zucchinis in the garden get out of hand quickly, and stuffed zucchini boats uses them up. Plus my family loved them.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/99571841734304467/
  • kaylahardison
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I echo what @aerochic42 suggests. Zucchinis in the garden get out of hand quickly, and stuffed zucchini boats uses them up. Plus my family loved them.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/99571841734304467/

I am making boats tonight! I CAN'T WAITTTT!! And yes... the zucchini is getting out of hang. LOL