Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    dbomb76 wrote: »
    1 serving of plain oatmeal
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Ginger

Tastes like rice pudding. Make a bunch and put it in some individual sized containers for the week.

We must not have tried the same rice pudding.

But OP, there are a lot of exciting breakfasts for me. It's just not always easy to fit them in my day, lol! But pancakes, French toast, waffle or English muffin with hazelnut butter or ricotta and honey... so much deliciousness potential.

I made myself a burger for breakfast the other day too and I've had meatloaf leftovers a few times... nothing's off limit for breakfast.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Old Fashioned Oats, 2% milk, dash of cinnamon and a bit of vanilla. Mmm eating some now! If I have nut butter in the house I add in 1T. of Trader Joe's Sunflower Nut Butter. I don't limit Oatmeal to breakfast though.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    bacon, eggs, omelets, waffles, pancakes, sausage, etc….what is to dread about that?
  • crypsyx
    crypsyx Posts: 858 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Something I could make at home that wouldn't make me dread eating breakfast? Easy breakfasts that don't involve something too simple like toast and coffee, nor do I like eggs.

Any suggestions?

i have several meals i make to break up the potential monotony of eggs. one uses packet of regular oatmeal mixed with half a cup of skim milk (not water). 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries, 1/4 cup of fresh raspberries, and a tablespoon of chopped pecans to give it a texture and a bit of crunch. i also make blueberry parfaits (plain greek yogurt, vanilla whey protein scoop, kashi go lean crunch, honey, flax seed and blueberries), banana oatmeal smoothies (bananas, 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, flax, 1/2 cup of skim milk, 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt, and a dash of honey), sometimes just plain ole' cereal and milk. ;)

that said, if you don't want to eat breakfast, don't. i know there are studies that say if you eat breakfast, you're likely to lose more weight than someone who doesn't, but there are also studies that say it's perfectly fine to skip meals. some studies say we should eat three squares a day, others that say six tiny meals. do what works for you.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Don't limit yourself to breakfast foods in the am. Have pre-cooked grilled chicken and veggies or even lunch food if you are hungry. Or make a homemade soup for in the am. I like that!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I had a salad with grilled chicken, sauteed zucchini, cucumber, lettuce and italian dressing for breakfast today.

I usually like to have tostadas with refried beans, hot sauce, lettuce, plain yogurt and sometimes add meat or scrambled eggs and some other veggies. :p

I make zucchini frittata a lot too with some jalapeño pepper in it. Sometimes I add meat and/or cheese.

You can have anything.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Im just excited to have a breakfast to eat.
  • kndev
    kndev Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I get tired of eggs and the typical breakfast foods, but as of late I've been really liking my usual toasted english muffin with cream cheese and sautéd veggies with chicken sausage. The english muffin is a play on my love of bagels
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Start with a list of foods you do like and go from there. If prep deters you, make something ahead and have it ready to go. I have difficulty relating, as breakfast is my favourite meal of the day.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    On weekends I tend to wake up late. I often eat lunch as my first meal. So good.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    smoothies are pretty awesome. and add some whipcream and it's like dessert for breakfast
    though my go too is English muffin, egg, cheese, and ham. you don't need the egg
  • palmettoadventurer
    palmettoadventurer Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm excited about pretty much all breakfast foods, but who says you have to eat traditional breakfast foods in the morning? Maybe have leftovers from dinner, or meal prep your breakfast using the same kinds of foods you would for lunch.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I made myself a kind of fun breakfast today. I toasted a Nutrigrain waffle and cut it in half. On one half I spread a teaspoon of peanut butter and topped it with banana. The other half was topped with Nutella and fresh strawberries. I loved having the two different flavor combos. I like the chocolate & strawberry half better, lol.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oops double post
  • eskimohugger
    eskimohugger Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love watching Youtube on my laptop. I will Youtube search- breakfast ideas. Or, healthy breakfast ideas. You'll be amazed at how many quick videos will pop up with tons of ideas. Give that a try.

that sounds like fun!! Hopefully i have the ingredients!
  • eskimohugger
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    smoothies are pretty awesome. and add some whipcream and it's like dessert for breakfast
    though my go too is English muffin, egg, cheese, and ham. you don't need the egg

I usually like to drink smoothies for breakfast but it's really expensive to buy fresh fruit all the time to keep up with it everyday
  • tabarilla
    tabarilla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually do a bowl with fresh berries and banana with either low sugar granola or oatmeal, and then I add chia seeds, hemp seeds, and coconut. It's a nice combo, and I can either eat it with almond milk or just mix it up like a parfait. Plus I can vary the fruit choices to match the growing seasons.
  • eskimohugger
    Options
    North44 wrote: »
    I made myself a kind of fun breakfast today. I toasted a Nutrigrain waffle and cut it in half. On one half I spread a teaspoon of peanut butter and topped it with banana. The other half was topped with Nutella and fresh strawberries. I loved having the two different flavor combos. I like the chocolate & strawberry half better, lol.

To be honest that sounds delicious and creative. Im definitely going to try that someday!
  • eskimohugger
    Options
    I'm excited about pretty much all breakfast foods, but who says you have to eat traditional breakfast foods in the morning? Maybe have leftovers from dinner, or meal prep your breakfast using the same kinds of foods you would for lunch.

I'd be excited for breakfast if it involved things such as waffles and turkey sausage or cream cheese but unfortunately my kitchen only offers things like toast/eggs/cereal/oatmeal which I've gotten tired of