Favorite vegetarian/eggetarian recipe

Options
2»

Replies

• discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Akibo23 wrote: »

Hello, Yes I do eat diary I am not planning to go vegan any time soon. I love and swear by fresh goats cheese. Regular salad with goats cheese and honey is delicious ! I do not eat meat though and hence the sausage recipe wouldn't work me. Thanks for the ideas :)

The sausage is fake meat. Take boca crumbles and cook them with cayenne, fennel, paprika, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, pepper, and a little bit of olive oil. Then mix with marinara sauce.
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    hmparkin23 wrote: »
    My favourite breakfast at the moment (like, every day…) is a small slice of toast with half an avocado, smashed with chilli flakes, salad onion and lemon juice, and topped with a sliced hard-boiled egg. I make the parts the evening before and construct it when I get to work in the morning.

Sounds really easy to make and carry :)

I have been addicted to chia pudding over the past few weeks and it keeps me going for a good 6-7hours before i am hungry all over again :D Perfect breakfast-brunch food :)

Here is an image of today's version of chia pudding brunch with one apple-one banana and a homemade raspberry coulis without sugar :
    6iwr19vh3g4j.jpg

That looks great! Looks so filling too! :smile:
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    gd2wnsjicq9i.jpg

Here is a picture of the first attempt at making shakshouka!! Was delicious and stored well for a day :)

WOAH! Amaze-balls! I saw that and started salivating! And I had just finished lunch an hour ago! That needs to come with a warning label! :smiley:
  • Akibo23
    Akibo23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    That looks great! Looks so filling too! :smile:

Definitely was! It was quite delicious too which was unexpected :) Pleasantly surprised and ecstatic :)
  • Akibo23
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    WOAH! Amaze-balls! I saw that and started salivating! And I had just finished lunch an hour ago! That needs to come with a warning label! :smiley:

Haha :) Thanks for the recipe ! It was super easy and fun making it - DH cleaned up the dish pretty well along with me.
  • sarawalker14
    sarawalker14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian, I still can't and prob won't shake cheese, it's too good. I don't eat eggs.
    Sooo with that being said, when I did eat eggs, in the morning I would saute onions, tomatoes, scramble some eggs. Put it on warm corn tortilla and top it off w. A little salsa and cheese.

My favorite dinner: sautéed mushrooms, onion, tomatoe, zuchini and yellow squash.. sometimes corn and peas.. warm up the tortilla, put the stuff sautéed on to the tortilla add cheese and slices of avacado! So yummy and very filling.
  • Akibo23
    Options
    @sarawalker14 Replace tortilla with roti/chapatti(Indian flat bread) and that is something I most definitely snack on a LOT !! :D

Great recipe idea.