Plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• mikkie1040
    mikkie1040 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Some exercise entries are not available (I use manual treadmill at incline) and I don't weigh my food, but take information straight from the packages.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    [

In this case, it is not. The OP is eating too much. Not weighing food, over estimating burns. Simply not in a deficit. [/quote]

^^^A million times this. There is no way you are burning 600-900 calories a day with your workouts, that would be several hours of strenuous (sweating profusely) exercise. Also, I know that everyone says eat whatever fits into your calorie allowance that you want, but Big Macs and sundaes from McDonald's are probably not helping your efforts here, even just the mental side of it.

Concentrate on accurate logging, and staying at your daily goal. You are simply eating too much. Weigh and measure EVERYTHING and try not eating back any exercise calories for a couple weeks and see what happens.

• mikkie1040
    mikkie1040 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How much you burn has alot to do with how much you weigh to begin with. I am sweating profusely and my face is often still red an hour later. With two artificial knees, it takes alot out of me. And it was working consistently in the first 6 weeks or so, so there must have been some accuracy to what I was doing.
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    mikkie1040 wrote: »
    How much you burn has alot to do with how much you weigh to begin with. I am sweating profusely and my face is often still red an hour later. With two artificial knees, it takes alot out of me. And it was working consistently in the first 6 weeks or so, so there must have been some accuracy to what I was doing.

Firstly, sweat and a red face have absolutely nothing to do with how many calories you burn, that has to do with the heat, and how out of shape you are.

Secondly, it was working the first few weeks because you were heavier, and eating less than you were burning. Now, you are still overeating, but you weigh less, so you have less wiggle room for error. Plus, as everyone else said, you are overestimating your calorie burn, and as you are eating back most of it, you're just eating too much.

If you don't weigh your food, you will never know how much you are eating. Calorie counting doesn't work unless you weigh your food with a digital food scale. Your calorie goal is set to 1200, try eating only 200 calories of exercise calories (or even none at all) and see if it helps. However, until you get a food scale, and weigh everything, you might never get out of this 'plateau'.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    CBA did the OP ever tell us the length of the plateau so we cna tie it in with her diary. I asked twice and cant see the answer.

QB63 yes you can, it would take some time but not really several hours of profuse sweating notwithstanding the fact that sweat isnt a very reliable method of calculating exertion. Whether the OP is actually doing or capable of that amount is a different matter.

Looking at the diary it seems MFP normal exaggeration without the OP discounting 50%, so yet another reason why she will be over.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    OP do yourself a favour and read this thread so you understand the basics of weight loss and why everyone is point
    ting out whats causing your difficulties.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have looked back into may as well...but since you don't believe it...

Since April 6 you have been over goal 27x which is 38% of the time....might not be much over could be really really over....and if you are in goal it's eating allllll your exercise calories usually in June.

you are eating too much.

mikkie1040 wrote: »
    If everyone would look at my diary overall and not just in the last week, I've often been in deficit. And stress could very well be a factor. I run a daycare out of my home and that means chasing around 6 toddlers all under the age of 4 (two are under 1 year of age) and I haven't (literally) taken a vacation or time off in more than 7 years except for when I had my knees replaced. If MVP calculations are not correct for exercise and food, then what is the point in being on here and using their tools? I was consistently losing weight in the beginning and think I'm just at the plateau everyone hits and wanted to know how to get out of it. I know calories out/calories in, but I am not gaining weight at all. Just been stuck at the same number for a couple of weeks.

• WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask why your daily calorie goal is just 1200 per day when your ticker indicates you have over 100 still to lose? Sounds very low. Try running the Goal setter again just in case that's wrong. And as others have said do weigh your food if you haven't been doing so already. 3 years in and I'm still not able to guess correctly by eye. Some people unintentionally over-log exercise by logging everything they do whereas sedentary on MFP already includes about 1.5 miles of activity (FitBit wearers who sync their accounts with sedentary here can verify) so in my case if I was logging my walk to work and back each day I'd be claiming back calories I wasn't entitled to eat back. You might want to consider a FitBit if you want a better guide to what you are burning.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Op you asked for advise but then negate everything everyone is telling you about the possibility that you are over eating. Correctly weighting everything you eat with a digital food scale (liquids in cups/the rest on scale) accurately. Believe me it makes a HUGE difference. I am one that cannot for the life of me eye-bowl the amt I am serving myself, I MUST weigh everything, I even weigh the food with labels that have the servings and calories on the box and guess what, sometimes whats printed on the box is incorrect. For example deli thin sliced oven roasted turkey might say on the label serving size: 6 slices (54g) but when I weight it 5 slices add up to 54g. So guess what that 1 extra slice adds up. Good luck!