Is this wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• ryanb898
    ryanb898 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This community is one of the best I've seen yet, I usually don't get this much help in other places. I appreciate everyone's input. I'm going to try to get a scale today, I would much rather prep my food, my issue with meal prep is I get bored eating the same thing daily.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Prepping food doesn't have to be the same boring stuff every day. One simple idea is to cook a whole chicken (or buy a rotisserie) and turn that into 1-2 dinners, then make a sandwich with a big slice of the breast and whatever toppings you like, then chop up all the leftovers and make chicken salad for lunches. As long as you weigh your portions and log it you're golden.

Meal prep doesn't need to be the "bro meals" you see online. It could be as simple as making some lunch meat sandwiches for the week, prepping some oatmeal and having some easy protein sources in the freezer (burgers, chicken patties, I like the Tyson diced chicken breasts). If you ease up on the dunkin and subway you'll have lots of extra money to buy some convenience food.

Also-if you do go to subway I would ask for all the condiments (mayo/dressing/etc) on the side so you're in complete control of how much goes on. I can tell them "just a little" until im blue in the face, they're still going to pound on the mayo.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    you just need to stay within your calories. once you can do that I would start making changes to what foods you eat. even pre-packaged food is easy to log you can just scan the bar code
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    No need to stay away from Subway.

You can go to their web site and enter all the ingredients/toppings for your sandwich and it will calculate the calories, protein, carbs, fat, etc.

My standard sandwich is a 6 inch turkey, no cheese, with spinach, cucumber, pickles, olives, and plain yellow mustard. 280 calories.
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It can be really tough to eat healthy on the road! One thing to consider would be adding grocery stores into the mix instead of just fast food. Here are a few ideas for "fast food" from the grocery store: fruit (apples, bananas--you don't have to buy the whole bunch, just break one off), yogurt, individual cheeses, nuts, small bags of ready to eat produce (baby carrots, tomatoes, etc.), tuna in ready to eat packages, sometimes you can find hard boiled eggs, protein & granola bars, protein drinks, also check the salad bar, deli, sushi bar, etc. Often you'll find all of the utensils you need in the deli (or salad bar or sushi).
  • farrar8217
    farrar8217 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

You can go to their web site and enter all the ingredients/toppings for your sandwich and it will calculate the calories, protein, carbs, fat, etc.

My standard sandwich is a 6 inch turkey, no cheese, with spinach, cucumber, pickles, olives, and plain yellow mustard. 280 calories.
    Where can I find that on the subway website?
    All I get is the generic nutrition list.
  • AbnormalYak
    AbnormalYak Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Your maintenance calories are 3224? Sob! Mine are a smidge over half that (short 40's desk job woman). Life's so unfair.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'd be careful with that maintenance number, the standard calculators significantly over-estimate for people carrying a lot of excess weight.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    farrar8217 wrote: »

Google subway nutrition and click on the pdf. You get the sandwich information with standard toppings as well as individual ingredients

ETA: most restaurants also have a pamphlet with the same info. I find it easier to look at.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    farrar8217 wrote: »

Somewhere there's a button that says "Calculate Yours".
  • evanruth
    evanruth Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Try this link:
    subway.com/menu/Product.aspx?&CC=USA&LC=ENG&MenuTypeId=1&MenuID=35&ProductID=5

You can select your sandwich from the dropdown.