Struggling to lose weight. Ain't lost since April!

Options
hi, I've been dieting since end of January now and I've lost 17lb so far. But since April I have not lost any more weight! It's so frustrating im trying so hard I joined slimming world & started exercising but it's just came at a holt. I don't know what to do?
I've still got over a stone to lose, to get to my target! I feel like giving up but obviously don't want 2!
Please help me with some advice

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you counting calories and using a food scale? If not, start there.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food with a food scale? Tightening up your logging and accuracy should help.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    sounds like two months of maintenance calorie eating to me.
  • jayseanfaith
    jayseanfaith Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No I'm doing slimming world so you don't weigh nothing, I'm logging what I eat on here 2 count my calories and I'm always under. It's just so frustrating I done no carbs last week and stayed the same again!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No I'm doing slimming world so you don't weigh nothing, I'm logging what I eat on here 2 count my calories and I'm always under. It's just so frustrating I done no carbs last week and stayed the same again!
    Maybe you should start weighing your food then, since it's not working.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

How do you know how much you eat to the calorie without weighing foods?

• jayseanfaith
    Options
    Yeah I'll have to get some scales and give it a go. Thanks
  • malibu927
    Options

If you weren't weighing before Slimming World, then you were eating more than you think.
  • ane966
    ane966 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are not exercising enough - you've got to move and when you're tired, move some more. Sorry, but it's really all it boils down to - exercise for an hour and try to do it every day. Keep it up and remember, even maintaining is better than gaining! Good Luck!!
  • GemeliaFP
    GemeliaFP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Start weighing your food and maybe try a different diet such as the 5:2 diet (which is what I am doing) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Aj6hRYg4A
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

While you have a larger margin of error when you don't weigh your food, weighing your food also has a margin of error. You don't know how much you eat "to the calorie" when you weigh your food either. Not losing weight is a sign that someone is under estimating calorie intake, but correcting it doesn't require that they start weighing their food.
  • malibu927
    Options
    ane966 wrote: »
    You are not exercising enough - you've got to move and when you're tired, move some more. Sorry, but it's really all it boils down to - exercise for an hour and try to do it every day. Keep it up and remember, even maintaining is better than gaining! Good Luck!!

You don't have to exercise to lose weight, just eat in a calorie deficit. It's healthy, sure, but it won't help much without knowing whether or not you're eating over your goal.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

tumblr_ncc8dl75Yz1tsp4aho3_r1_500.gif
  • yopeeps025
    Options

While you have a larger margin of error when you don't weigh your food, weighing your food also has a margin of error. You don't know how much you eat "to the calorie" when you weigh your food either. Not losing weight is a sign that someone is under estimating calorie intake, but correcting it doesn't require that they start weighing their food.

OP said that she is under whatever goal for slimming world is. Yet she hasn't lost weight for 2 months. So you comment would be find where you can keep cutting out foods rather than get a scale to have a better idea of how much you eat.

I'm sure OP doesn't want to waste more time doing it your way of guessing foods and portion sizes when 60 days is a long time of not getting anywhere closer to your goals.

No ones says you need a food scale to lose weight. No one will say using a scale didn't help make it easier to lose weight. No one says I plateau just as much as I did before using a food scale to when using a food scale.

Now let get to the real thing. Everyone here knows that you don't want to use a food scale which is fine. But in doing that you better not make a thread about being stuck losing your last bit of weight because you know what your comments will say.

• jayseanfaith
    Options

I exercise 6 days a week for an hour using weights, I also have a very active job on my feet all day non stop moving. So I don't think I could actually do anymore exercise.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

OP said that she is under whatever goal for slimming world is. Yet she hasn't lost weight for 2 months. So you comment would be find where you can keep cutting out foods rather than get a scale to have a better idea of how much you eat.

I'm sure OP doesn't want to waste more time doing it your way of guessing foods and portion sizes when 60 days is a long time of not getting anywhere closer to your goals.

No ones says you need a food scale to lose weight. No one will say using a scale didn't help make it easier to lose weight. No one says I plateau just as much as I did before using a food scale to when using a food scale.

Now let get to the real thing. Everyone here knows that you don't want to use a food scale which is fine. But in doing that you better not make a thread about being stuck losing your last bit of weight because you know what your comments will say.

The OP can use a food scale if she likes, but whether she uses a food scale or just eats less, the end result is the same. The problem isn't that she doesn't know what she is eating, but whatever she is eating, that is more than she thinks it is.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    No you dont have to exercise more lol

But what happens is this..when you start your journey you have lots more to lose Your deficit is bigger than now you have less to lose
    So your weight loss is slowing down or even stopping because your deficit is very small or not there anymore....you lost weight you made your deficit smaller.

Now the fact that you have no idea how much calories you eat, wont help. So indeed like said/mentioned before, start weighing ALL your solid food, create a deficit and you will lose weight..slowly maybe ( your close to goal weight) but you will as long you have a deficit.
  • yopeeps025
    edited June 2015
    Options

The OP can use a food scale if she likes, but whether she uses a food scale or just eats less, the end result is the same. The problem isn't that she doesn't know what she is eating, but whatever she is eating, that is more than she thinks it is.

So you suggest that she does what exactly? Eat less move more?

If OP is eating more than she thinks than why make this thread about not losing. She clearly does not know how much she is eating. That is the point of the food scale. To have a better idea of calorie intake than just guessing and eating less than the guessing.

Also your end result is incorrect. If OP was using a food scale from the start I doubt she would not lose weight for a whole two months. If it was the case than her correct food log would show why.