Over 50 Group - Recruiting New Members

Options

Replies

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Check out the new thread 'Believe In Yourself' written by one of our newest members Lulu - very inspiring!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Almost to 250 active members, who's going to help us get there!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Join in the new discussion started by Bee, one of our group leaders - "What do we want to achieve today?"
  • BRaye325
    Options
    We just hit 250 active members. We may be old to some, but we just keep getting better!
  • glimmersilver
    glimmersilver Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I keep wishing there were a "like" button on these posts! BRaye, great going, 250 active members!
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Lore. I'm 55 years old, married and no kids. When I started my life changing eating plan was in December, but didn't know about MFP until about February. So far I've lost 51 pounds and I have a ways to go. Good luck everyone!!
  • BRaye325
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Lore, you are doing awesome! That's a lot of pounds to shed. You have to be feeling so much better. We look forward to getting to know you.
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I received your message but I can't copy and paste from my tablet. At least I don't think so
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Will your tablet let you click on this link?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    OK. I joined.
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would like to join but I do not see the "green" join button. I am 57, married, mother of 2 grown wonderful kids and live in Iowa. I've been a member of MFP for years but haven't done much on the group side. I have good health, but need to get a ton of weight off. Since January I am down 31 pounds. I am finding that I need the support and motivation of people going through the same thing I am. I'm looking at another year of really staying on track before I can move to the maintenance side since I still need to take off another 100 pounds. Good luck to all of you and thanks for the invite you put out there.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Hi Rose - I created an invitation for you, if you go to the group it will appear on the upper right. Looking forward to meeting you!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    For those asking how to join:
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    All you need to do is click on this link or paste it in your address bar:

If you aren't yet familiar with groups, they are very similar to this general forum but specifically tailored for the members.

Our group is public which means you can view it before deciding to join.
    If you decide to join, make sure to hit the green 'join this group' button.
    Once you join, the group will always appear at the bottom of your 'Community' page.

Feel free to check my profile or send me a message with any thoughts.

Please post below if you join or have any comments or questions.

I'm looking forward to meeting you. ;)

• roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well I've been sick for 3-4 days but still managed to do my little stationery bicycle thing and to stay almost within calorie goal. However, they put me on a steroid for a week so not sure how that will impact my weight loss but as of right now I am down 31 lbs total. Feels good to move off the twenties! Hopefully the move to lost forties will come a lot quicker. Good luck to everyone and hope this rain stops soon so we here in Iowa can get back to walking along the Mississippi River. Have a great day everyone!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Hi Rose, glad to hear your feeling better. 31 lbs down is awesome!
    Click on the link in my post just above, it will take you to the group location and then you can hit the join button there. You will see all of the ongoing discussion and get to meet a couple hundred more friends.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Jump into our discussion on "What has worked best for you?" and pick up some great tips from some MFP veterans.

• BRaye325
    Options
    Set yourself up with a daily motivation on our "Daily Goals vs The Gremlins" thread.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    We just hit 300 active members, come check us out!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    We are one of the most active groups in all of MFP, check us out!

• BRaye325
    Options
    Our quote of the week:
    "Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use." - Charles_M_Schulz