help im craving a burger and fry

Options
How do you all get through yout cravings? Im 2 sec from getting in my car and going to macadoos for a steak burger and seasoned fries. :s

Replies

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I eat a burger and fries, lol. You can have them and fit them in your calories.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I indulge. Simply work out more to adjust for the intake.
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    If you are wanting encouragement then: Don't do it! you've come this far! I regret foods that are less than healthy afterwards, because I eat really really healthy (veggies and fruits wise).

Otherwise.....eat the burger, just don't go over your calories :)
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    p.s. if you are truly craving something, then it may help keep you on track in the long run if you just have it.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I go to the grocery store and buy some lean meat, low calorie buns, potatoes, etc.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    pre log them into your day to make room for them, and then eat them ..

what is wrong with a burger it has fat and protein ...

• ndj1979
    Options
    RebeccaD22 wrote: »
    If you are wanting encouragement then: Don't do it! you've come this far! I regret foods that are less than healthy afterwards, because I eat really really healthy (veggies and fruits wise).

Otherwise.....eat the burger, just don't go over your calories :)

on what planet is a burger and fries not healthy????
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Eat it. Or have a Artisan grilled chicken sandwich and fries like I did for lunch today, then have the burger another day. Either way.

or do this ...

OR you could just make yourself your own burger so you know the ingredients and calorie count..

Saturday night I made myself my own double cheeseburger...damn, that was so good and I was still in my calorie target for the day...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I just eat the freaking food. Why do people make food more than what it is????
  • JayBigelow
    JayBigelow Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I find when I'm having a craving like this I have a small piece of cheese the craving subsides for me. Also make a home made burger a lot less calories.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    if I have an unexpected fat filled meal, I go for a quick walk with the dog. it certainly doesn't undo it but I feel better about.
    and then I try to make healthier, nongreasy food, decisions afterwards

food is neither good or bad. food is. and that is all.
  • GabrielNV
    GabrielNV Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your ideas ! i dont have many calories left but i think i can get away with the grilled chicken sandwich and work out tonight . :)
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    GabrielNV wrote: »
    How do you all get through yout cravings? Im 2 sec from getting in my car and going to macadoos for a steak burger and seasoned fries. :s

Perhaps you're not getting enough calories. But, if it's just a super craving and you can fit it into your daily calories just go for it. I've learned that this isn't always about willpower and self control; it's more about making new and better habits. If you're able to stay within your calories there's no reason to deny yourself all the time. Life's too short.

Hey, I ate an entire can of Pringle's for dinner the other night, lol. Not healthy in the least bit but I still was under my daily calorie limit. And...I only do this very infrequently.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, if you feel a craving coming on, just start planning around it. Burgers and fries sounds like an easy way to get carbs, fat and protein all in one shot. :)

If you're anxious about portion and nutrient control, learn to cook versions of your favorites at home. Last night I indulged in some pretty awesome bacon mac n cheese, still under, still got my macros in check. :D
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    GabrielNV wrote: »

I'm w/ everyone else, eat the damn burger! but cmon, if you're going to indulge get a real burger. Go to 5 guys! MUCH better than McD's.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    JayBigelow wrote: »
    I find when I'm having a craving like this I have a small piece of cheese the craving subsides for me. Also make a home made burger a lot less calories.

*sigh*
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Eat it. Or have a Artisan grilled chicken sandwich and fries like I did for lunch today, then have the burger another day. Either way.

or do this ...

OR you could just make yourself your own burger so you know the ingredients and calorie count..

Saturday night I made myself my own double cheeseburger...damn, that was so good and I was still in my calorie target for the day...

This is what I do. My hamburgers taste better than what I can buy anyway. I had two nights this week where I had an 8 oz cheeseburger and fries. It was yummy. We have a small butcher here that sells the best ground sirloin I have ever had. I fit them into my calories, and I am down a pound this week. The hamburger also helped me hit my protein goal which is something I have trouble with. No shame in eating one OP.