Joplin Resident speaks out.

Options
2»

Replies

• milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    ~*Big hugs*~ My thoughts are with you and everyone else who has such a long journey to recovery ahead!

There are great numbers of people pulling together all over the country to get useful supplies to the devastated area. My fellow MFPers, check with local churches and other organizations to see what you can do to help. Something as seemingly small as pulling a few of your extra blankets out of your closet and sending them Joplin's way, can be very helpful when we all do it. Also, please consider donating blood. The demand for Type O Neg. is especially high. You can find blood drives in your area by visiting the Red Cross website, you can also schedule your appointment there, it only takes a couple of minutes.
  • MaryBachert
    MaryBachert Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Praying that the LORD will be with you all this time and give you the strength that you need to carry on. I was in Joplin about 5 years ago, and it is hard to believe that so much has been wiped out! The devastation is unreal! Will continue to pray!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Prayers...
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    Prayers sent for the people of Joplin and prayers for continued strength for your and your husband!
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    Proverbs 3: 25 Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, 26 for the LORD will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.

God will see you through this. My prayers are with you and your community
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have no money to donate, nor do I have any medical skills of value. However, I do have able hands and a beating heart. I am trying to organize folks from here in Rolla to come down for the upcoming holiday weekend. I don't know if it will work, but I am trying. Regardless, my thoughts and prayers are with you and all the residents of Joplin in this time of tragedy. Bless you.
  • Josephine237
    Josephine237 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I will be praying.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    May the Lord be with you all tonight. Praying that you will be safe once again.
  • tat2tinkerbell
    tat2tinkerbell Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Prayers have been sent from here in St. Louis. I work for St. Johns in STL, and we have been doing everything we can for our sister hospital down there. You all are doing an amazing job with the support you're providing people down there. And with all of the storms that keep coming through, I pray for some relief for you all.

God bless you and the people there....
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    This was the scariest night of my life. I'll never forget what it sounded like rolling through. Like a freight train. We, too, were out on Sunday night and all the through day Monday searching for survivors. I don't think I've ever been so wet/tired/distraught in all my life. Thanks for being out there, too.

We were at my mother-in-law's house when the storm hit and the air pressure inside the house was crazy, the windows shattering everywhere, doors shaking violently in their frames. I'm surprised the roof stayed on. Anyway, after a few hours we found out from a neighbor (whom I found up on Main St.) that our house out by the golf course was still standing... saved by three blocks!

So so lucky, we all are, to still have homes. I grieve for the people who wander around here homeless now, and for those who lost loved ones.

Stay strong, our community will get through this, it will just take some time.