Fake Accounts?

Options

Replies

• HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    It's sad that the internet can be such a scary place sometimes. It's so great in so many ways, but so bad in the way of hackers, fakers, stalkers, etc. As for here, I haven't really had many problems, thankfully. Just a couple of guys who wanted to exchange pics and I said no. But there was one guy that insisted that he was in love with me and found me on other social media, and sent me naked pics of himself after I told him over and over not to and that I'm happily married and don't want to see that. He did anyway, and I instantly blocked him from everything.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    RebeccaD22 wrote: »
    Sometimes I receive friend requests for people who just don't sound real, if that makes sense. Is this site known to have robot, or fake accounts? My biggest concern is men having a woman as their profile pic and pretending...Any info?

Thanks! :)

I don't accept requests from ppl that don't have their info filled out or closed profiles. (yes I know mine's closed, I don't send invites very often). Even just adding generic info so the person seems legit.
  • KTOneTwentyTwo
    KTOneTwentyTwo Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Yep there's tons of fake ~ troll accts on here, like any social media.
    When i first started i accepted a request from a young girl like 22? Or around that age. She instantly messaged me and i would chat with her often . She said she didnt have a mother so i felt sorry for her. Well after months and months i started to notice shady comments and she was constantly messaging me . Like 25 messges in a few day time frame. So i just stopped acknowledging her at all.
    I thought i was careful never to tell anyone my exact location or name of my job. But i wasnt careful enough. Once we where talking about different types of gyms. I mentioned that i went to the only large gym in my area because it was the only one with a large weight floor , pool, spa and so on. My profile says the area i live in. So with that information, paired with the fact that i once mentioned my gym was close to a grocery store, "she " was able to figure out what gym i went to.
    AND GUESS WHAT....IT WASNT A SHE !! SURPRISED? ?!!! LOL
    Yep some creepy dude showed up at my gym and said, its me chloe951 ! So yeah, there's creepers on here for sure. Since then im careful what i say and who i accept on here. Ive since moved so There's no way I'll ever mention any little details like i did before. Im much more guarded now

That's really scary... I've been in similar situations.. Been cyber stalked more than once.. Also stalked by someone who was once my friend but he became overly obsessed with me. Anyways I try not to give out too much information about myself but sometimes just the littlest things gives them everything. Social media is scary now a days. I'm going to be more careful as to who I add and accept now.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    When i first started i accepted a request from a young girl like 22? Or around that age. She instantly messaged me and i would chat with her often . She said she didnt have a mother so i felt sorry for her. Well after months and months i started to notice shady comments and she was constantly messaging me . Like 25 messges in a few day time frame. So i just stopped acknowledging her at all.
    I thought i was careful never to tell anyone my exact location or name of my job. But i wasnt careful enough. Once we where talking about different types of gyms. I mentioned that i went to the only large gym in my area because it was the only one with a large weight floor , pool, spa and so on. My profile says the area i live in. So with that information, paired with the fact that i once mentioned my gym was close to a grocery store, "she " was able to figure out what gym i went to.
    Yep some creepy dude showed up at my gym and said, its me chloe951 ! So yeah, there's creepers on here for sure. Since then im careful what i say and who i accept on here. Ive since moved so There's no way I'll ever mention any little details like i did before. Im much more guarded now

Now this story scared me. :o

You should always be leery of members of the community that don't have personal pictures as their avatar.

Good thing I know Mau5

Damn good thing. On that subject, what IS your zip code?
    creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-354.gif

1233009630_38e882e.gif
    19f.gif
  • shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    It's sad that the internet can be such a scary place sometimes. It's so great in so many ways, but so bad in the way of hackers, fakers, stalkers, etc. As for here, I haven't really had many problems, thankfully. Just a couple of guys who wanted to exchange pics and I said no. But there was one guy that insisted that he was in love with me and found me on other social media, and sent me naked pics of himself after I told him over and over not to and that I'm happily married and don't want to see that. He did anyway, and I instantly blocked him from everything.

Some men do not take no for an answer when you say no they say yessssss
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    I don't chat with people on here anymore.......they are crazy.

You chatted with me! Lol
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options

Let's chat!! ;)

and really people are crazy everywhere it's just easier to be crazy online and when people feel they are anonymous they become someone they really aren't and as for the fake accounts…I don't get it. Why do you take a dislike to someone so much on an internet forum that you decide you have to try to stalk them or be mean or cruel? It's the internet…block them and move on
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Now this story scared me. :o

You should always be leery of members of the community that don't have personal pictures as their avatar.

Good thing I know Mau5

Damn good thing. On that subject, what IS your zip code?
    creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-354.gif

1233009630_38e882e.gif
    19f.gif

giphy.gif
  • StocksNBlondes
    StocksNBlondes Posts: 4 Member
    Options

^^^^ This is exactly why I closed my account that I have been on since Jan. 2011. Be careful folks, the internet is a very dangerous place.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options

You chatted with me! Lol
    I did compliment you but I don't think we actually spoke but like 2 messages lol. Chatting to me is more back and forward on topics.

Lol, reminds me of another sitch where some girl claimed you guys were chatting. Interesting! ;)
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options

You chatted with me! Lol
    I did compliment you but I don't think we actually spoke but like 2 messages lol. Chatting to me is more back and forward on topics.

Oh touché lol
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    The husband of a friend of mine spent years creating and administrating several "troll" accounts on FB and other social media platforms. He would literally spend the evenings logged on to various sites deliberately creating controversy just to see the chat forums blow up. At one point she said he had seven or eight alter egos going at a time in one room and had them arguing with each other to create more "noise" in the forum. Given that he had two young teenage sons and a wife and a full time job and a life of other responsibilities, I never understood why he bothered or how he found the time. People can be really weird.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Luckily I am sporadically online I just don't have time to develop any issues, let alone keep chats and such going.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    LouisaM162 wrote: »
    At one point she said he had seven or eight alter egos going at a time in one room and had them arguing with each other to create more "noise" in the forum.

I see that here at times as a way for a person to gain popularity. They create several accounts and constantly respond to their main account so they seem like the person to know. Ends up being part of the larger clique here.

• _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    Sometimes one has to make a new account cause they've gotten blocked and they were done talking to that person who blocked them yet. Ya know?
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

^^^^ This is exactly why I closed my account that I have been on since Jan. 2011. Be careful folks, the internet is a very dangerous place.
    says the boobs?

In for talking Oracle boob wisdom.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

says the boobs?

In for talking Oracle boob wisdom.

Bow to the boob gods. I'm ok with that too.

I knew you would be.