Advice please

Options
aliciamanior
aliciamanior Posts: 19 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone had success with losing 5-8 pounds in two weeks? I'm also needing to lose 4 inches around my tummy. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nope...that isn't advisable at all.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce. 5-8 lbs in two weeks is usually only feasable when you are fisrt starting out with weight loss and you have quite a bit to lose.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce. 5-8 lbs in two weeks is usually only feasable when you are fisrt starting out with weight loss and you have quite a bit to lose.

And even then it's primarily water weight.

I'm going to just give you this OP...a flat out NO
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    with only 7 lbs left to lose you should aim, and expect, to lose no more than 0.5lbs/week.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    OP you dont understand how weight loss works, as they said no spot reduction and your target is too hight. It will be much slower than that, youd be luky to get 1lb a week.
  • aliciamanior
    Options
    Well I started trying to lose weight about 8 weeks ago. I quit birth control, I started drinking water, I quit sodas and caffeine. I work out 3 times a week the first 3 weeks and was able to lose 10 pounds. probably all water weight. Well I've been stuck at that weight for about 4 weeks now. Then on Monday I stepped on the scale and I was 138. Tuesday I changed my workout and went to the gym for the first time in 5 years. I went back again yesterday and today I weight 134.4. So I know it can be done. Just wondering if there was anything else that could help. I'm going on vacation July 5th and just want to look my best. Thanks for all your help!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Slow & steady wins the race :)
  • malibu927
    Options
    Are you counting calories and using a food scale? That's where you should start. But that's still a dangerous amount for two weeks.
  • aliciamanior
    Options
    128-129 is my short term goal. After vacation I plan to continue and get down to 120 once and for all! I'm sick of struggling with this. It always happens after I have a kid lol. My husband and I have 3 boys and my youngest is 2 and I've just been uncomfortable every since his birth.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Well I started trying to lose weight about 8 weeks ago. I quit birth control, I started drinking water, I quit sodas and caffeine. I work out 3 times a week the first 3 weeks and was able to lose 10 pounds. probably all water weight. Well I've been stuck at that weight for about 4 weeks now. Then on Monday I stepped on the scale and I was 138. Tuesday I changed my workout and went to the gym for the first time in 5 years. I went back again yesterday and today I weight 134.4. So I know it can be done. Just wondering if there was anything else that could help. I'm going on vacation July 5th and just want to look my best. Thanks for all your help!

Oh look folks, we have a special snowflake here today. LOL
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Slow & steady wins the race :)
    I don't know what races you've been watching.

• aliciamanior
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Are you counting calories and using a food scale? That's where you should start. But that's still a dangerous amount for two weeks.

yes mam! 1200 calories a day.

• malibu927
    Options

Can you open up your diary?
  • aliciamanior
    Options

sure let me figure out how lol (newbie)
  • aliciamanior
    Options

sure let me figure out how lol (newbie)

Done.
  • aliciamanior
    Options

Oh look folks, we have a special snowflake here today. LOL

I'm sorry what does that mean exactly?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    At first glance, I can tell you you're probably eating more than 1200 calories per day. You're questimating portion sizes when you do log. Half of an Outback Caesar salad, for example. And then the rest of the days are blank. How do you know how much you're eating? Plus, you logged that you burned 229 calories jogging for 15 minutes. HIGHLY unlikely. Beware of exercise calories, I would suggest cutting that number in half.
  • malibu927
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think you're eating more than you think. There's an entire week you didn't log anything, a lot of homemade entries (are those yours or from the database?), little evidence that you're weighing your food, a lot of eating out (that isn't a huge problem, but it can mean major sodium intake/water retention)...start tightening up your logging by checking out these threads:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You did not lose 4 pounds in 3 days. for you to have lost 4 lbs in 3 days you would have had to ate 14,000 calories less than your TDEE. Not possible. My weight fluctuates 5-8 lbs at any given time during the month and that is all water. Stop weighing yourself every day, eat at a reasonable deficit (.5 lbs per week for the amount of weight you have left to lose) and track your measurements.