20/20 diet

Options

Replies

• Korriinn
    Korriinn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I never knew that this website was meant to bash peoples healthy eating efforts, I decided that I'm taking what food are in the book and using them to create my own plan. The book was free so it's not like I was "wasting my money". The diet mainly attracted me because it goes through learning to disassociate yourself with food and the need to constantly eat. Which, I found would be helpful. Can everyone stop the hate? Rather than bashing me, the diet, dr. phil, 19 year olds, people that do fad diets etc, how about "fad diets aren't for me but good luck" or "just do your research before committing yourself to a diet". That simple.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Korriinn wrote: »
    I never knew that this website was meant to bash peoples healthy eating efforts, I decided that I'm taking what food are in the book and using them to create my own plan. The book was free so it's not like I was "wasting my money". The diet mainly attracted me because it goes through learning to disassociate yourself with food and the need to constantly eat. Which, I found would be helpful. Can everyone stop the hate? Rather than bashing me, the diet, dr. phil, 19 year olds, people that do fad diets etc, how about "fad diets aren't for me but good luck" or "just do your research before committing yourself to a diet". That simple.

Who has bashed you?

People were being quite civil until you came in flaming people for not telling you what you wanted to hear. You get from the forums what you put into them.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Who has bashed you?

People were being quite civil until you came in flaming people for not telling you what you wanted to hear. You get from the forums what you put into them.

Exactly. Don't come here asking for PUBLIC OPINIONS, if you won't listen to them.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

You keep proving that you're not interested in honest assessments of the diet. Wishing somebody "good luck" on an patently foolish course of action is not support, it's enabling bad decisions ... there is a major difference. You were given a chance to learn, you chose to rant against those offering sound advice.

As I told you earlier:
    When it fails, remember how you crapped on those offering sound advice and pray they are willing to forgive your youthful indiscretion.

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    "You didn't tell me what I want to hear therefore I am a victim of bullying"

Why is this such a running thread in the last few days?
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

No one would be "bashing" you if Dr. Phil's diet was a healthy sustainable weight loss method.

People are telling you it's not. Can we move on now? Sheesh. Come back with an update for us in two months on your success with the 20/20 diet..... I'll wait.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options

...It's not healthy eating. It's disordered eating to restrict yourself so much.

All those cleanses, purges, detoxes, and flushes are just disordered eating in another form.

You want to "disassociate yourself with food and the need to constantly eat?" That's...either coming from an unhealthy place to start with (you're food obsessed/a binger) or is wanted to reach an unhealthy place (anorexia).

We all need to eat. Most of us eat too much. Many of us have sick, twisted relationships with food where we project moral or magical qualities onto them and onto the basic behavior of eating.

Eating is eating is eating. It's the other end of pooping. It's no more mystical or romantic than that, and you shouldn't get hung up too much on the details.

If you're hitting your realistic calorie goals and about half the volume you eat is green (or another fruit/veggie color), you're probably great. Seriously.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Also, this:

You: "Hey guys, I want to do this incredibly silly and possibly stupid thing! What do you think?"
    Us: "Don't do that thing."
    You: "Why won't you support me? Don't you care about me?"
    Us: "..."
  • buffalobill41
    buffalobill41 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i think her issue was probably that most people's responses were like "oh here's someone to talk down to because i'm so cool and smart". what they were trying to say in their own selfserving prickish way is that generally science doesn't support theories of foods working together to burn fat or calories or whatever. the way to lose weight seems to just be eat healthier lower calorie foods and eat less food altogether.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    i think her issue was probably that most people's responses were like "oh here's someone to talk down to because i'm so cool and smart". what they were trying to say in their own selfserving prickish way is that generally science doesn't support theories of foods working together to burn fat or calories or whatever. the way to lose weight seems to just be eat healthier lower calorie foods and eat less food altogether.

Please list the posts where you think people talked down on her.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

I'm also curious.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I am starting the 20/20 diet by Dr. Phil here within a few days, have ben working out and counting calories but no real results yet. Wanted to try something different to jumpstart the weight loss and help with the feeling of wanting to eat all the time! Anyone else do this diet?
    Answer: No
    Next question might be why?
    Because I have paid way to much of my hard earned cash on "diets" to still look and feel like this at retirement. If I am going to lose weight just to put it and more back on than I am going to do it for free.
    Current success down 30 pounds since March 8, 2015.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I'm also curious.

count me in the curious camp…

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Wow guys, I was asking if anyone has tried it or is doing it. If I wanted the bitching I'd call my mom! Lol well I know it is considered a fad diet but I don't care the diet foods are healthy and everything I should be eating anyways so why not? He has an exercise program that is included too, it's something different so again why not? I wont defend my choices guys, if you don't like it don't do it! hahah

So what exactly was the purpose of this thread? Just trying to hear a bunch of "You go girl!"s?

Clearly.

Absolutely not! I was wondering if anyone else tried it and if they did what did they think of it. If I wanted to just here that, id post something about how I am sticking to clean eating etc lol! I appreciate people taking their time to comment on here but it isn't necessary to be so negative! If you haven't tried the diet, don't comment! Period.

So you don't want to hear from people who recognize this is a foolish diet and avoid it ... just those who participate in foolish plans?

ahhh yes the MFP OP self validation post….

I could write a case study on this….
  • buffalobill41
    buffalobill41 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    most of the comments i guess, not you ndj. seemed like most people didn't read about it or mention anything in the diet itself and just kinda railed on it being from dr phil. maybe that was just the way i read them but it came off to me as people just kinda saying "ha this stupid noob is going to buy something from that fat moron on tv." it all just came off as more condescending than constructive to me.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I am starting the 20/20 diet by Dr. Phil here within a few days, have ben working out and counting calories but no real results yet. Wanted to try something different to jumpstart the weight loss and help with the feeling of wanting to eat all the time! Anyone else do this diet?
    Answer: No
    Next question might be why?
    Because I have paid way to much of my hard earned cash on "diets" to still look and feel like this at retirement. If I am going to lose weight just to put it and more back on than I am going to do it for free.
    Current success down 30 pounds since March 8, 2015.

Well done on your loss!!

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Nope, I do the Me Diet. But as far as getting started, switching to water and paying attention to portion sizes, calorie totals and how different food affect your hunger - it's a great way to start! IMO. :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

It seems that you are guilty of the acts you accuse others of committing. While others commented on the diet, you chose to comment about them.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

You are on the MyFitnessPal forums. The MFP plan is to count calories and eat less than you burn. Why would you be surprised that an absurd fad diet is not accepted here?

When it comes to weight loss, there are no evil foods and there are no magic foods, there is only food. Thinking that 20 food items have some super powers to cause you to lose weight is not true, not healthy, and not realistic.

There definitely are foods that are more nutritious and/or healthier than other foods, but that is not what this topic is about.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Please show me where someone bashed you for wanting to eat healthy? You do realize that there are ways to eat healthy and successfully lose weight that don't start with a book, a celebrity endorsement, or a named diet. You said yourself you know this is a fad diet but you want to eat healthy. Why not just do the latter? Eat a balanced diet that includes foods you like, helps you hit your nutrients, but allows room for treats, all the while maintaining a calorie deficit

If I said all that with a thick Texas accent and came up with some clever name, would it be more appealing?