Any fellow C25K'ers wanna be buddies?

Replies

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    I'm on week two, also on week 2 of Body Revolution. Add if you like. :)
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    I'm planning on starting this on Sunday when I get back from my vacation; I am ready to finally run that half marathon I was suppose to run last year. :neutral: Maybe this time around will be different! I am always open to new friends!
  • kaylag45
    kaylag45 Posts: 21 Member
    I just started C25K two weeks ago and I can already tell a difference in my running endurance. This is coming from someone who never ever ran before
  • Xo_c_e_b_xo
    Xo_c_e_b_xo Posts: 70 Member
    I need to start this , I have a 5k in September and I find running really hard ! I can do cross trainer no problem
    But on the running machine I really struggle
  • mandync5497
    mandync5497 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm on Week 5! Feel Free to add me!! First time c25k'er :)
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    ljs385 wrote: »
    (I don't want to inflict my running on the public at large just yet!) feel free to add me :smile:

You're funny.

I've done C25K twice. First time I had the goal to run a 5K; I hit my goal, then lost motivation. Then I did it again 6 months ago, and I'm still going.

When I started running, I didn't want to inflict my running on the public, either. I was 5'6" and almost 300 pounds. I was running slower than a 14 minute mile. And I kept STOPPING (for the walk intervals). I would run at night, and wear dark clothes. I hoped beyond hope that NOBODY would see me. I ESPECIALLY didn't want anybody to see me stop. I've come to realize that nobody thinks less of you. Just by getting off the couch and strapping on running shoes, you are doing more than most people you know.

So . . . please reconsider. Running outside is WAY more fun than on a treadmill. You would probably enjoy it much more.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    I've added you guys :) just started week 5 after work tonight. It went well :) i did it outside instead of the treadmill

On week two (only) but I'm loving this challenge! Sad I didn't start at the same time as everyone here though! Any advice from week three folks is greatly appreciated :smile:

Just take it 1 workout at a time x
    jos05 wrote: »
    I'm planning on starting this on Sunday when I get back from my vacation; I am ready to finally run that half marathon I was suppose to run last year. :neutral: Maybe this time around will be different! I am always open to new friends!

I also had to pull out of a half marathon this year cos i got that virus. I was up to 10 miles at xmas and now i'd struggle to do a mile lol

• PeanutbutterBang
    PeanutbutterBang Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2015
    I've added you guys :) just started week 5 after work tonight. It went well :) i did it outside instead of the treadmill

On week two (only) but I'm loving this challenge! Sad I didn't start at the same time as everyone here though! Any advice from week three folks is greatly appreciated :smile:

Just take it 1 workout at a time x
    jos05 wrote: »

I also had to pull out of a half marathon this year cos i got that virus. I was up to 10 miles at xmas and now i'd struggle to do a mile lol

Thanks frustratedyoyoer! Jos05 OK if I add you too? :smile:
  • PeanutbutterBang
    PeanutbutterBang Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2015
    DaveAkeman, I 100% agree about running outside. It's great to have the treadmill at the gym for when it's too late / dangerous to get my run in outside... But the great outdoors are where we all hope to run our 5k eventually, so apart from the fun aspect, from a training point of view I think it is quite different too.
    Best of luck to everyone doing this!

Peanut
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    I see a lot of people have been posting. How is everyone doing? I had family staying last week and had to put running on hold. Started back with Week 2 today. Everyone feel free to add me and stay motivated!!
  • TexasPatriot
    People that have done the C25K before; are you doing anything differently this time? I live in South Texas and it's always to hot to be outside. This time I'm running outside instead of a treadmill.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    I'm doing the same as what I did last time. I did have to run outside for one of the runs tho cos the gym was closed. Did Week 5 Day 2 before this work this morning. It starts to get serious next run lol
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    I run at the gym because my city is not very runner-friendly. Super helpful. I just make sure to keep a 2% incline so the treadmill doesn't pull me along too much to make it too easy.
  • TexasPatriot
    ...my city is not very runner-friendly.

Yeah the same here. When I get up in time on the C25K I'll have to get creative on my runs.

• Weiser7
    Weiser7 Posts: 6 Member
    Just started C25K last week, my next go will be week 2, day 3, and I have to say I'm loving it so far. I haven't been running for 8 years and it's nice to be pushing forward to that goal again. This week (week 2) has been easy but I'm nervous for the coming weeks. Did any of you struggle with longer run times?

Oh, and feel free to add me :)
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Feel free to add me. Just mention c25k.
  • mumidebba
    mumidebba Posts: 7 Member
    Hi, I move on to week 6 tomorrow
    Boy was the last run of week 5 hard?
    Running for general fitness and to shift a stone in weight plonked on from Xmas & beyong
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    I am trying the c25k again, I have started a few times before but never from the beginning and never to the end! This time I am taking it seriously and started from W1D1 sort of in conjunction with the #rwrunstreak that started end of May. I have definitely noticed a difference with doing it from the start and am up to W4D3 tonight. I am doing it on my treadmill at odd hours as I work full time and ride horses 5 times a week (full training not just a leisurely hack) and have noticed a big change in my cardio. Some nights are harder then others I am working on increasing my speed but think with the longer run portions coming up that will drop back down to 11+ min miles. I would really like to be at the 27-29min 5km time by the end of the season. Not interested in doing any more then 5km........ at the moment :) I am doing this predominately to help progress my riding, weight loss would be fantastic and for better overall health as i get older :(.

would love to have others to keep me honest!
  • tho2004_418
    tho2004_418 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm almost finished the C2K program on the treadmill but as soon as I started running outside it felt like I was close to the beginning of the program. I'm training for the Terry Fox 5K run in September so I'm going to start training outside permanently. Need motivation.
  • Margie2210
    Margie2210 Posts: 20 Member
    People that have done the C25K before; are you doing anything differently this time? I live in South Texas and it's always to hot to be outside. This time I'm running outside instead of a treadmill.

TexasPatriot - I did the C25k program about two years ago and at my peak was running 5-6 miles at a time - but slowly. I have been away from running for more than a year, so now I am doing a "modified C25k" or at least that is what I am calling it! I am trying to get my running intervals to a 8-9 minute/mile pace, but my legs seem to be happiest moving at the 10-12 minute pace - ha ha. I am writing out my workouts and other things (mostly to keep myself accountable and also to share) at merrymargaretmoves.wordpress.com