getting started in the morning what is a good breakfast

Options
I have a physically demanding job I'm outside all day long what is a good recommendation for healthy breakfast.to help me sustain my energy level through the day I'm 37 years old 247 pounds I was 265 trying to sustain my energy levels through
the Texas heat

Replies

• CateWright1
    CateWright1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started a weight loss plan together- he is about your size (27 years old, 285 lbs, 6 foot 2) and works in a very busy, hot kitchen. I make shakes in the morning with protein powder and almond milk that has extra protein added in. You can use really any protein powder that is (a) low-calorie (b) low in sugar and (c) high in protein. The 365 brand Whole Foods whey powder is pretty good. We supplement this with fruit for a filling breakfast that is under 300 calories. We occasionally add some whole grains and veggies (a piece of toast with 1/4 avocado is a quick choice) if we are feeling super hungry, or you could just add some low-calorie spinach or kale to the shake if you want some extra nutrients. This usually keeps him full from 8:30-11:30 and then he will eat a snack before lunch.
  • jaketaylor1391
    jaketaylor1391 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Alot of water, 4-6 egg whites, some form of high nutrient cereal like special k or raisin brand and i would say some fruits and turkey sausage. If you burn alot of calories during your job and work long hours then i would replace the eggwhites and turkey sausage with 3ish eggs and regular sausage
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I like hard boiled eggs and fruit. Additionally, I like pre-cooking a package of bacon; easy to throw that in a paper towel, and reheat in the microwave. I also made and froze breakfast sandwiches way back when; you can cook eggs in an oversized muffin pan in the oven until fully cooked, put it between an english muffin, and top with bacon or sausage, cheese, and any additional toppings you want. They freeze well, and reheat quickly in the microwave.
  • marbixd
    marbixd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use 200 ml coconut milk,2 weetabix biscuits, oats (40gr)(I personally use quaker oats with apple and blueberry which has about 130 calories), 1 tsp of cocoa, a pinch of vanilla extract and cinnamon and I put it in the microwave..it becomes great!It has about 340 calories and it is really filling!for some more energy you could also add a banana! :smile:
  • matuskap
    matuskap Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I had best energy levels when i was eating hotdogs for breakfast. I used a lot of mustard, coffee and a high quaity sausage. It had about 30% of my daily fat intake but it was very filling, yet not too had on stomach so i would have problems doing heavy work. If i ever ate any carb oriented meal i would be hungry too fast. E.g.: i could eat 800 kcal worth of cereals, but i was crazy hungry 2 hours later.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    matuskap wrote: »
    I had best energy levels when i was eating hotdogs for breakfast. I used a lot of mustard, coffee and a high quaity sausage. It had about 30% of my daily fat intake but it was very filling, yet not too had on stomach so i would have problems doing heavy work. If i ever ate any carb oriented meal i would be hungry too fast. E.g.: i could eat 800 kcal worth of cereals, but i was crazy hungry 2 hours later.

This actually sounds phenomenal, haha.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything until noon since I've found that way of eating to work better for me.

That said, I wouldn't suggest cereal as for most people, it isn't very filling and the full feeling is short lived.

Oatmeal has a higher fiber content and will keep you going. You could make overnight oats with greek yogurt for more protein, I personally thought this was disgusting.

Homemade mcmuffins: eggs, sausage, cheese on an English muffin or Arnold sandwich thin.

Greek yogurt mixed with PB and an apple or banana is filling, for me at least.

You're gonna have to test a bunch of *kitten* out to figure out how much and what keeps you going until your next break for food.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins are my new 'thing'; absolutely love them!

Choose what you would like in your 'muffins'; I usually go for chorizo, sometimes sausage, peppers, onions, spinach, etc.-basically, anything you would put in an omelette.

Crack some eggs into a bowl, add salt, pepper, bit of milk-however you prefer your eggs.

Place the ingredients you have chosen to go into your muffins in a muffin cake tin, then pour the egg mixture on top until the 'muffin cup' is filled.

Bake on 180C (170 with a fan assisted oven) for 20-25 minutes and viola!

I made them this morning; took five minutes to prepare, and then I could finish getting ready for work whilst they were in the oven. I used two eggs and it made four muffins. They are super tasty, you can really get experimental on them, low in calories, high in protein, easy to carry around with you and will also keep in the fridge for a few days. Most definitely me favourite 'go-to' breakfast at the moment :)
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Egg and egg white dishes. Protien shakes. If you need more explosive power include more carbs.