Giving up

Options
13»

Replies

• karacasale5
    karacasale5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    No because I make room in my diet for all types of foods and do not restrict anything.

I envy you! I wouldnt be able to do that, i have a problem where i wouldnt stop eating
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    sure, almost everyone loses motivation at one point or another

just keep at it
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No because I make room in my diet for all types of foods and do not restrict anything.

I envy you! I wouldnt be able to do that, i have a problem where i wouldnt stop eating

You will get there... nothing to envy at all. I have plenty of days where I didn't stop eating. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme as this is for life.
  • katorala
    katorala Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Some times I want to eat what I want to eat. Then I stop and say I'm gonna have to put it in the food diary, so I don't. There is something about having to write and account for everything that just does it for me. Originally the plan put me at 1400 calories but I felt nothing was coming off so I went to 1200. Over the past two months I've lost 15 lbs. I do that by drinking a glass of water before each meal. I always carry a water bottle around with me. I have knocked out the fat when I'm cooking (and I love to cook) I use Pam spray or the store version with everything from eggs to lunch meat to dinner. Once a day I use olive oil to prepare food or in salad dressing just so I'm not miserable in the rest room the next day. No sugered drinks. AT ALL. I drink water or unsweetened Ice tea with lemon, seltzer and Bai-5 if I want something with fiz. Smaller plates make me feel like I'm eating more. Also, lunch is either left overs (carefully weighed) or lunch meat which is about one slice/one ounce which I can get small amounts of protein without having to make a whole meal. Makes lunch simple. Also get used to "half" of anything that you order in a restaurant. If I get a hamburger I cut it in half and take the other half home for lunch tomorrow. It helps that my husband is on it as well and he happily puts in his meal counts because he has 800 more calories than I do and he is always under when he eats the foods I'm eating. I also find replacing the fat with seasoning blends has been great. I'm not hungry. The food tastes great and no complaints from hubby. We do a once a week meal where we can go out and get what ever we want but we still log it in even if it puts us over our calorie goal. Finally we go for a walk before the dinner meal. Now that the weather is nice it gets us moving and digestion is great. I am diabetic and my recent blood work came back fantastic! Never believed it was possible to get my numbers under control but they are! You can do it. Just remember it didn't come on overnight and it's no going to go away overnight. Slow and steady wins the race. Chin up! Tomorrow is another day, just turn the page and start again.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    MFP set me at 1600 but i try to do 1200 and i work in a per store snd stock the shelves 40 hours a week so sometimes my exercise outways my calorie intake, im gonna take a look in your diary. Thanks again

1200 at 20 years old? Wow, this could be a huge part of why you're feeling like you are. A small salad for work lunch at what sounds like it's a active job. Why do you feel you need to eat 400 cals below your set goal on MFP? That would be hard for me to stay motivated too if I only ate 1200 cals. Even with 15 lbs to lose 1200 might be too low for your body.. sometimes boosting the cals is exactly what gets us out of a plateau.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Yes we all go through it at one time or another. The joy for me this time I I am not quitting. Every other time when things got tough I quit.
    Keep at it an you will once again get motivated. there are so many great people on this site to keep me going
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    alykief wrote: »
    YES! I get so frustrated at times. Seeing physical changes and feeling healthier is good motivation. But yesterday was a "bad" day for me. I felt bloated, skipped the gym because I had to complete some homework and to top it all off I got two swim suits that I ordered and was looking forward to "looking great in" and in reality they were both huge (which a lot of people would say is a good thing, but it just made me feel like crap about my body). BUT that gave me even more motivation to get out to the gym today and continue sticking to my meal plans - just have to buy different bikinis LOL. Keep your head up and stay positive! Commitment and consistency are key.

Bikini season sucks!! I put one on the other day and was told i still have a "pouch" , the second i felt decent in something my entire attitude changed again! I dont go to a gym since my job is all physical labor, but im starting to rethink that idea.

It looks worst to you though because of the posture you stand in to see it... If you're stood up straight the pooch looks smaller but you sort of bend to see it making it look worse.
    Long story short, it's not as bad as you fear! :smile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    MFP set me at 1600 but i try to do 1200 and i work in a per store snd stock the shelves 40 hours a week so sometimes my exercise outways my calorie intake, im gonna take a look in your diary. Thanks again

1200 at 20 years old? Wow, this could be a huge part of why you're feeling like you are. A small salad for work lunch at what sounds like it's a active job. Why do you feel you need to eat 400 cals below your set goal on MFP? That would be hard for me to stay motivated too if I only ate 1200 cals. Even with 15 lbs to lose 1200 might be too low for your body.. sometimes boosting the cals is exactly what gets us out of a plateau.

Co signed... Find out your correct calorie intake goes a long way.
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was eating under my calorie goal and not really losing much at all. Went to a nutritionist and found out I was not eating enough calories. She told me what I should be eating calorie-wise and since making the appropriate adjustments in MFP I have started losing. I don't look for big/quick drops in weight as my doctor advised to only lose 1/2 to 1 pound per week for the healthiest weight loss and sustainability. He said doing it slowly and keeping it off is more important than losing it quick and then re-gaining it. Sounds like you are pretty active just with your job. I'd say you really aren't eating enough calories for your body and that will definitely slow your weight loss. Good luck on your journey! :smiley:
  • karacasale5
    Options
    katorala wrote: »
    Some times I want to eat what I want to eat. Then I stop and say I'm gonna have to put it in the food diary, so I don't. There is something about having to write and account for everything that just does it for me. Originally the plan put me at 1400 calories but I felt nothing was coming off so I went to 1200. Over the past two months I've lost 15 lbs. I do that by drinking a glass of water before each meal. I always carry a water bottle around with me. I have knocked out the fat when I'm cooking (and I love to cook) I use Pam spray or the store version with everything from eggs to lunch meat to dinner. Once a day I use olive oil to prepare food or in salad dressing just so I'm not miserable in the rest room the next day. No sugered drinks. AT ALL. I drink water or unsweetened Ice tea with lemon, seltzer and Bai-5 if I want something with fiz. Smaller plates make me feel like I'm eating more. Also, lunch is either left overs (carefully weighed) or lunch meat which is about one slice/one ounce which I can get small amounts of protein without having to make a whole meal. Makes lunch simple. Also get used to "half" of anything that you order in a restaurant. If I get a hamburger I cut it in half and take the other half home for lunch tomorrow. It helps that my husband is on it as well and he happily puts in his meal counts because he has 800 more calories than I do and he is always under when he eats the foods I'm eating. I also find replacing the fat with seasoning blends has been great. I'm not hungry. The food tastes great and no complaints from hubby. We do a once a week meal where we can go out and get what ever we want but we still log it in even if it puts us over our calorie goal. Finally we go for a walk before the dinner meal. Now that the weather is nice it gets us moving and digestion is great. I am diabetic and my recent blood work came back fantastic! Never believed it was possible to get my numbers under control but they are! You can do it. Just remember it didn't come on overnight and it's no going to go away overnight. Slow and steady wins the race. Chin up! Tomorrow is another day, just turn the page and start again.

Havent had anything but water to drink in 3 weeks, my skin is super clear! Congratulations on getting your numbers under control that is awesome. Im gonna try some of the things you listed to do and maybe ill feel better
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    wwh140 wrote: »
    I was eating under my calorie goal and not really losing much at all. Went to a nutritionist and found out I was not eating enough calories. She told me what I should be eating calorie-wise and since making the appropriate adjustments in MFP I have started losing. I don't look for big/quick drops in weight as my doctor advised to only lose 1/2 to 1 pound per week for the healthiest weight loss and sustainability. He said doing it slowly and keeping it off is more important than losing it quick and then re-gaining it. Sounds like you are pretty active just with your job. I'd say you really aren't eating enough calories for your body and that will definitely slow your weight loss. Good luck on your journey! :smiley:
    I had the same experience earlier this week. I saw a nutritionist and she just told me the same thing my trainer did. Ex: If a person works out and burns 1000 calories or more, MFP says you have "earned" more calories to eat that day. I used to ignore this advice and keep under my caloric goal. I wasn't losing weight. I was yoyo-ing 5 lbs up, 5 lbs down for a long time. Now I am not afraid to eat back at least 1/2 of those calories, and I have hope of success. I am still in the experimental stage, and I will know at months end if my strategy works or not.
  • karacasale5
    Options

Maybe ill start to eat more to boost my calories, healthy food but maybe a little more of it!!
  • karacasale5
    Options

Co signed... Find out your correct calorie intake goes a long way.

Your the 3rd person who said that, im gonna try to eat more calories during the day time, maybe more protein at lunch at work to see if it helps with anything. I know i need more recipes because im over the same old stuff
  • karacasale5
    Options
    FitFroglet wrote: »
    alykief wrote: »
    YES! I get so frustrated at times. Seeing physical changes and feeling healthier is good motivation. But yesterday was a "bad" day for me. I felt bloated, skipped the gym because I had to complete some homework and to top it all off I got two swim suits that I ordered and was looking forward to "looking great in" and in reality they were both huge (which a lot of people would say is a good thing, but it just made me feel like crap about my body). BUT that gave me even more motivation to get out to the gym today and continue sticking to my meal plans - just have to buy different bikinis LOL. Keep your head up and stay positive! Commitment and consistency are key.

Bikini season sucks!! I put one on the other day and was told i still have a "pouch" , the second i felt decent in something my entire attitude changed again! I dont go to a gym since my job is all physical labor, but im starting to rethink that idea.

It looks worst to you though because of the posture you stand in to see it... If you're stood up straight the pooch looks smaller but you sort of bend to see it making it look worse.
    Long story short, it's not as bad as you fear! :smile:

Thank you! That made me feel better
  • karacasale5
    Options
    I had the same experience earlier this week. I saw a nutritionist and she just told me the same thing my trainer did. Ex: If a person works out and burns 1000 calories or more, MFP says you have "earned" more calories to eat that day. I used to ignore this advice and keep under my caloric goal. I wasn't losing weight. I was yoyo-ing 5 lbs up, 5 lbs down for a long time. Now I am not afraid to eat back at least 1/2 of those calories, and I have hope of success. I am still in the experimental stage, and I will know at months end if my strategy works or not.

Im thinking of finding a trainer and a nutritionist. I cant seem to eat half those calories back, by the time im done working out its late, ill have to start eating more throughout the day
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I've felt like that many times. What I find best is to reevaluate things, sort your priorities and be as productive as you can. Does any laundry need done ? (towels, bedsheets, etc) When's the last time you went through photos and threw out the ones that have no meaning to you, or are bad quality (thumb in photo, horrible selfie etc).

Also change your surroundings ! Sleep in the living room or guest room, or even drive a few towns out and sleep in a hotel for a few nights.
  • karacasale5
    Options
    I've felt like that many times. What I find best is to reevaluate things, sort your priorities and be as productive as you can. Does any laundry need done ? (towels, bedsheets, etc) When's the last time you went through photos and threw out the ones that have no meaning to you, or are bad quality (thumb in photo, horrible selfie etc).

Also change your surroundings ! Sleep in the living room or guest room, or even drive a few towns out and sleep in a hotel for a few nights.

Wow thats a great idea! I never thought to do that, i just did laundry last night so maybe ill take a ride down to the shore and stay the weekend!
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    I feel defeated. I have been exercising and the scale never changes. I feel tired I have no energy. I had more energy when I just ate whatever I wanted. This in conjunction with all the people I friended losing weight and I am not makes me want to quit and just get used to the fact I can't change.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of giving up, you can reassess?

For weight loss to happen you have to be eating at a deficit. Exercise helps by burning more calories and that allows you to either A. Eat more or B. Have a larger deficit. However if you are not eating at a deficit, no matter how much you exercise, you won't lose weight. It's also really easy to think you are eating at a deficit but be slightly off on your portions. That's why so many here use a food scale.

I hope you stick with it. Feel free to friend me if you wants some extra support. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it's not just about exercising. exercising helps but it's more important to know you are eating at a deficit. if you aren't at a deficit you will not loose. doesn't matter how much exercise you do