Honest opinions please

Options

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You look how you look. I'd suggest lifting weights at maintenance if you don't mind slowly recomping or lift at a deficit to lose fat more quickly while you do it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Lifting, a good, full body program, will target the core and abs. It will help some, but there's no magic solution. Some of us carry weight in the middle, some in our hips and thighs. Don't focus too much on the scale number. Improve you fitness or endurance and start lifting. It helps change the mindset from "weight on the scale" to "performance and what the body is capable of".
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Do you seriously have weed on your dresser? LOL

Anyways, i don't know how tall you are. But if you're unhappy, why not lose more?

100% thought thats what that was lol
  • mqmomma
    mqmomma Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here are a few better pictures.

So you say I should just work on weights and skip running? I am a avid runner.

zi449xvaf5be.jpg
    o53l3g8o2x72.jpg
  • jemhh
    Options
    Run if you want to. Don't run if you don't want to.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    mqmomma wrote: »
    Here are a few better pictures.

So you say I should just work on weights and skip running? I am a avid runner.

zi449xvaf5be.jpg
    o53l3g8o2x72.jpg

I think you look no more than 125!

If you like running-run!

If you want to tone up your stomach then just add weights to your running program or some other form of strength training.

But honestly, you look your weight to me. I don't see the hang up you do.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Oh, never mind. You look great! Yes, if you're an avid runner, keep running!

Adding a lifting routine is always a good idea, though.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice the bag on the dresser until someone pointed it out... So, I had to go back and look again. My screen is not the greatest in the world, but i decided after about 5 seconds of looking that is was some kind of rope... and not a hemp rope.... LOL... A few posts later and my thoughts were confirmed.... I think you look amazing and the poster above who said many would kill for that bod was correct.... We are all our own worst critic.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Looks like you just want to show off your body.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options

She might want to. Sure. What a random comment.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Well, there are people who post pictures of themselves just for attention or to fish for compliments, but in my opinion, I don't think that's the case with this one. I think she was more unnerved by one inaccurate comment. No one should be commenting on someone's weight anyway, and when it isn't what you want to hear (or know it's not accurate) it can throw you off a bit. That's my take on it anyway.
  • jemhh
    Options
    OP, has it been a long time since you were at a similar weight? I think that you may just have a skewed view of what 12X looks like at your height. I know that for me it is hard to imagine what certain weights look like at my height. I went from very thin late teens/early twenties to overweight mid twenties and thirties and didn't spend enough time at a healthy weight to really create a memory of what I looked like at that point. So when I started losing weight I really had no idea what I would end up looking like when I got to my goal weight or even near it.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Well, there are people who post pictures of themselves just for attention or to fish for compliments, but in my opinion, I don't think that's the case with this one. I think she was more unnerved by one inaccurate comment. No one should be commenting on someone's weight anyway, and when it isn't what you want to hear (or know it's not accurate) it can throw you off a bit. That's my take on it anyway.

Fishing for compliments is a bad thing? People like attention. That's a pretty normal, totally not shame-worthy thing.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Are you happy? If not, do something that will achieve what you're looking for. If you are, keep on keeping on. Throw the damn scale away.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Most people have no idea how much someone else weighs, so I wouldn't waste time worrying that you might not "look your weight." I can't recall ever looking at someone and wanting to guess their weight. I can't tell my own weight +/- 10 lbs by looking at myself.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

But she specifically asked for people to comment on her weight. Unfortunately, you are putting yourself out there to hear things you may not want to, but that is the risk you take when you ask for people's honest opinions.

The fact that it only took one comment to unnerve shows a lack of self esteem; OP, i agree (from experience) with everyone who says try lifting weights. I am similar to you, i carry all my weight in that area, and i have really noticed a difference since i started lifting.
  • pasandoval
    pasandoval Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    you look good. like a normal woman. this is a good thing. obviously if you want to look different or better in your eyes then go for it. but you look good.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Do you seriously have weed on your dresser? LOL

Anyways, i don't know how tall you are. But if you're unhappy, why not lose more?

Wow... don't assume...
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Tbh the pics were poor and unhelpful. you dont look fat.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine. I'm glad you aren't looking to lose more weight but 'tone up' with what you have :wink:

In all honesty, I think your posture may be the biggest thing affecting how your tummy looks. A lot of people don't stand really well, and it can add a great deal of tummy appearance. Make sure you are "pulling" your spine up out of your pelvis; it will lengthen your spine (okay, not really add length, but vertically it will make it look longer because of less curve) and change the angle of the pelvic girdle. Tighten your core muscles to help support this posture. You might be surprised at the difference it makes!