• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Not when thirst can be misunderstood as hunger cues
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I'd ask for a refund because if they are teaching that sausages and pork chops count as fluid intake, there is something not right lol. Almost all food has water in it, so why single these out?

This is not a comprehensive list. Obviously there are other foods that have high water content - melons for example.
  • mom2kpr
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    amy_kee wrote: »
    I agree that 64 oz day is just a guide. For example, people in certain climates even need more per day. I realize you have a nice, new text book and you value it highly. It's just something that people decided was good at the time the text was written. I still disagree with you and will continue to disagree. The RD that helped me was practical and didn't try to complicate things.

I think your RD is merely simplifying things

It's true that the whole you must drink x amount is fallacious. We get hydrated by foods as well as drink. Water is easy cos it's zero calories but every drink and food counts

Drink if you're thirsty, check your urine colour is a good enough guide to adequate hydration

This.
  • mom2kpr
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    I actually like it when someone posts info like this. I hate water for the most part but I also dislike other cold beverages. I do drink like 5 big cups of tea a day now and have always wondered how much "water" you are getting from other foods to keep hydrated. Thanks OP!

Your welcome.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i count water as water. i guess a powedered mix (though i dont use them) would count.

anything else is ...what it is. soda is soda. coffee is coffee. food is food.

do we get hydration from other sources? of course. but that doesnt mean it should be logged as WATER.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    i count water as water. i guess a powedered mix (though i dont use them) would count. anything else is ...what it is. soda is soda. coffee is coffee. food is food.

do we get hydration from other sources? of course. but that doesnt mean it should be logged as WATER.

Well, the good news is you can log it any way you like, because it really doesn't matter. :drinker:
  • Cthululululu
    Cthululululu Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    From what I've always been told, if you're thirsty you're in the beginning of dehydration.
    Drink water consistently throughout the day to avoid that.

Then again, I also live in Florida. Constant hydration or heatstroke are my options.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    i count water as water. i guess a powedered mix (though i dont use them) would count. anything else is ...what it is. soda is soda. coffee is coffee. food is food.

Well, the good news is you can log it any way you like, because it really doesn't matter. :drinker:

He speaks the truth.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I dont think everyone else is overcomplicating, % overcomplicate.

Simply look at the colour of your urine to see if you are hydrated or not. Its not hard otherwise about 2l or 1.6l of fluids as a general guidleline that includes things other than water (excluding alcohol) is cool. If you exercise you need more. Tbh OP I thought you were overcomplicating it.