What Do You Put In Your Omelette?

Options
hush7hush
hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
I want to make some stellar omelettes in the morning.
But the thing is, I don't know what to put in them, other than cheese.

Actually, I don't even know how to make one.
But I can make a scrambler! [:

Note: Allergic to tomatoes.

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    brocoli,mushrooms,peppers,onions are a few things i put in.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    onions, mushrooms, and herbs (thyme, rosemary, oregano)
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I like zucchini, yellow squash, gold zucchini (if I can get it), jalapenos, mushrooms, ham. Not all at once ;)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You can put anything you like in it. I like spinach and cheese. Sometimes I try hashbrowns and cheese. Or try hashbrowns, sausage and cheese. Go wild. Just make sure you check the calorie count before you try it.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Any leftovers.....shrimp, roast, green beans, broccoli, shrooms, turkey pepperoni....many possibilities!!!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    LOOOOVE omelettes! They are a dinner staple for me. My favorite things to put in one are avocado slices, a wedge of laughing cow cheese (cut up of course), regular cheese... and then some salsa on top, but you might want to skip the salsa if you are allergic to tomatoes, haha. You could also throw in some black beans, any veggies you like - oh, spinach is always good!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I like adding diced tomatoes in my omelette.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    ham, onions, peppers, cheese...topped with salsa!

turkey, cheese, mushrooms....

anything works - use your imagination!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Tomato, Turkey Meat, Cheese, Onions, Peppers...if we have leftovers like steamed veggies I will throw them in to
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I love omelettes! I put some mushrooms, onions, spinach, bell peppers, and ham slices with just a bit of cheese. Delicious!! Sometimes I'll even put in a little bacon.
  • kcalli0429
    kcalli0429 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    spinach, asparagus, left over steak, onions, peppers, mushrooms, yum !
  • ariesangel
    ariesangel Posts: 15
    Options
    i have been known to use diced tomatoes or halved cherry/grape tomatoes, mushrooms (fresh sliced button mushrooms are really good but canned/jarred mushrooms work just as well), cheese, bell pepper, onions, chopped fresh baby spinach, chopped cooked bacon or REAL bacon bits (not imitation!)
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    mushrooms, green onions, asparagus in egg white omelet. YUM
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    a little raw spinach leaves...mushrooms...sliced red pepper (sweeter than the green)...ham, turkey....asparagus...(yes I'm throwing green vegetables at you lol)

sad you can't eat tomatoes... :(
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I love omelettes as well.
    Onion, peppers, (NO)tomatoes:laugh:, ham, bacon, cheese. I like some new ideas I heard.

Ok, to add onto question.
    I've always mixed my extra's with the eggs/egg whites and then in the pan, cook, flip and then cheese and fold.
    When I was growing up I used to cook the egg separate, then flip and then put my other stuff in the middle and fold it over.

SO lots of great idea's...... do you also mix in with egg, or put in center.?
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    there are no rules. It's anything you like. I do mushrooms, onions spinach and tomatoes, sometimes with cheese and sometimes without.
  • milaxx
    Options
    Lol.
    I like how people STILL said tomatoes.
    because the topic said
    TOPIC: What Do You Put In Your Omelette?
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Sometimes reading the starting post helps, too, you know.
  • milaxx
    Options
    doesn't negate the question. People aren't telling the OP to put them in her omelet, they are answering the question