What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Today at the doctor's office, the nurse stared and stared and stared and stared at me. Finally she blurted out "look at your waist, it's so....TINY!" :)

ME....with a visible waist. I know I am just shy of halfway to my goal, and that it only gets harder and slower. But boy do I feel like million bucks. And I am wearing my size large juicy pants again. My OLD pants.

I might not be lighter, but I am smaller!
  • MrsGTred
    MrsGTred Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really struggle shaving my armpits. They're too hollow! There are bits I simply can't get too.

When I was heavier this was never a problem as enough flesh helped all areas to be easy access.
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Waist is less than 29"!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Pouring rain last night but walked anyway. Soggy but didn't melt!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I can fit towels all the way around my body, without any gaps showing my goods off!!!
  • Gena_Beana
    Gena_Beana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    No more plus size shopping.

This too! I have been spending entirely too much money on clothes, but I'm giving myself permission!

• 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It was my birthday yesterday and in the card my daughter gave me she said how proud she was of me for the changes I have made in the past year and that I look 20 years younger! Keeps me motivated for sure!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    0505jen wrote: »
    It was my birthday yesterday and in the card my daughter gave me she said how proud she was of me for the changes I have made in the past year and that I look 20 years younger! Keeps me motivated for sure!

That's awesome!
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Moved in another notch on my belt
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Got so busy at work today that I couldn't go out for a colleague's good bye lunch and had nothing to eat. I avoided the vending machine of death and local pizzeria, and waited until I got home to eat a late lunch. There have been times when I thought I might die if I didn't eat every 3 hours. Not anymore.
  • twiigo
    twiigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I didn't bog down the treadmill when I walked on it today. Lol Walk/ran 45 minutes straight!!
  • amk165
    amk165 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mowed the lawn and enjoyed it!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My emotional eating has ceased completely. Now when I'm mad or sad I journal or "feel the feels" and move on. :)
  • aenglert_04
    aenglert_04 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Gena_Beana wrote: »
    I'm so excited, I have an NSV to report!! My insurance requires overweight people to enroll in these coaching sessions to manage your weight to get "points" that basically reduce the cost of your insurance. They base it on a number of factors, but I had to enroll for high cholesterol and high BMI. Today, I was able to have an "early graduation" because the coach said my results thus far have exceeded the program expectations & therefore, I do not have to complete the coaching sessions and I get the points. I don't know why, but I have tears of joy. To have someone acknowledge this small success (I have a long way to go) seems to be the greatest joy I have felt in such a long time. She asked if I wanted to still call back, I joked and said "why not, it's my free time to brag about myself!!" LOL! But, I probably won't call back, since I don't have to.

Congrats! This is amazing!
  • aenglert_04
    aenglert_04 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have started a new routine... there is an Applebee's 1.7 miles from my home. I've been (once a week) walking there, having dinner. and walking back. My weekly splurge keeps me on track the rest of the days. Getting in a good 3.4 mile walk doesn't hurt either!

• tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I find compliments from my kids are my favorite.
    0505jen wrote: »

• AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been better at listening to my body. I actually upped my calorie goal because I had been really tired and fatigued. I have been working out a lot (Im at the tail end of half marathon training, so lots of running...) but as a rule I dont eat back my exercise cals. So I upped my goal a little and I'm feeling much better and have also learned to eat some cals back on long run days. for me this is big progress! It also helped me bust through a mini plateau, which is a bonus!
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The last nonstop mile I ran was the hot chocolate 5k in November 2012. Today I went out with a goal of running 1/2 mile and felt good so I ran a full mile. It was 13:18 pace so not fast at all, but I did it! I've been pondering doing c25k again but decided to just try running on my own and am glad I did because I wouldn't have reached this point until the end of July!

I started walking on may 25 and making sure I get 10-15k steps/day. I ran 1/2 mile inside at the gym twice last week and decided to move my run outside because I feel so artificial running inside!

I feel ready to sign up for a 5k now!
  • reese00s
    reese00s Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can finally wear my wedding AND engagement ring.... I haven't worn the ering for a long time and was a goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!