Is this Healthy?

Options
13»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Technically you will lose weight on this calorie count, but it's awfully unbalanced (nutritionally speaking).

You Brits and your flapjacks.... So jealous. ;_; I'm still waiting for them to catch on here (and NO oatbars DO NOT COUNT.)

Hmmm. Had to look this up, as I always thought a flapjack was just a pancake. Yet another way for Americans and Brits to miscommunicate while ostensibly speaking the same language (pudding, biscuit, chips, pants, rubber....) (sorry, it does seem like the more risque examples stick in the memory)

Off to google flapjack now. I always thought it was a pancake too :huh:

• Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Technically you will lose weight on this calorie count, but it's awfully unbalanced (nutritionally speaking).

You Brits and your flapjacks.... So jealous. ;_; I'm still waiting for them to catch on here (and NO oatbars DO NOT COUNT.)

Hmmm. Had to look this up, as I always thought a flapjack was just a pancake. Yet another way for Americans and Brits to miscommunicate while ostensibly speaking the same language (pudding, biscuit, chips, pants, rubber....) (sorry, it does seem like the more risque examples stick in the memory)

Me too. Seems it's what we call a granola bar in the US. Interesting!

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Amerielle wrote: »

Me too. Seems it's what we call a granola bar in the US. Interesting!

Still grains, sugar and very little redeeming nutritional value. Not MUCH different from a pancake, really.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Thank you! My dad always called pancakes flapjacks, so that was my assumption too.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Rubber- eraser
    Bonnet- Hood
    Boot- Trunk
    Thongs- flip flops
    Biscuits- cookies
    Lollies- candy
    Soft drink- soda/pop
    Bum- fanny
    Fanny- womens undercarriage bits lol

These are just a few Australian to American translations off the top of my head. :D
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Did you have butter on your potatoes? Or gravy? Add the sauces.
  • Vicki685
    Vicki685 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You could always add a few quorn based meals to up your protein. The ready meals are pretty tasty, large, and low cal.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    From what I remember of meals in college cafeterias, if you really are eating the calories you think then your portions must be tiny. I had a flapjack for breakfast the other day at it was over 400 cals for 1 serving. Aside from all the great info that people have given you on nutrition here, I don't think your calorie counting is accurate at all.
  • Zaytex
    Zaytex Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your all making judgements on a single day of food. Like I previously stated, I have ate salad's and fruit's in the past, and Yesterday I didn't have a range of selection, and therefore had these types of foods. At the Cafeteria, there is no fruit, only a salad. However, I didn't have enough money for a salad...

For example today, I skipped breakfast (Out of it), had Fruit for lunch, which was around 70-100 calories, and just then had a Cheese sandwich with mayonaise, Cheese has a alot of protein. Infact I eat more protein than you give me credit for. I apologize if I have given a lack of my information.

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Zaytex wrote: »
    Your all making judgements on a single day of food. Like I previously stated, I have ate salad's and fruit's in the past, and Yesterday I didn't have a range of selection, and therefore had these types of foods. At the Cafeteria, there is no fruit, only a salad. However, I didn't have enough money for a salad...

For example today, I skipped breakfast (Out of it), had Fruit for lunch, which was around 70-100 calories, and just then had a Cheese sandwich with mayonaise, Cheese has a alot of protein. Infact I eat more protein than you give me credit for. I apologize if I have given a lack of my information.

28g of cheese has 7g protein and about 115 calories.
    1 large egg has 6g protein and about 70 cals.

I wouldn't say either has "a lot of protein" especially when 100g of cooked chicken breast is 31g protein and 165 cals.

A cheese sandwich with mayo is a great source of fats and some carbs.
    You're still lacking a balanced diet
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Do you not have vegetarian meat replacements at grocery stores where you live? Vegetarian sausage, vegetarian kielbasa links, fake deli meat, tofu, Morning Star?
  • maggieeric1
    maggieeric1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Asparagus is a vegetable not a protein.
    Keep logging your food and look at macro nutrients at the end of the day. After a few months you'll learn the foods that help hit your goals for calories and macros. That's the benefit of tracking. The list of proteins provided above are accurate and those will help you maintain your lean mass while dropping body fat. As you go along you'll get better at this.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

...me too.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Zaytex wrote: »

28g of cheese has 7g protein and about 115 calories.
    1 large egg has 6g protein and about 70 cals.

I wouldn't say either has "a lot of protein" especially when 100g of cooked chicken breast is 31g protein and 165 cals.

A cheese sandwich with mayo is a great source of fats and some carbs.
    You're still lacking a balanced diet

Exactly...that is 13 grams of protein. If you are like most of us, you probably need around 90-110 G total per day. You are not getting nearly enough.

You need protein and veggies EVERY day. These things are not optional.