Female Motorcycle Riders

Options
Amanda0325
Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
Any female motorcycle riders out there? Just bought a Yamaha fz6r about a month ago and finally have nice enough weather to ride.. Just rode to work this moring in a bit of fog.. but supposed to be partly cloudy later :) so excited the nice weather is finally here!!.. No more rain for a bit would be nice!

So my question.. what do you ride?! and Hopefully everyone is wearing their helemets

Replies

• jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    I started out 3 years ago on a ninja 250, last year I got a ninja 500, but the body style was too big for me and it didn't feel right when I lowered it. This year, I have my first cruiser. I have a kawasaki vulcan 500.

And yes, I absolutely ALWAYS wear a helmet. I always wear a jacket too, even though it gets super hot.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I ride a Kawasaki Ninja 250....I just started riding last year, and wanted to start off small! It's raining hardcore here this week, so we haven't been out to ride since Saturday, but we've (my husband and I) had the bikes out a few times this year already!
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    Hey there! I ride a Kawasaki Ninja 250....I just started riding last year, and wanted to start off small! It's raining hardcore here this week, so we haven't been out to ride since Saturday, but we've (my husband and I) had the bikes out a few times this year already!

I looked at the 250s, but got such a good deal on my yamaha that i couldn't pass it up.. It's not an R6 so it doesn't have that crazy power.. it's more of a sport touring, entry level bike.. Plus its white and has pink and black tribal so it is totally girly LOL. Glad to hear we are wearing our gear.. you can never be too safe with all the yoyo's out to get ya.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    SO true! I ALWAYS wear a helmet, boots, gloves, and my padded jacket...I don't care how hot it gets at stop lights, I'd rather be sweating than dead! lol
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    Can't wait to get out of the office so i can take the back way home tonight! Thats it?! Only 3 of us ladies.
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    My garage door broke last night with my bike inside :( mehhh.. its gorgeous wish i rode my bike to work.. but didn't want to fuss with the garage door.. and since i just got it.. the more i ride the better and more confident i'll get.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I did ride a 86 Vulcan 750 but I kept wrecking so I sold it. :grumble: Now I ride ***** on the bf's HD. Someday I will buy a smaller one and try again.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Had a BMW 650 (had 2 actually, though not at the same time) Had to sell it last year to raise the money to buy a house. But looking forward to a 10 day trip as a pillion in a couple of weeks! And some day I'll have another bike of my own...

Here in the UK it is COMPULSORY to wear a helmet.
  • littlesuzieq
    littlesuzieq Posts: 103
    Options
    I have a '08 Triumph Street Triple that my hubby bought me for my 40th birthday last year. I love it!!!! I've had a couple of SV650's and a dual sports before that. I love riding and always have helmet, gloves, armored jacket and boots on. Having ATGATT and getting clipped by a car a few years ago made me very aware of their benefits!!

I try to ride to work at least 3 days a week but sometimes it's a pain packing clothes for days that we have to dress up. When I do ride in (30 minute ride) I can't believe how hard it is to park it... I'd love to keep right on going. Especially now that it's warming up nicely. The last few days have been 40-45 degrees in the morning. My husband laughs at me because it takes me twice as long to get home at night when I take the bike!!! DUH!!!!

Be safe out there everyone!
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ive got an ' 87 Rebel 450 and a Shadow Spirit 750. I am looking too get another scoot this year...maybe a Victory 8ball or a Yamaha VStar.
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    Ride on and safetly ladies :) Sonice to see there are a bunch of woman riders on this site.

And no drinking and riding.. unless its coffee :)
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    I did ride a 86 Vulcan 750 but I kept wrecking so I sold it. :grumble: Now I ride ***** on the bf's HD. Someday I will buy a smaller one and try again.

even though ti have my own bike now, sometimes its nice to ride ***** on my babes. But he rides a gsxr.. not really loving the postage stamp relestate..
  • littlesuzieq
    Options

even though ti have my own bike now, sometimes its nice to ride ***** on my babes. But he rides a gsxr.. not really loving the postage stamp relestate..

Yeah, that 2x4 that they call the pillion seat leaves a little to be desired!! My hubby has a Concours so it's a comfy ride if we decide to go together but I hate the lack of control I have from the rear seat! LOL
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    Ive had a Kawasaki Ninja 250 red one...I miss it had to sale it caue my than husband, didnt like that I had a bike
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    just here for the stalking :laugh:

Is it not a requirement to wear a helmet in the US??? That's craziness!!! Not a girl but I have a CBR600RR which I rode for the first time in a month about an hour ago. Much fun :bigsmile:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey why aren't the boys invited to this topic? :tongue: FWIW, I ride a Honda VFR800, in black (the fastest color). I ride year round here in Seattle except for those rare days that the roads ice over.

This thread reminded me that I have the first of the Long Way Down DVD's here to watch!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    [double post]
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I ride almost everywhere on my bike. And yes I wear a helmet about 98% of the time.

2010 CanAm Syder

Or I have 2008 Harley sportster
  • littlesuzieq
    Options
    just here for the stalking :laugh:

Is it not a requirement to wear a helmet in the US??? That's craziness!!! Not a girl but I have a CBR600RR which I rode for the first time in a month about an hour ago. Much fun :bigsmile:

Yeah, it's up to the states in the US whether you have to wear a helmet or not - I agree - it's crazy!! Minnesota is a "choice" state so I see a ton of riders that "choose" not to.

LOVE LOVE LOVE to ride!!! I try to get out and hit the corners as often as I can. You should check out www.killboy.com - it's one of the most amazing areas to ride. We went out there a few years ago and had the best time!!
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    Ive had a Kawasaki Ninja 250 red one...I miss it had to sale it caue my than husband, didnt like that I had a bike

Thats stupid!