What do you eat for breakfast??

Options
124»

Replies

• TomBristow
    TomBristow Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Porridge with strawberry jam - sometimes with some strawberries or grapes.
  • smpomg
    smpomg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i usually do some sort of macro bowl, so brown rice, maybe chickpeas, chard or kale, and a few almonds or a little coconut milk to round it out. But this morning I had leftovers, because the creamy tomato zucchini i had for dinner last night was calling my name when i opened the fridge. It was so good.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Here is the recipe for anyone interested...they actually have a lot of carbs as well as protein, just no grains.

Mash one small to medium sized banana in a bowl (weigh it and note calories first!)
    Add one Tbsp peanut butter and mix well (weigh the pb and note calories first)
    In a separate bowl whisk two eggs or one egg and one egg's worth of egg whites
    Add eggs to banana/peanut butter mixture
    Add a shake or two of cinnamon and a small dash of vanilla extract
    Mix well
    Ladle onto griddle sprayed with nonstick spray (I use an electric griddle warmed to 250)
    Cook for 5 mins each side or until each side is nicely golden
    Top with fresh or frozen fruit if desired, and butter/margarine if desired. I often eat them plain.
    Enjoy!

Serves one. Depending on the calories in your banana and peanut butter, it's about 300 calories without any toppings.

Thanks!

b1863ec001f174e2d9a3cc0ad89aad0cbf78ddd297256b891bd8ff4662f3f044.jpg

• anxioushero
    anxioushero Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Today I had a banana and a satsuma because I was in a gluten eating household ahha, but usually I'll have a frieg egg, tomatoes and mushrooms. Sometimes I throw half an avocado in there, sometimes I have vegetarian sausages. I like having fruit for breakfast because it gives you sugary energy, but natural fructose stabilises your energy levels afterwards, so you don't get that dip after the spike in your blood sugar levels. :)