What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I tried on lingerie at Victoria's Secret yesterday. It fit and it was cute. In fact, I tried on several options and couldn't believe how I looked. I've NEVER felt like I should be wearing lingerie, so to see myself in the mirror, wearing something like that and looking good, was quite unnerving (in a good way). I just couldn't believe it.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Normally I step to the side if someone else is in a stairwell to let them pass (didn't want to bonk into them!) today I saw an average sized woman starting to climb and I thought "I can make that".

We passed easily, with room to spare!
  • rglovorn
    rglovorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The camis I wear under my shirts no longer ride up my stomach! :smiley:
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    I can put my hands around my neck (thumbs and forefingers) comfortably without feeling like I am strangling myself

It never even occurred to me to try that as an indicator of weight loss. You know I totally just did, tho :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Woke up an hour and a half before my alarm. Got up and went for a run!
  • aenglert_04
    aenglert_04 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I ran (albeit not very fast) for 8 minutes solid on the treadmill...2 weeks ago I could only manage 3 minuets :)

great job! Keep it up and soon your'll surprise yourself by going 1/2 hr!!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had a tough day yesterday. I had got up early to get in a swim (so a good start) but work was pretty full on and I didn't leave until almost 8pm. I also had left my phone at home, which is how I usually track food during the day. Anyway, things started to go pear shaped when someone had baked some delicious cookies and left them in the kitchen, and I caved and had the last 1.5 cookies with my lunch. Which was ok because I could juggle my cals for the rest if the day to make it work. BUT at about 3pm someone in my team brought out a block if macadamia chocolate, and after resisting for an hour or so I had a few pieces. and then a few more. And then at 5pmish someone left most of a chocolate cake in the kitchen. I resisted until like 7pm when I went to make a cup of tea and then totally caved and ate a slice. I also cut 2 more slices to take home - one for me and one for hubby. ANYWAY, the NSV in all of this is that after all that, I DIDNT EAT THE SECOND PIECE! I gave them both to hubby. And I logged all that junk and was still under my total thanks to a light dinner and the exercise I did earlier in the day. I still felt a bit crap after giving in so many times, but felt good that I made a good decision in the end.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I was perfectly happy to choose vegetarian minestrone soup and a grilled peach salad (with chicken added) as my dinner last night, knowing the restaurant offered a half price dessert special. I ate 3/4 of the dessert, stopped when I was full, and ended the day with my macros right on target and my calorie goal in the green by 20 calories. :smiley:

Also, if someone had told me a year ago that by this summer I would be just as happy to snack on a 120 calorie apple as on a 140 calorie bag of snack crackers, I would have laughed in their face. Now, I'm looking forward to the apple and have no desire for the snack crackers.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I have been getting carded a LOT lately. I will be 37 Friday. (I hadn't been carded in a couple of years before this last month!)
  • southcitystudio
    southcitystudio Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    My pants are starting to get roomy and they are longer! I suppose I'm not filling them out as much. :)
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    A friend looked at some selfies I took and said I looked mysterious. Ha!
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Probably the most common one on here. I moved up to the end of my belt holes. Ill need to make new ones.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    bago08 wrote: »
    Probably the most common one on here. I moved up to the end of my belt holes. Ill need to make new ones.
    I've had to do the same once already, and will likely do it again this weekend...
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My waist is an inch smaller, and I ran my fastest 5K yet a few days ago.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I hate running on the treadmill. I normally don't finish a full mile without slowing down to walk...I get into my own head a lot.
    Yesterday I had to do 2 miles, and ended up running 1.75 miles of it straight! Had my best treadmill finish time ever, and felt great. For the first time in the 18 months I've been running/jogging/whatever...I finally *felt* like a runner.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I have a few.

The fam had McDs last night, got the salad, no dressing. Yummy. Whaaaaat?

Metabolic panel results (blood sugar, etc.) normal. Whoop!

Got complimented at the gym. They wished they could do as well as...me?!

• junglejd13
    junglejd13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For the past few weeks, I've been cooking and portioning my healthy meals out (salmon, brown rice, and asparagus for example )and making protein bars and healthy snacks. I don't know what clicked, but I have been eating way smaller portions, and feeling satiated. I've never really known what that felt like before. I've always eaten large portions until I've felt stuffed.
    I feel like this is the biggest NSV of my life!
    Also, I took one bite of a cupcake, didn't want it and threw it away. I have never thrown out a cupcake in my entire life!
    Victory here I come! :D
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    junglejd13 wrote: »
    Also, I took one bite of a cupcake, didn't want it and threw it away. I have never thrown out a cupcake in my entire life!
    Victory here I come! :D

Congratulations! (Times like this I really wish MFP had a "like" function!)
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, after taking a shower, I was able to wrap the bath towel around me and tuck it with no gaps. Do for the first time in a while I was fully covered. :)
  • SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I only have one pair of jeans that currently fit. They aren't entirely comfortable even on 2nd day but they work. Anyway, the other day I was wearing them and realized it was 1st day after wash and they felt like 2nd day!! Even though my weight has gone up and down over the years my mind was never in a place where I could actually feel the awesomeness of clothes becoming comfortable again. Can't wait to feel the sensation of them becoming loose/just too big!

Congratulations everyone on each and every NSV! There ain't no such thing as too small! Each encourages you and many others to keep fighting for our health and wellness. Keep 'em coming!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!