Why don't people post their locations?

Options
Avalonis
Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
Just curious... Are people worried they will be cyberstalked, or are you just private?

Personally, I add my location because I would love to find friends in the same area to get together with and do some physical activities. (No not THAT kind of exercise, ya freaking perverts!!!)

So... lets get some posts! Would you ever meet someone from MFP?

** EDIT ** If you're from the Puget Sound area, Add me as a friend!

Replies

• Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'd meet someone from here, just you know in crowded public places. :)

I added my location for the same reason as you, so I could hopefully find exercise buddies nearby.
  • Linnleex3
    Linnleex3 Posts: 20
    Options
    Well, I'm more of a private kind of person. It takes a lot for someone to find out such sacred details about me because I have been cyberstalked and have had people follow me because I put myself out there. It was a lesson well learned..
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have my location posted for the exact same reason, I would love to meet people from the area as exercise buddies.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    some of us are probably embarassed about where we live LOL
    It's not like i'm from the OC, LA, MIAMI, HAWAII
    im from .......chatham.

this place doesn't exist to half the world, and it probably shouldn't LOL
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Just curious... Are people worried they will be cyberstalked, or are you just private?

Personally, I add my location because I would love to find friends in the same area to get together with and do some physical activities. (No not THAT kind of exercise, ya freaking perverts!!!)

So... lets get some posts! Would you ever meet someone from MFP?
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I would :) but not many people on here from aberdeen I dont think xxx
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    I like mystery...........
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Because the internet can be a scary place. Everyone here SEEMS cool, but that doesn't mean everyone that looks at this site is posting on here. I have kids, and for me it's better safe than sorry. That said, if someone chats with me and it comes up in conversation then I don't have too much of a problem telling them. I just don't want it out there for the entire world to see.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I would meet people if I thought they were safe, which most seem like they are. I live in CO which is a very active, fit state with lots of things to do so I'd be happy to find friends in the same boat who are local.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Because the internet can be a scary place. Everyone here SEEMS cool, but that doesn't mean everyone that looks at this site is posting on here. I have kids, and for me it's better safe than sorry. That said, if someone chats with me and it comes up in conversation then I don't have too much of a problem telling them. I just don't want it out there for the entire world to see.

Sheesh if you only knew that I am up in the tree looking into your window at home laptop and binoculars in hand.....PAUSE....
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I think I did because like some people, I am looking for local workout buddies. If anyone is in the Hunters Creek area of Orlando and want to work out this Saturday at Planet Fitness on OBT, let me know. I can get in one person on my Black Card and no, you do not have to walk 10 miles on the treadmill like I am gonna do this weekend.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I just figure that nobody really cares where I'm from. :laugh:
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    some of us are probably embarassed about where we live LOL
    It's not like i'm from the OC, LA, MIAMI, HAWAII
    im from .......chatham.

this place doesn't exist to half the world, and it probably shouldn't LOL

Chatham is just down the road a bit....LOL
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Sheesh if you only knew that I am up in the tree looking into your window at home laptop and binoculars in hand.....PAUSE....

honey, i love you but you are a creep. lol
  • Peanutmanda
    Peanutmanda Posts: 103
    Options
    I live in Orlando, and I also go to planet fitness. I work right off OBT.

lol.

Weird!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hundreds of people saw me, in my car, with my child this morning when I was taking him too school. They even saw my license plates. Terrifying!
  • roqoru
    roqoru Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Abusive ex-boyfriend. Nuff said.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

Took the words right outta my mouth lol
  • Avalonis
    Options

With the way your photo looks, you probably get alot of creepers after you ;)

Nice photo. Gotta love a woman in camo. (Yes, I have VERY redneck roots, what can I say)
  • Avalonis
    Options
    Hundreds of people saw me, in my car, with my child this morning when I was taking him too school. They even saw my license plates. Terrifying!

lololololol.

My point exactly. For people with the knowledge, there is a LOT easier ways to track someone down than MFP.