Starting 5 week low carb diet! No more excuses! Who wants to join me? :)

Options

Replies

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Ok, I cooked grilled turkey breasts and grilled vegetables for tomorrow. Put everything into containers for my lunch in dinner which should help me to control my portions! Ah! I can do it!!

Meal prepping is really helping me have a sense of control over the process. This works for me as I always felt my overeating was out of control. I would overeat fast food for lunch on a daily basis. I love to cook, but was too lazy to meal prep. Now I prep for about 3 days at time, and it makes logging so much easier!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing low carb for four months. No longer crave sweets, never hungry. Lost a lot of weight. Friend me. You can do it !!!
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I honestly couldn't tell if this was a troll post or not.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I tried low carb for half a day - it was hell...for me and everyone around me.

Calories In / Calories Out.

Carbs are amazing!
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    As Yoda says, "do or do not. There is no try."
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh your portions? Do you know how many calories is in everything you plan to put in your mouth?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Ok, I cooked grilled turkey breasts and grilled vegetables for tomorrow. Put everything into containers for my lunch in dinner which should help me to control my portions! Ah! I can do it!!

That's nice, but low carb isn't just meat and veggies - where are you on your fat macro? Are you cooking in oil? Most low carbers on the site put the emphasis on fat to help them feel full; it's not just cutting out breads, pastas, and baked goods. If you don't have your macros set correctly, that could explain why you've failed at low carb 3 times before and have trouble controlling your portions.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love carbs.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Low-carb isn't my thing, but I wish you luck!

Low-carb isn't popular here. High protein is. To each, his own.

Don't worry if it's not good enough for anyone else to hear, just sing. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    For a person who constantly eats, low carb diet works the best

You are doing low carb for 5 weeks?

That's doomed to failure isn't it?

You are so right! I think it is my 4th attempt now.. I should mentioned that I am getting married at the beginning of August! And I have just few weeks to get back to shape! So can't really keep on trying and have to be strong and consistent with my diet!

Since this is your 4th attempt it's obvious low carb isn't working for you. Why not try something new like CICO?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I think I would have same 4 attempts with any other diet as I wasn't serious about it.. I thought- oh, I have plenty of months to go so I can do it easily! But now with just few weeks left I need some extra support to keep on going... I think low carb works better for me just because I love salads and meat! So it was quite easy to follow it, I just have to be careful with all the allurements around me.. And again! Portions CONTROL!!! I just can't stop when I start! Do not feel when I am full

Try the Low Carb Daily group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • KarinasPerfectBody
    KarinasPerfectBody Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    cvehon wrote: »

Meal prepping is really helping me have a sense of control over the process. This works for me as I always felt my overeating was out of control. I would overeat fast food for lunch on a daily basis. I love to cook, but was too lazy to meal prep. Now I prep for about 3 days at time, and it makes logging so much easier!

Do you prepare both lunch and dinners for 3 days? What is your diet?
  • KarinasPerfectBody
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Did you weigh your portions? Do you know how many calories is in everything you plan to put in your mouth?

I am weighting my portions and counting calories during working hours! Work really helps to control portions actually :) But when I am getting relaxed over the weekend at home I can eat the whole pot without realising it
  • KarinasPerfectBody
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

That's nice, but low carb isn't just meat and veggies - where are you on your fat macro? Are you cooking in oil? Most low carbers on the site put the emphasis on fat to help them feel full; it's not just cutting out breads, pastas, and baked goods. If you don't have your macros set correctly, that could explain why you've failed at low carb 3 times before and have trouble controlling your portions.

I used oils on my first attempts, but this time I'll try to cut them out for a week or two which will help me to eat sufisient amount of food in my 1200 cal limits. When I'll get used to eat less I will probably start adding oils without overeating :) that's the plan now :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

I used oils on my first attempts, but this time I'll try to cut them out for a week or two which will help me to eat sufisient amount of food in my 1200 cal limits. When I'll get used to eat less I will probably start adding oils without overeating :) that's the plan now :)

Bad plan

you need fat in your diet and protein and a range of micronutrients too

please read up and do this properly

the last thing you want is to be feeling crap at your wedding isn't it?
  • KarinasPerfectBody
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Low-carb isn't my thing, but I wish you luck!

Low-carb isn't popular here. High protein is. To each, his own.

Don't worry if it's not good enough for anyone else to hear, just sing. :)

True, I am trying to keep my protein level hight as well - 120-135 grams per day ;) I just do not see how I can fit carbs in my diet if I want to keep high level of proteins within my calorie bounderies of 1200 cal
  • KarinasPerfectBody
    Options
    Yeah.. Have to see how many cal will be left per day so I can add fat, for now I do not see it happening as calorie deficit is the key to success.. Have to learn eat less first.. How do you guys manage to control your portions?
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I guess my biggest problem with this is that you've had months to do this but only now are buckling down to try and get in shape. Low carb isn't easy but I know people who do it and have had success. With that said, cut my carbs and I'm likely to kill someone :) Eat at a deficit, move more and the weight will fall. Take it from someone who's kept all of her weight off for years. This isn't something you do in a few weeks and for one occasion, this is something you do for life! Going to extremes won't get you the changes you want but dedication, determination and common sense will :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Are you cutting oils because of the calories? What do you cook your food with?

I will say this, low carb is not necessarily in low calorie. It takes a lot to pull this off and meticulous food weighing, planning meals and how you will cook them, etc.. Plus getting everyone around you on board as well.

Here is what I would do, weigh and measure all my food for two weeks that I normally eat. Get a hold on portion control and see what things I need to change to meet the deficit. Start loosing weight... if I am not loosing weight, then my logging is wrong and I am eating too much and even too many exercise calories back..

The question is, when you are done with low carb, what is the next plan for eating better, healthy and able to maintain...

Why not just learn to eat what you enjoy now in smaller portions to loose weight and make it a bit easier to maintain and SUSTAIN later on..???