ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    1. Smari pure whole icelandic yogurt
    2. siggi's whole milk yogurt
    3. Fage 2%
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Kirkland Signature plain nonfat at Costco. I've tried Great Value (WalMart) and Chobani, and finally tried Fage 2% recently.

The Fage and Kirkland were most similar, but like Great Value and Chobani I found Fage to be kind of sour (but not nearly as sour as the other two). Kirkland's is really mild, and significantly cheaper, so I don't think I'll convert to Fage, but in a pinch I would buy it again for sure and I would definitely recommend it to others if shopping at Costco isn't an option.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I make my own organic whole milk yogurt. Pretty easy and tasty
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Kirkland signature plain for me. Tastes fine, plain yogurt is an acquired taste, but I got tired of the fake flavors, and I can add vanilla to this, or add dill and make a savory dip.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    Fage Greek yoghurt, 2% or fat free

The whole fat version of this is the answer. Reminds me of ice cream.

Don't fear dietary fat. It's one of the worst mistakes you could make from a Nutrition standpoint, too.

Finding it in stores is like trying to find a unicorn in the wild. I have seen it exactly once, but didn't buy it because the expiration date was coming up too soon.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    _Silver_ wrote: »
    Fage with honey. I tried the chobani Greek and it made me gag. I think it was because it wasn't as thick, it was too watery.

Chobani plain is disgusting.
    Cabot Greek plain is even worse and I <3 Cabot cheese, butter, and cottage cheese.

Cosigned. Cabot Greek yogurt was one of the most disgusting things I've ever tasted. I couldn't believe it, because their cheese is so tasty.

• ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Chobani. I add a drizzle of honey and LOTS of cinnamon (love cinnamon) and whatever fruit I have on hand. If I'm feeling wild, I'll add some dry oats or a bit of granola.
  • amber_olivares
    amber_olivares Posts: 7 Member
    Options

+1

+1 more. I add a little honey to mine and it's heavenly and way cheaper in the long run than buying their little yogurt and honey cups, which are also amazing.

Agree- i have mine plain with blueberries
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    iogo 0% vanilla is the only yogurt i like
  • initialsdeebee
    initialsdeebee Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wallaby!!! I myself don't get the fixation on dry chalky low/non fat Greek yogurt. I use it to mix with stuff but can't stand it alone. Wallaby has a low fat plain that really does have a unique nice flavor. You can read on the package at gushing length about the special process blah blah blah, but to me it really does taste especially good. And I believe it's organic/non hormone all that jazz.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »

The whole fat version of this is the answer. Reminds me of ice cream.

Don't fear dietary fat. It's one of the worst mistakes you could make from a Nutrition standpoint, too.

Finding it in stores is like trying to find a unicorn in the wild. I have seen it exactly once, but didn't buy it because the expiration date was coming up too soon.

Exactly, I had days where I cant find fage 2%, let alone something with a higher fat content
  • hannah_2809
    hannah_2809 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Coconut Collaborative plain coconut yoghurt, it's the 'nuts'! I avoid dairy (I say avoid because I can't help myself when it comes to feta and halloumi cheeses, so I guess technically I avoid cow's dairy) but I love yoghurt so when I found this little gem, I was hooked. <3
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Rachel's (UK) greek yogurt, the full-fat stuff. It's so good.... it's almost like eating whipping cream.