Low carb-ing it

Options
Lonnad1
Lonnad1 Posts: 47 Member
Hi everyone from south Louisiana! I have been here awhile, but have switched about two months ago to a low carb diet. Looking for people who are also on low carb diets for support, tips, recipes, and advice.

Replies

• hmmillinor
    hmmillinor Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just switched!
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low carb plan. Send me a friend request and we can support each other. Here's a link for some low carb recipes
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/low-carb-recipes.html
  • aggilliam
    aggilliam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just kicked off low carbing it! With a lot to lose looking for inspiration.
  • Lonnad1
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Sent you all a friend request.
  • facesbydesignmakeup
    facesbydesignmakeup Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm low carbing it too! I have 40lbs to lose. Low carb works for my lifestyle. Let's exchange recipes!
  • d08t
    d08t Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've done it in the past and it does work, but only if you plan on doing low carb for the rest of your life. You're better off finding a good balance of protein, carbs and fat. Your body needs all 3 to function properly. Your progression will be slower, but you'll be far more healthy in the long run.
  • Lonnad1
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am still taking in some carbs in the morning from fruits....trying to stay away from them the rest of the day.
  • mimimissie975
    mimimissie975 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to cut some carbs out of my diet but not sure how many grams of carbs a day would be best. Some tips would be great, thanks!
  • ellesMFP93
    ellesMFP93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been following a book called 'The Fat Revolution'. Low carb, high natural fats. So far it's working brilliantly for me. I've lost 17.5kg (38.5 pounds) in 3 and a half months :) Everyone feel free to add me :)
  • Lonnad1
    Options
    ellesMFP93 wrote: »
    I've been following a book called 'The Fat Revolution'. Low carb, high natural fats. So far it's working brilliantly for me. I've lost 17.5kg (38.5 pounds) in 3 and a half months :) Everyone feel free to add me :)

Thanks for sharing the book! Need to read it!
  • mimimissie975
    mimimissie975 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ellesMFP93 wrote: »

Wow what a success! Thanks for sharing the book!