Do ItWorks wraps really work?

Options
2»

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I burned a solid 16 calories rolling on the floor laughing. Bonus: it was a moderate ab workout as well.

Caitwn wrote: »
    Don't listen to these naysayers, OP. I used an ItWorks wrap and it totally helped me achieve my goals. I bought a nice salmon filet on Sunday, intending to grill it up that night, but I hit a snag in my plans. I used an ItWorks wrap and sealed the filet up nice and tight. Last night, I opened it to see if I could still grill it. Fresh as the day I bought it!

ItWorks...

Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif

Wait. The expert is here! I have a question! Doesn't rubbing Peeps on cellulite help, or is that just a rumor?

Rubbing? No. You've got to melt them and coat the liquid over the trouble spot. It's called the Peeps Smoother Formula and I cover the steps to making it in my upcoming book, The 10-Day Master Peep Cleanse(TM): Using Peeps For Non-Cleansing Purposes: What Do You Use To Clean Molten Marshmallow And Is This A 1st Or 2nd Degree Burn?.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My cousin sells them on Facebook and she has lost SO MUCH weight!! Seriously, I reckon the number of people who have defriended her must weigh a total of at least 800lbs.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    IMG004691.jpg

That wrap doesn't help you lose weight but this one does!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    IMG004691.jpg

That wrap doesn't help you lose weight but this one does!

Oh my goodness, that looks delicious!
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    All I know about them is that everyone and their mother is selling them now and IT DRIVES ME *kitten* NUTS!

Also I just wanted to point out - 3 years ago I went from 273 down to 194. At 5'8" I looked really good at that weight. I ran a pretty popular tumblr (blog) chronicaling my journey and was contacted by several weight loss companies asking to purchase my before and after pictures to use them and say that I used their *kitten* diet pills to lose all the weight. So, my faith in anything like that is non existent. Juuuuust saying.
  • harmar21
    harmar21 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sure it helps you lose weight -- temporarily. Essentially it just dehydrates you so you lose water weight. But you will gain it back by the next day as you rehydrate yourself.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    the clue is in the name.

If they have to resort to gimmicky stuff like actually naming it "It Works", then it definitely doesn't.
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I went to go see what this was, cus never heard of it... Low and behold one of their before and after picture things was stolen from a thread I saw here on mfp forums. It was a girl asking for advice on why her tummy bloats so badly after she eats..she posted pictures of her empty stomach tummy(flat as a wash board) and after she eats where she looks a bit pregnant....and saw they photo shopped the wrap on her tummy on the web site... Scandalous mlm scheme is scandalous.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Achaila wrote: »
    All I know about them is that everyone and their mother is selling them now and IT DRIVES ME *kitten* NUTS!

Also I just wanted to point out - 3 years ago I went from 273 down to 194. At 5'8" I looked really good at that weight. I ran a pretty popular tumblr (blog) chronicaling my journey and was contacted by several weight loss companies asking to purchase my before and after pictures to use them and say that I used their *kitten* diet pills to lose all the weight. So, my faith in anything like that is non existent. Juuuuust saying.

I used to have an instagram acct and the same thing happened to me. I was asked by a it works distributor, body by vi ,and another ( maybe it was called something like advocare or something like that) if they could purchase my pictures and have me sign a testimonial that i used their products. I refused all of them and also reported them. i wrote back saying,I WOULD NEVER USE ANY JUNK MLM PRODUCTS OR ENDORSE THEM.
    I LOST ALL MY WEIGHT BY USING PORTION CONTROL AND MODERATION .
    So yes, all these are just scams and do not work. If they really worked, they wouldn't need to buy people's pictures.
  • NishaPhilips
    NishaPhilips Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these naysayers, OP. I used an ItWorks wrap and it totally helped me achieve my goals. I bought a nice salmon filet on Sunday, intending to grill it up that night, but I hit a snag in my plans. I used an ItWorks wrap and sealed the filet up nice and tight. Last night, I opened it to see if I could still grill it. Fresh as the day I bought it!

ItWorks...

Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif
    LOL