Any geeks out there?

Options
12346»

Replies

• xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Total geek here. 48 years old and still cosplaying. I am also the CO of the Lucasfilm-acknowledged costuming group The Jedi Assembly. I also love Dr Who, some animes (Attack on Titan, FullMetal Alchemist, etc.), Sherlock, and so much more. Star Wars basically is my life, though.

Hey I better still be cosplaying by the time I'm hitting 90. If not? Check my vitals.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    dsneade wrote: »
    My number one goal for getting in shape is so I can look good in a Captain America costume... Does that count?

Hell yes it does!!! If you even knew how badly I want to fit back into my old Mortal Instruments costume?? I was so badass for a day... it was amazeballs D: *weeps*
  • dsneade
    dsneade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hell yes it does!!! If you even knew how badly I want to fit back into my old Mortal Instruments costume?? I was so badass for a day... it was amazeballs D: *weeps*[/quote]

Sweet... So we don't have to count the computer nerd part, my recently re-discovery of my Civ V addiction, my Lego's Darth Vader Desk Lamp, or the fact that I drink my water out of an Iron Man Collector's Edition Slurpee cup from 7-11...
  • nephilim_dreams
    nephilim_dreams Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek! Me me me!

Fantasy, videogames (basically if it's an RPG, by BioWare, Bethesda or I have to be a sneaky sneaksthief to get through the game I love it) but also pen and paper/table top/card games, SciFi, Comics, classic literature, movies, music, Harry Potter ('mon the badgers!) andddd so on and so forth.

There's another group of us on here, we're called FitGeeks :)
  • grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    grlygrl123 wrote: »
    I am a geek, too. Host D&D weekly, love RPGs, played too much WoW. I am also an IT manager by day :P Feel free to add me up, fellow nerds!

First mention of D&D that I can see. Natural 20 on geek cred check.

Hah awesome :P

vb8v7vo8crc4.jpg

• ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh man I'm glad I found this thread. If you are into any of the following, please add me! :)

Anime & manga - Stuff like Gintama, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Bleach, Berserk, Durarara, Death Parade, Tokyo Ghoul, Shokugeki no Soma, and lots more. (I also run a blog that is strictly manga related)

Video Games - RPGs tend to be my favorites. Most recent games I've been playing are Sims 4, Life is Strange, Final Fantasy VIII, Deadly Premonition, and Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.

TV Shows - Star Trek: The Next Generation is one of my favorite shows of all time. Currently been into Game of Thrones, The IT Crowd, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Bob's Burgers, and American Horror Story. Other favorites are Parks & Recreation, Friends, Black Books, Ghost Adventures, House, Supernatural (though it's going downhill), and Law & Order: SVU

Books: The Harry Potter series gives me life. Currently reading A Dance with Dragons in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I love mystery/fantasy/suspense fiction novels, as well as poetry and many classics such as Pride and Prejudice.

I neeeeed more nerdy friends here ^^
  • katherine_jenkins_
    katherine_jenkins_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey guys :)

I'm definitely a film geek. Mainly sci-fi and fantasy but I'll watch pretty much anything.
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ekahnicole wrote: »
    Oh man I'm glad I found this thread. If you are into any of the following, please add me! :)

Anime & manga - Stuff like Gintama, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Bleach, Berserk, Durarara, Death Parade, Tokyo Ghoul, Shokugeki no Soma, and lots more. (I also run a blog that is strictly manga related)

Video Games - RPGs tend to be my favorites. Most recent games I've been playing are Sims 4, Life is Strange, Final Fantasy VIII, Deadly Premonition, and Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines.

TV Shows - Star Trek: The Next Generation is one of my favorite shows of all time. Currently been into Game of Thrones, The IT Crowd, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Bob's Burgers, and American Horror Story. Other favorites are Parks & Recreation, Friends, Black Books, Ghost Adventures, House, Supernatural (though it's going downhill), and Law & Order: SVU

Books: The Harry Potter series gives me life. Currently reading A Dance with Dragons in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I love mystery/fantasy/suspense fiction novels, as well as poetry and many classics such as Pride and Prejudice.

I neeeeed more nerdy friends here ^^

Yay! You're the first person I've come across watching Gintama! So funny! It's my fave, atm. Still playing catchup with it, but I'm chipping away!

• KiwiMellow
    KiwiMellow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a geek I would say. I enjoy anime, manga, webcomics, and western comics thoroughly. My favorite animes are Chrono Crusade, Nichijou, and PSWG. I'm trying to lose weight for lolita coords from actual brand names and cosplay of course.

Also I apologize if I posted twice. My phone was acting screwy earlier.
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yep, another Geek here!

Grew up with doctor who, star trek, star wars, quantum leap, etc...

I play Zelda games, Minecraft, Dragon age, Skyrim, table top D&D.

I love theatre, was a stage hand through high school.

Big history geek also! Dabbled with steam punk, and recency. I'm involved with the society for creative anachronism. Go to all kinds of midieval reenactment events. Have a whole bedroom in the house solely to house all of my fabric stash!

I've Read lovecraft, Harry potter, GoT, LOTR, Douglas Adams, the seeker, plus many more!

Married a geek, and raising up another!