Wednesday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. lift heavy things
    3. finish heavy gardening projects
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Ruby - I have been right there with you my dear. Suffering from what I like to refer to as the "spoiled child inside me" I know and understand what I need to do to be healthy and frankly happy, but I fight it because it seems so unfair to me that I have to work so hard, just to stay at a normal weight ( a little bit higher than what is considered healthy).

Try having not one but FIVE different metabolic diseases. With the way that I eat and the way that I exercise, I would be model-thin and (visibly) in Olympic-athlete-shape if I were healthy.

It's not fair. Lots of us have unfair situations and challenges. Sometimes it's incredibly frustrating, but all you can do is to keep moving forward.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

JFT Wednesday
    1.) Go to gym at lunch for cardio :)
    2.) Salad for lunch :)
    3.) No junk dessert after dinner tonight, if I need something it has to be healthy :)
    [/quote]

I had an incredible day yesterday! I made all my goals & got in BONUS 7.5 mile bike ride after work. Thank you for this group & giving me the encourement to get back up & brush myself off.

JFT
    1.) Cardio at lunch
    2.) Get a TV & DVD player set up in my workout section of my garage. I want to start Chalene Extreme 3 months Program next week in mornings.
    3.) Salad at lunch
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    @ruby: So glad to hear you had an up day!!! That is certainly a motivator :) . I know there have been days when I couldn't even post here coz I was already failing, or I listed my goals and failed so miserably that I didn't want to comment! Then I wait until I am almost thru a "successful" day to post...and sometimes that is what it has taken: to be able to document a little success to keep me going :) . I don't know how it has been down by you, but it has been rainy and blah up here, which can really affect some folks' motivation! Keep going!!! :):)
    @vicki1947: Oh, that sounds difficult. Keep pressing forward...I hope you can spend some special moments with Dad if these are his last days, and that there would be a miraculous peace amidst your family. Remember, the Lord is near to the brokenhearted.
    @Joan: Sounds like you are having a challenging time also. But you have the key right there in your hand: Very decidedly and in faith, turn it all over to the Lord because He is able, (and we are not)!
    @losingrae: Good to see your returning posts! You are cared for here and are missed in your absences. So glad to see you taking steps back to taking care of yourself :) Maybe stick a "non-health" goal in for yourself, like to listen to your favorite CD, or rearrange a room--some life-thing that would give you a perk?!?? It might help the rest of life seem brighter. And I think you should focus more on the present/future--how good it will feel to get back in shape, or at least to look at the past positively: "I did lose all my weight 6 years ago, so that means I can do it again!!!" Keep on keeping on!
    @Saragirl: You have such great goals, and you seem to be just consistently plugging away! Good for you!!!!! I hope there is nothing serious with your mention of MRI/needing to start taking calcium????

I did so-so on goals yesterday--got the fluids in!!! I am working on just losing the 5 pounds I gained back around the graduation party...3 to go, then I can work on the last bit.

JFT 25 June:
    1. Stay w.i. fasting cal. goal today thru Saturday
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30 min.
    4. Finish getting all ready for garage sale!!!
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    JFT - I am back from vacation and didn't sabotage my eating habits too bad, had ice cream last night so get back on focus today and the rest of the weekend, move and eat healthy foods and log the calories.
  • ToniHughart
    ToniHughart Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is my first post on JFT. What a great idea and thank you Joan6630 for the invitation to join!

JFT 6/25:
    1. Log all food today
    2. Reach at least 10,000 steps on fitbit
    3. Drink 16 glasses of water
    4. Do a HASfit workout
    5. Eat fully raw vegan

Quite the list, let's see how I do. Lol. Good luck everyone on their JFT
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Try having not one but FIVE different metabolic diseases. With the way that I eat and the way that I exercise, I would be model-thin and (visibly) in Olympic-athlete-shape if I were healthy.

It's not fair. Lots of us have unfair situations and challenges. Sometimes it's incredibly frustrating, but all you can do is to keep moving forward.

You impress me daily with your perseverance. I am certain I would surrender to the diseases. Sometimes we get caught up in our heads and like I said when that happens, you get are stuck in an evil cycle. I'm brushing myself off and moving forward; and extremely grateful that the damage was minimal.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for today June 24th
    1. log all food :)
    2. drink 8 glasses of water :)
    3. do crunches/push-ups/squats/tricep dips + 20 mins walking :)

Just for Today June 25th
    1. log all food
    2. drink 8 glasses of water
    3. 30 minutes jogging
    4. enjoy dinner out with a friend (thanks kwfitgal :) )

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Wednesday:
    1. 12,000 steps :smile: 15,181
    2. lift heavy things :smile:
    3. finish heavy gardening projects :smile:

I am having a hard time with carbs lately. I've charted out what I was planning to eat today, and it is just too many! Darn fruit...it really throws me off this time of year.

Thursday:
    1. Pick fruit (cherry harvest)
    2. 12,000 steps
    3. swim or dance
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Just for today

Try to not be too stressed out.

My dad is back in hospital with congestive heart failure. He is refusing any meds to make it better. I think he has given up and is just tired of being sick. He is 89.

Just pray for my family right now. This has been a very stressful 2 months. And doesn't look as if it is going to be get any less stressful.

Thanks for being the best supportive group I know. It is helping more than you know.

Vicky,
    My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. Such a hard time for you. My grandmother will be 96 & she just says she's tired at her age. I understand her. Take a moment to just breath & find some peace for yourself.
    Sara

Thank you Sarah
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You all are so thoughtful and caring. It is really helping me through this difficult time.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/25

Had some problems last week with my gall bladder, but I'm feeling better now. I need to eat cleaner, but figure out a way to do that that won't aggravate my GB again. Oh, and I'm having terrible cravings for sweets... It's driving me nuts!

So, today...
    1. Eat more fiber and drink water.
    2. Stay away from sweet!!
    3. Have fun sparring at Muay Thai
    4. Get in your leg workout even if it means doing it later tonight...
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Thursday's goals
    - Make best possible choice at lunch out tomorrow
    - max 1 glass of wine in eve (I have my aunt to stay for a few nights from tomorrow and this usually involves quite a bit of wine)
    - light stir fry for evening meal to compensate for lunch calories

I am SO proud of myself today. Achieved all goals and despite lunch out came in on calorie target. Had pre-logged 90%of what I would eat for day and it really helped me.
    I have a busy few social days with a meal out a day for next 5 days so will remind myself that I can still achieve my goals despite that!
    Wow. **BIG smile!**
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Friday's goals
    - bootcamp and push hard
    - sensible lunch choice
    - enjoy my evening meal out and the wine I will fully savour during it
    - get as close to net calorie target as poss (may even be do-able if we go for a walk in the afternoon as well as me doing bootcamp!)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    ruby70 wrote: »
    JFT
    1) pick myself back up and be thankful for all my MFP friends
    2) go walking tonight with my dog - 30 minutes

Ruby-WTG

JFT
    I will:
    Walk 45 mins (just saw an ortho doc & waiting for MRI appt) walking is becoming a challenge b/c of bad knee.
    Drink 9 cups of water
    Start taking calcium
    Check menu online at restaurant before going out tonight. pretrack choice.
    Do not indulge in the bread basket at restaurant.
    Search Allrecipes for some healthy slaw recipes.
    Preplan our weekend-we may have family over for a BBQ
    Read for 20 mins.

Have a great hump day MFPs!!

Had a hard time meeting my goals yesterday but thanks to MFP & JFT, I feel like I'm able to get back on track this time. Life can't be perfect or else I wouldn't learn any lessons!

I DID indulge in the breadbasket at last night's dinner out even though I had planned on not doing so. I did, however, try a new dish that I'm going to try to recreate as a healthier version.

JFT-
    I will track.
    Eat salad for lunch.
    Try to fit in a 30 min walk tonight.

Tomorrow will be challenging for exercise & food as I'm volunteering at DD school. I plan on packing a salad w/tuna & fruit.
    Small victory...Some of my shorts/pants are ever so slightly looser. I would love to be in the 170s by the 4th- If I can just keep going!!

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Wow! great posts today everyone!

Losingrae- I am so glad you are feeling better. You inspire me many times by your posts. I can tell you are a very caring, kind person. I am glad we can help each other. We are better together than we are alone.

Kwfit- you are such a great writer and so encouraging. We have had a lot of rain too. We do get days of sunshine in between so that helps! You are doing great, I know you can drop those few pounds you gained during grad party. I am glad you enjoyed & lived in the moment. That is all part of the life balance. You cannot never get that day back; we have to cut loose sometimes:)

Sara- I hope your knee starts feeling better. I know how you feel about the wine, that is my drink of choice, a nice glass of Cabernet is my favorite :)

Azulviolet- great job on your positive energy and not letting your diseases stop you. I know that must be challenging, it is hard not having underlying health problems so I can only imagine. I am grateful to be on this journey with you :) !!!!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    J4T Wednesday
    1. C25K early :smile:
    2. 1200 calories - went over grrr.
    3. Take breakfast and lunch and snack to work :smile:
    4. Maybe Zumba - didn't have time

Thursday
    1 Aqua fit :smile:
    2. 1200 calories :smile:
    3. Bible study :smile:

J4T Firday
    1. C25K EARLY
    2. House work and laundry
    3. 1200 calories
    4. Bible study

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JFT 24/06
    I had 10 fellow gardeners round for morning coffe today. Too much temptation!
    1. Try to juggle my menus to counteract indulging this morning. :) I managed this quite well. I ate a very light dinner.
    2. Chill out after my hectic weekend getting the house and garden ready. :grin: Once my system digested all the sugary rich stuff, I just chilled!

Don't believe them when they tell you "You can't have too much of. A good thing!"
    My body is telling me different this afternoon.

[/quote]

I was on the go from early yesterday, so missed posting. I had meetings all day and then dinner and theatre visit in Belfast City, then an early night. I know the restaurant menu so was able to choose wisely, steps were a little low as I was in meetings all day.
    But all in all a ;) day.

My schedule will be much more relaxed for the next few weeks so:

JFT 26/06
    1. 30 minute Aerobics session.
    2. Walk for 60 minutes at least.
    3. Redistribute all the things we 'tidied' into the hobbies room on Tuesday. I can bearly reach the computer desk.
    4. De clutter as I do No 4.
    5. Keep to steps/calorie goals.
    6. Do it all mindfully.

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    :star: Every journey starts with a single step. :star:

LOVE THIS QUOTE - Thank you for sharing.

I did OK yesterday until evening again. A lot of stress going on with my daughter right now, who is suffering from mental illness. I have to work extra hard to keep myself from getting down with her.

so just for today
    1. stay strong. Things could get worse, and just turn it over to God.
    2. Log my food
    3. exercise is the best medicine for stress - so if it is not raining, get out for a much needed walk.

:) My thoughts are with you, Joan. Positive energy winging your way. :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    @ruby: So glad to hear you had an up day!!! That is certainly a motivator :) . I know there have been days when I couldn't even post here coz I was already failing, or I listed my goals and failed so miserably that I didn't want to comment! Then I wait until I am almost thru a "successful" day to post...and sometimes that is what it has taken: to be able to document a little success to keep me going :) . I don't know how it has been down by you, but it has been rainy and blah up here, which can really affect some folks' motivation! Keep going!!! :):)
    @vicki1947: Oh, that sounds difficult. Keep pressing forward...I hope you can spend some special moments with Dad if these are his last days, and that there would be a miraculous peace amidst your family. Remember, the Lord is near to the brokenhearted.
    @Joan: Sounds like you are having a challenging time also. But you have the key right there in your hand: Very decidedly and in faith, turn it all over to the Lord because He is able, (and we are not)!
    @losingrae: Good to see your returning posts! You are cared for here and are missed in your absences. So glad to see you taking steps back to taking care of yourself :) Maybe stick a "non-health" goal in for yourself, like to listen to your favorite CD, or rearrange a room--some life-thing that would give you a perk?!?? It might help the rest of life seem brighter. And I think you should focus more on the present/future--how good it will feel to get back in shape, or at least to look at the past positively: "I did lose all my weight 6 years ago, so that means I can do it again!!!" Keep on keeping on!
    @Saragirl: You have such great goals, and you seem to be just consistently plugging away! Good for you!!!!! I hope there is nothing serious with your mention of MRI/needing to start taking calcium????

I did so-so on goals yesterday--got the fluids in!!! I am working on just losing the 5 pounds I gained back around the graduation party...3 to go, then I can work on the last bit.

JFT 25 June:
    1. Stay w.i. fasting cal. goal today thru Saturday
    2. Drink 3+ pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30 min.
    4. Finish getting all ready for garage sale!!!

Such an inspiration to see all this positive encouragement. It is people like you that have helped me finally break over 40 years of yo yo dieting and return to a semblance of health and fitness.