Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    1. LOG all my food!!!
    2. drink more water. Remember, sometimes it is THIRST, not hunger!

• YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good day Everyone :)

Well today starts a long holiday for me... I did my 90 minutes of hard circuit training and it was exhausting... Its quite amazing seeing just how incredible the body is when you do a workout session like that... that being said... won't do that again for a while... I was burning up all night!!!

Just for today:

~ at least 8 glasses of water
    ~ healthy snack choices
    ~ stay within my daily calorie goal
    ~ Rest...... glorious rest
    ~ Lots of fun and laughter

Hope your Thursday is everything you are planning it to be :)

• YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    JFT - just try to get through. Am in a lot of pain from my foot surgery yesterday afterwards and can barely hobble to the bathroom.

My husband will have to fix my food????
    Wish me luck.

Vicky I wish you luck and a speedy recovery. Don't worry so much about anything more than healing and following the doctors orders :) You will back at full power in no time. All the best!!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    JFT - just try to get through. Am in a lot of pain from my foot surgery yesterday afterwards and can barely hobble to the bathroom.

Wish me luck.

I'm praying that God will guide your husband to prepare a delicious, nutritional, healthy, soothing meal for you. If my husband had to cook for me I would have to pray really really hard! :smile: (his best meal is a mixing bowl full of cereal with half a cup of sugar on top)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

Wish me luck.

Vicky - hope you feel better today. That does not sound like fun. Yes, have hubby fix some food, or have him stock up on lots of veggies and fruits.
    Thinking of you! My hubby had ankle surgery 4 yrs ago - not fun! So take good care of yourself!
  • Meezat
    Meezat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im going out and just run those 7 km as planned.
    I will log everything i eat and finish my day under my calorie goal!!
    Just for today!!

Almost done.
    I went out to run though familiar issues didnt allow me to do in the morning as i like to do (empty streets, i feel tired in the evenings, come on, i have a BABY!). I completed the 7 km planned, but in a higher time than i was suposed. Anyway, proud that i just did it!
    I ended my food diary 19 cal. over my daily limit, which is not that bad. And the best of all: Tomorrow i have another chance to improve myself!

**ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR QUOTE "And the best of all: Tomorrow I have another chance to improve myself" - I have adopted it :-)
    JFT,
    1. 1/2hr on stationary bike
    2. 1/2hr cardio
    3. No binging before/during/after dinner!
    And the best of all: Tomorrow I have another chance to improve myself! by Rositawurst
  • iamsmara
    iamsmara Posts: 46 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    iamsmara wrote: »
    Goals for today

1. Eat only fruits until lunch (DONE)
    2. Walk for 30 minutes
    3. Stretch for 15 minutes
    4. Drink 12 cups of water, including 2 cups of green tea (~ 2.8L)
    5. No snacking after dinner / 9pm

GOALS REVIEW:

1. YES
    2. YES
    3. YES
    4. PARTIAL YES. Drank 3.2L of wate because of the extreme hot weather (couldn't bring myself to drink hot tea :( )
    5. GETTING THERE. But it's tough. It's nearly 11pm here in south India, had my dinner at 7pm and now am struggling to ignore all the lovely food on the table! Praying I shouldn't succumb to the temptation...
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    YolliB2014 wrote: »

Wish me luck.

Vicky I wish you luck and a speedy recovery. Don't worry so much about anything more than healing and following the doctors orders :) You will back at full power in no time. All the best!!

Thanks! I know I just need to have some patience but it is so hard to be still.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    He
    bri170lb wrote: »

Wish me luck.

I'm praying that God will guide your husband to prepare a delicious, nutritional, healthy, soothing meal for you. If my husband had to cook for me I would have to pray really really hard! :smile: (his best meal is a mixing bowl full of cereal with half a cup of sugar on top)

He is. I told him there was some turkey chili in freezer so he sat that out to thaw!!!! At least I know what is in it since I made it and put it through MFP calorie counter. At least he will heat it up. He's not much of a cook but has lots of other wonderful qualities. Love him!!!
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Wish me luck.

Vicky - hope you feel better today. That does not sound like fun. Yes, have hubby fix some food, or have him stock up on lots of veggies and fruits.
    Thinking of you! My hubby had ankle surgery 4 yrs ago - not fun! So take good care of yourself!

Thanks Joan. He is heating some turkey chili from freezer. Time will help. Already not throbbing so much.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to take in my walk!

Today I will drink 8 + cups of water.
    Play with my kids outside.
    Track everything.
    Change it up.

• feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    So... Thursday's goals:
    - hit calorie target and eat plenty of protein
    - walk very briskly to polling station (general election here tomorrow) if weather allows
    - keep focus on end result - it will SO be worth it!

- over by 50 calories cos I chose to have a beer this evening. It was SO worth it. And to be honest after the day I've had (nothing awful just v v busy and stressful with work) I'm thrilled to be anywhere near target.☺
    - did a brisk walk round town instead
    - yes... still focused. I WILL get there!
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Friday's goals (and for weekend when I am babysitting my 2 nieces with my aunt.mm gonna be fun but exhausting!):
    - work ultra hard at bootcamp Fri
    - make the best choices I can for food and snacks. I don't HAVE to have a sweet treat every time my nieces do!
    - enjoy my wine and really savour it rather than gulping. This will help me drink less.

Will be back on Sun night. Happy weekend everyone!
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    For the rest of today:

I will pack my lunch and my daughter's lunch without snacking on what I'm packing. Or anything else I come across. Especially crackers. Yum, crackers...
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps :| not quite
    2. lift heavy things :smiley:
    3. less than 100 G carbs :smiley::smiley:

Super sore after a world-class hip-hop workout on Sunday. I got way too low, low, low and boy do I feel it in my thighs! Barely made it through lifting weights yesterday (ouch!) and I might have to take the day off today.

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :smiley:
    2. do some gentle movement but no formal workout :smiley:
    3. less than 100 G carbs :smiley:

Wednesday: did not set goals due to horrible day...but did not eat either

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. dance
    3. less than 100 G carbs
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Wish me luck.

You are in my thought Vicky!!! I hope you are doing better:)
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »

Wish me luck.

You are in my thought Vicky!!! I hope you are doing better:)

Thanks Ruby. My foot does not throb anymore when I hobble to the bathroom. But it is still too sore to walk flat. Each day will be better and better. Can't wait to get back in my tennis shoes.

I thought I would get bored and nibble all day but it was too painful to get to the kitchen. So I stayed in my calorie limits.
  • jneis
    jneis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    jneis wrote: »

Didn't quite finish the gallon but pretty sure I'm hydrated so...
    Just for today:
    1. Drink 2 cups of green tea
    2. log all my food.

Didn't have a chance to log on this morning. Yesterday at 4 I got the hangrys. Today I preempted the assault with carrots and bell peppers.

Just for this evening :) I'll have a cup of tea :)

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Just for today ( Thursday May 7)
    1 . Take breakfast lunch and snack with me to work :smile:
    2. Walk 1 hour :smile:
    3. Stick to 1200 calories :smile:
    [/quote]

Thursday was a really difficult day but somehow I dragged self across the finish line.

Just for today ( Friday May 8)
    1. Take an early morning walk
    2. Finish laundry and housework
    3. Relax and smile with my kids and hubby
    4. Stick to 1200 calories

• lilyreallywill
    lilyreallywill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will not eat after dinner.