Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Forgot to mention I also hit (even beat) my weight goal for weigh in this morning. I don't know how, but I did it! Am now more than half way to target.

Tuesday's goals:
    - hit calorie target taking care to get enough protein in

:-)

Congratulations! That's an exciting start to a day! (I'm just getting around to catching up w. reading some of all the wonderful posts.)

• kwfitgal
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    great posting everyone. Happy Tuesday!

1.) today gym at lunch to do cardio and arms
    2.) no wine tonight with dinner
    3.) no unhealthy eating after dinner
    4.) enjoy hot tea in evening to help settle the day down

last night I was getting that itch to eat sweets after dinner, I went outside and planted some seeds and worked on getting my bird feeders cleaned out and filled with fresh food. After that I was good to go, it is amazing what you can avoid if you can just distract yourself for a little while:)

@ruby: I love this post!!!!! That is so awesome, and yeah, it's about time that it started being warm enough in good ol' freezing cold Wisconsin! Isn't it nice to get out???!

• kwfitgal
    Options
    I think I'm noticing a link between eating more protein (which I find challenging as a veggie wanting to control calories) and fewer cravings for sugar. This can only be a good thing if it's true so am going to keep putting the effort in to increase protein to around 60 grams a day.

I noticed bri170 commented to you on this, and if it makes any difference, I am finding the same thing: link between increased protein and decreasing sugar cravings. I would add one more, which sounds counter-intuitive but is true: Increasing your healthy fats also helps to cut sugar cravings AND it feeds your body's ability to burn the "bad" fat. Good luck to you!!

• kwfitgal
    Options

Achieved all goals and weighed in with 1 lb lost since last week, despite weekend indulgences. I feel v lucky!
    That's great news! Keep up the super work!!! :)
  • kwfitgal
    Options
    Howdy! I've been MIA from here, too, but still been working on things. And now that I caught up to my actual last entry, I am noticing I just commented on a bunch of your older posts...oh well. I was just so excited to hear some of your good news! :) And, I hope all of you Mama's had a lovely Mother's Day!!

As for me, I had lost and regained 3 lbs near the end of April...discouraging. However, over the last week I have gotten rid of those 3 little beasts again, plus lost one more. Happy dance, happy dance. It is nice to see progress again. I've actually been doing reasonably well on cals...sort of am changing my strategy to be a bit more concerned that I am getting plenty of healthy fats. Have somewhat slacked on exercise, and yet I've lost 4 pounds in the last week!!! I am hoping this continues to work, coz now it is capri and shorts weather. I'd still like to get back on track with exercise :)

@graceraeg: Say, welcome to the group! Your little green picture about "wanna burn a quick 100 calories just do..." looks like a simple possibility :)

JFT 12 May:
    1. Stay close to cal goals/fat intake
    2. Drink 4 pints water/tea
    3. Exercise 30 min.

Happy Tuesday all!!

P.S. I am in the throws of planning a graduation party for my son--my first! Oh my!...if any of you have suggestions and would like to message me with them (i.e. so as not to derail this Just for Today thread with gobbledygook), I'd love it!
  • run_cmc
    run_cmc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Today I will:

1. Go to the gym at lunch
    2. Go to swim practice after work
    3. Have salad for lunch
    4. Finish the day under my calorie goal (to make up for Sun and Mon, where I went over)
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »

As for me, I had lost and regained 3 lbs near the end of April...discouraging. However, over the last week I have gotten rid of those 3 little beasts again, plus lost one more. Happy dance, happy dance. It is nice to see progress again. I've actually been doing reasonably well on cals...sort of am changing my strategy to be a bit more concerned that I am getting plenty of healthy fats. Have somewhat slacked on exercise, and yet I've lost 4 pounds in the last week!!! I am hoping this continues to work, coz now it is capri and shorts weather. I'd still like to get back on track with exercise :)

Great job for sticking with it and losing. Yeah for you!!!! Keep up the great work. Glad to hear from you again.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Met all my goals yesterday, Yippee, 1st time in along time I have met all of them!!!! That just shows if you keep trying and not give up, you will eventually succeed. I say set your goals high and even if you do not achieve all of them it will push you to go further than if you set them low.

JFT 5/19/15

1.) get through the online classes/webinar that will take up most of my work day
    2.) no wine tonight, drink tea instead
    3.) fit in some type of walk after work today
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I have been so busy with work and then outside work, so only getting on here to read everyone's posts. But keeping busy is a good thing. I've been working on drinking more water, and cutting back on the diet soda -- goal is to quit diet soda for good! Loved the ideas of water substitutes, and lemon in water!!

So just for today
    1. Concentrate on drinking water. 2 glasses with each meal, and carry my glass with me in between. Keep drinking!

2. More protein. Someone posted that this helps with sugar cravings, so I am going to concentrate on having at least some protein with each meal. This morning, it was oatmeal with milk and blueberries! So off to a good start!
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

Well today is my husbands last day of holidays at home and time for me to get a little bit more serious. I did pretty good, followed my daily calorie goals and kept active but did it on a whim. Was a fun Mothers Day weekend though.

Just For Today:

~ I will write out my food menu for the week
    ~ Write out a new exercise plan for the next couple weeks
    ~ All meals with be heavily loaded with veggies
    ~ At least 8 glasses of water
    ~ And a date with the treadmill for at least 30 minutes.

Hope you are all enjoying some nice weather!!!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 5/11
    1. Log :)

Just for Today 05/12
    1. log
    2. exercise
    3. take evening vitamins (i always forget those)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Monday:
    1. 12,000 steps (should be easy since I am car-less again) :)
    2. lift heavy things :)
    3. finish up slightly evil foods still hanging around from the weekend and be 100% on track again by Tuesday :)

Tuesday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. swim
    3. under 100G carbs
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Great advice on adding the protein. I had an egg white omelet w/spinach & kale this am & it made a difference. Now...onto the rest of the day!

Planned our suppers for the week so that takes some of the stress out.

Today I will:
    Have veg & fruit with every meal.
    Try to avoid process foods.
    No emotional eating.
    Walk twice today.
    Research kettle bells & workouts.
    Cup of tea for afternoon.

Hope everyone is doing great today!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will:
    • Try to avoid added sugar
    • Eat my vegetables even though I don't like them!
    • Not allow my feelings to dictate what I eat...because right now I could jump into a vat of ice cream.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Today:
    I will run 5K
    Stop at the gym and sign up for weight training tour/set up
    Log everything I eat
  • njlosingweight
    njlosingweight Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread as I am new here. Enjoyed reading thru all your goals and realizing we all have the same struggles.
    Just for today I will:

* Log every bite in MFP
    * 10,000 steps
    * drink my water
    * no nuts today
  • njlosingweight
    njlosingweight Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    PS....how do I find this thread again???
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will:

1. Find time to go to the gym between work and meeting with friends (because I chose to sleep in this morning)
    2. Make GOOD food choices within my calories at dinner while we're out.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone...I just found this thread and I love the idea! I just committed myself back to MFP today after a visit at the orthopedic doc this morning and got some good news! I am so thankful and am ready to get after it!

So...just for today I will;
    1) stay within my calorie goal
    2) get in at least 8,000 steps...need to start small and see how I feel.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    PS....how do I find this thread again???

At the very top of this page is a little star on the right hand side. Click on it and it will turn yellow. Then when you go to Community it will show up at the top when someone posts anything new.