Protein Bars

Options
124»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    fernt21 wrote: »
    I love Quest Bars. Cookies and Cream is my favourite followed by Double Chocolate Chunk.... I've never seen the mint chocolate bar that people keep referring to though and I'd love to try it! I get my bars from GNC, Where are the mint??

You might have to order it from the website (questnutrition.com). That's what I did, and it's much cheaper at $25 per box.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JMC3Terp wrote: »
    fernt21 wrote: »
    I love Quest Bars. Cookies and Cream is my favourite followed by Double Chocolate Chunk.... I've never seen the mint chocolate bar that people keep referring to though and I'd love to try it! I get my bars from GNC, Where are the mint??

I bought my Mint off of Amazon. I wasn't a big fan.

BUT I LOVE C&C and Double Chocolate Chunk. Though I rank them in reverse order :P
    ...Though GNC with the Gold Card is still the best bet for buying a whole case.

how cheap would that be? I usually buy mine on Amazon.

It's like $10 for the year for the Gold Card and I pay $25 a box. Nice to not have to wait on shipping time. I do have Prime, so I suppose I could get the same price point per box, but if you don't have Prime then the $10 a year at GNC wins. I use the hell out of my Prime for lots of other things though. Heh.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    Protein from real food > Protein from powder > Homemade protein bars > Store bought protein bars

Agreed, but sometimes it's easier to grab a bar at the store.

Convenience is a factor, but if people eat conveniently (as opposed to wisely) every single day of their lives, then there is a fundamental issue with their diet. I don't want to live in a world where fresh, whole foods are almost entirely replaced with processed fast foods, with added preservatives, in plastic wrappers, for triple the cost and less flavor.
    Protein from real food > Protein from powder > Homemade protein bars > Store bought protein bars

I'm sorry. I don't understand.

Order of importance... > is the greater than sign.

While this information is true about real food, she is looking for some of the best tasting protein bars. We all know about processed foods and how real food should be eaten. But we do what we do, those who don't want it don't consume it.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options

Convenience is a factor, but if people eat conveniently (as opposed to wisely) every single day of their lives, then there is a fundamental issue with their diet. I don't want to live in a world where fresh, whole foods are almost entirely replaced with processed fast foods, with added preservatives, in plastic wrappers, for triple the cost and less flavor.

While this information is true about real food, she is looking for some of the best tasting protein bars. We all know about processed foods and how real food should be eaten. But we do what we do, those who don't want it don't consume it.

You'd be surprised how many people actually don't know that.

And in regard to her question... after three pages, I think the answer is Quest bars.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    So, I stick with Quest. I have tried other bars, but Quest is one of the few I find that can really get a great taste along with the great macros. I love the fact that they have 15-20g of fiber in them as well. I actually buy them by the case on Amazon.com and the price it's horrible. There is a company on Amazon that will mix and match the flavors for you and sell you the case. My personal favorites are Chocolate Chip Cookie dough, Mint chocolate, and cinnamon roll. I could eat one twice a day I love them so much. I have a harder time figuring out what kind of protein powder to use.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options

You'd be surprised how many people actually don't know that.

And in regard to her question... after three pages, I think the answer is Quest bars.

Yes it sure looks like it and I've never had a Quest Bar!

• cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I see quest bars at the grocery stores all the time.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Dick's Sporting Goods also has the Quest bars. I wasn't a fan of Quest, I prefer Pure Protein and Zone bars.